Reliable, Durable, Corded Mouse recommendations?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

As topic, I'm looking for testimonials in favor of corded mice that can last more than a year without problems. The last 3 models of mice I used, the Logitech G400, G9x, and G400s, have all had an issue where the internal wiring becomes loose where the cord enters the mouse body, resulting in random mouse disconnects, within a year of usage. Despite the smooth warranty system, I'm not inclined to give Logitech any more chances so nothing from that company. Also, buttons for on-the-fly sensitivity adjustments are a must. Thanks in advance!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

As topic, I'm looking for testimonials in favor of corded mice that can last more than a year without problems. The last 3 models of mice I used, the Logitech G400, G9x, and G400s, have all had an issue where the internal wiring becomes loose where the cord enters the mouse body, resulting in random mouse disconnects, within a year of usage. Despite the smooth warranty system, I'm not inclined to give Logitech any more chances so nothing from that company. Also, buttons for on-the-fly sensitivity adjustments are a must. Thanks in advance!

What type of grip are you using?

For wire problems I can suggest you getting a bungee of your liking, I got myself Roccat Apuri.

killerbasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 killerbasa
Member since 2005 • 860 Posts

I really love my SteelSeries Rival. Afaik, it only has a button to switch between 2 sensitivity settings. It also doesn't have a lot of extra buttons for things like MMO's. I was using a G5/G500 for the longest time, but I was really impressed when I made the switch.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

If u still got warranty on the g9x i would get another one, mines been holding up for around 6 years now without any problems whatsoever and I use it daily.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I've been using the G500 for quite a while and I quite like it.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

@PredatorRules:

I use my mouse on both my desk and bed, so a bungee isn't ideal. I'd rather have a mouse that doesn't need to be babied to survive more than a year without problems.

@Tuzolord said:

If u still got warranty on the g9x i would get another one, mines been holding up for around 6 years now without any problems whatsoever and I use it daily.

I actually already received 2 different g400s through my g9x warranty, which will expire later this year. The G9x was discontinued and out of stock when I did the first warranty service and since I only spent $50 on it they gave me an equivalently priced mouse instead. Both ended up doing the random disconnecting thing after less than a year, even though for the second one I took great pains to keep the cord straight wherever possible.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

@PredatorRules:

I use my mouse on both my desk and bed, so a bungee isn't ideal. I'd rather have a mouse that doesn't need to be babied to survive more than a year without problems.

@Tuzolord said:

I actually already received 2 different g400s through my g9x warranty, which will expire later this year. The G9x was discontinued and out of stock when I did the first warranty service and since I only spent $50 on it they gave me an equivalently priced mouse instead. Both ended up doing the random disconnecting thing after less than a year, even though for the second one I took great pains to keep the cord straight wherever possible.

are you sure it's the cord? my g9x is around 5 years old and it works just like new. i don't even use it with care, the braids of the cord are completely torn (plastic is intact).

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Been using my Razer Deathadder Ergo for longer than a year and it has held up extremely well.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

@PredatorRules:

Dude, if you're using it on bed, I'd suggest you getting wireless gaming mouse.

Rob27shred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rob27shred
Member since 2012 • 73 Posts

While I've only had it for a few months my Razer Taipan is holding up really well. Still looks & feels the same as when I took it out of the box almost 5 months later.