thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Post your top steam games, the games that have the most playtime recorded, and maybe say a line or two about why you think those games are so awesome.

This thread might help me and possibly others in deciding what games to buy next, I've already bought a handful of games based of recommendations from other users on these forums so would be interesting to see what games everyone spends the most time on.

I'll go first see below

1. Football Manager Franchise - Too say I like this game is an understatement, over 2300 hours put into it since 2010.

If you like Football then you will like this game, it does take a lot of patience to get your team set up and start winning games though.

2. Skyrim - On PC its a different game once you add mods to it, most my time on Skyrim was spent messing around with cool mods. Adding mods is very easy done though the steam workshop too.

3. Watchdogs - 35 Hours on this game, really ? I didn't even like this game no idea why I played it so much. The stealth sections of the game were really good though I enjoyed those.

4. Civilization V - One the best RTS games there is, would have put more hours into it but the game slows down a lot after a couple hundred turns, it can take nearly a minute to process each turn in the later stages of a game.

5. The Walking Dead - One of the best games I have played in years, never been so gripped by a video game story before, I'm convinced the story in this game is better than the TV show. Its all about the story too not much gameplay mostly collecting items, speaking to characters and making choices.

6. Bioshock Infinite - It was pretty good, I preferred the first game over this one. Only played it for over 10 hours because I kept being a dumbass and getting stuck in easy parts of the game.

7. Bridge Constructor - Really good game, the physics are fun to play about with and the game actually gets really challenging in the later levels. You feel a great sense of achievement when you bridge is strong enough for those pesky lorries to cross in the later levels.

8. Tropico 4 - Its okay, if you like City Building games you will sink a few hours into this. The game has great humour and looks really nice. Its can be challenging to keep making enough money to get by.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Knucklehead/games/?tab=all&sort=playtime

Titan Quest - 321hrs - Favorite ARPG of all time, nuff said.

Borderlands 2 - 128hrs - Another great ARPG but from FP perspective of course. Big world to explore, tons of items, and great atmosphere and humor. Game is ultimately let down by a shallow skill system and overly grindy end game, but oh well.

Skyrim - 122hrs - Loved Morrowind, disliked Oblivion, Skyrim was a middleground between the two and IMO largely successful. My favorite parts of RPG's are exploration, leveling, and combat and I think on that front it's an amazing game.

Might and Magic X - 71hrs - Awesome old school RPG experience. Towards the end it lost some steam but overall an amazing effort and really did a great job translating old school with new technology.

Grim Dawn - 65hrs - Early access game from Titan Quest developers...not a whole lot of surprises here that I play it so much lol. Even in it's early stages it's awesome.

Left 4 Dead 2 - 62hrs - This is mostly my kids playing...still a great game just not me who played it that much.

Dark Souls - One of the best games released. Ever. Period.

King's Bounty (series) - 150+hrs - The original was one of my favorite games on Sega...I remember being excited to find out they were bringing it back, but when I finally played them, ended up blowing my expectation out of the water. Best tactical/rpg mashup IMO.

Divinity: Original Sin - 56hrs - Another brilliant return to form for old school RPG's.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - 54hrs - For atmosphere and intense FPS'ing, nothing beats STALKER.

....and so on :P

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thehig1

@Renevent42: Thanks for posting good read, I've actually just bought Stalker based on it being in your list then watching a few videos on it.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Renevent42

Awesome! If you enjoy atmospheric games, exploration, and a good amount of difficulty you should really like it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thehig1

@Renevent42 said:

Awesome! If you enjoy atmospheric games, exploration, and a good amount of difficulty you should really like it.

I get frustrated when games are too difficult sometimes and can be prone to quitting, and my skill level for FPS like games isn't great, is there a difficulty setting on the game?

I love atmospheric games, Penumbra and Amnesia are some of my favorite games ever.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Civ V - 1600 hours . Best in the series after the expansions

Skyrim - 170 hours. Thanks to mods i always return to this game from time to time though i never really finished the main story

kings Bounty armored princess- 200 hours . More addictive turn based rpg fun

x3 terran conflict - 130 hours ( though i also have the dvd stand alone the non steam version that i probably played at least another 100 hours ) . Once you passed the first and intimidating steps and you start understanding the game mechanics this becomes one of the most addictive and impressive games out there. To bad they messed thinks up X - rebirth

Two worlds 2 - 120 hours. By far best magic crafting/casting system in an RPG and a big and varied world to explore

Deus EX HR 70 hours - This one was a brilliant return to a classic game

Just cause 2 70 hours - Most fun open world game out there. Just hilarious . No story what so ever but who cares

Stalker CS 70 hours- all 3 stalker games were a brilliant buggy mess but i could care less since i think is the best fps game since the late 90's but unlike most i actually like clear sky more than the other 2

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Renevent42

Yeah there is a difficulty setting, but it still can be fairly difficult if you tried to play it like it was COD or something (run and gun). On the lowest setting it shouldn't be all that frustrating though especially you just take your time with it and learn how the game is played. Basically it more difficult than your typical run of the mill FPS, but it's nothing like Dark Souls or anything.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thehig1

@Renevent42 said:

Yeah there is a difficulty setting, but it still can be fairly difficult if you tried to play it like it was COD or something (run and gun). On the lowest setting it shouldn't be all that frustrating though especially you just take your time with it and learn how the game is played. Basically it more difficult than your typical run of the mill FPS, but it's nothing like Dark Souls or anything.

Sounds good, I'm not the run and gun type anyway.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Craft The World 401 hrs on record

7 Days to Die 392 hrs on record

Borderlands 383 hrs on record

Killing Floor 368 hrs on record

Dungeon Defenders 288 hrs on record

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne 280 hrs on record

Tropico 4 251 hrs on record

Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year 242 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead 2 241 hrs on record

Don't Starve 212 hrs on record

Terraria 203 hrs on record

7 Days to die will probably end up being well over 1000 for the next year.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Okay I'm at work so I'm gonna try to kick it from my head.

The top 5 are most likely:

• Dragon Age: Origins (300+ hrs)
  • Civ V (probably ~300 hrs)
  • Skyrim (probably ~250 hrs)
  • Borderlands 2 (~200 hrs)
  • The Witcher 2 (just under 100 hrs)
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Also, I have a 2nd Steam account I also use to play DayZ on (as an alt character), add up the hours and that makes it my 3rd most played Steam game.

Some reasons why I put time into these games...

Warband - straight up best melee combat and sword-fighting in any game. Has one of the most replayable and most moddable SP modes in existence. Great multiplayer, as well as great MP mods. Once you get into this game, it's difficult to put down. I probably only played M&B on Steam for half the time, so I'm sure I'd have closer to 3k hours if it counted them all.

Counter-Strike - Self-explanatory, one of the most fun MP shooters in existence. Doesn't take long to hop in and have fun. Great to play with friends (switching off), often played as a drinking game.

DayZ - The only online multiplayer FPS sandbox I'm aware of (that isn't the poopy Rust). Very MMO-esque. Difficult to NOT sink hours into this game. Doing things in this game is its own reward (particularly surviving and killing tons of other survivors).

Chivalry - similar to M&B but the combat isn't half as good. still, more modern graphics and game still has a pretty fun duel mode.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Steam & XBL games combined.

Forget to turn off 3DMark a lot and due to that it leads to that many hours.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Just got Payday2 two weeks ago :D

Also 1000+ hours into Quake Live (on Steam now but I still use the standalone client outside of Steam)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thehig1

Looking at these lists makes me excited to be a relatively new PC gamer, I look at the games some of you have spent hours on and a lot of them fit my tastes and I've added a few more to my steam wishlist to pick up when I have finished other games and get paid.

I already bought Stalker, looking at the games some of you posted I have added a few more games to my steam wishlist

Craft The world

Titan Quest

Mount & Blade

:)

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#15  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts