This topic is locked from further discussion.

couger77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 couger77
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

Police Sim

There is a lot of demand for this kind of game, especially among players of the popular Police Quest series and SWAT 3.

You're a police officer in a large metropolitan city (a SimCity would be nice). You start out as a rookie (there can be a short training period or rookie school at the beginning to familiarize you with the way the game is played).

This game would be played much like SimCopter and Police Quest. The car would be driven like Need For Speed or Streets of SimCity. You patrol your beat at your own leisure and answer game-generated calls for service (armed robberies, speeding vehicles, riots, wrecks, medical emergencies, traffic jams, fights, drunk drivers, burglar alarms, shootings, fires, etc). There is a map on your car console, that displays an icon showing you where the call is. You have several AI partners on the streets with you. You can call them by radio for backup, also you can hear what they are doing and back them up. You can also notify dispatch for fire and ambulance help. You can also come across speeders, drunks, etc, at random. Whether they pull over and how long it takes them to pull over is up to the computer AI. You may have to chase them.

You have a good bit of equipment to use:
Pistol
Shotgun (stored in trunk of car)
Baton
Pepper Spray
Walkie
Flares
Ticket book
Handcuffs
Flashlight

You also have a choice of several cars to drive such as marked and unmarked Crown Vics and Camaros. Promotions and paychecks are based on points, and money can be used in convenience stores, coffee shops, and to buy new equipment (or maybe to pay informants) etc.

You car also has the basic equipment of a police cruiser. Police radio, spotlight, radar, lights and siren (the siren should have several tones, adjustable by the player, and the lightbar and siren should be on separate switches, this a serious flaw in Need For Speed and other games).

You can interact with people, and you can walk inside building to do things (eat, do paperwork, answer calls, etc.).

There is a central police station, a jail, hospitals, fire stations, bars, gas stations, and a small substation for you and your pa
rtners to hang out. There are "big city" areas as well as
suburban areas and "bad" neighborhoods. suburban areas and "bad" neighborhoods.

Driver 2 gave the player possibility to step out of the car, and hi-jack another one. Suddenly a car game is not all about driving. I think gamers demand more and more from games in the future, it's not enough just driving the car ennymore, the player wishes to totally interact with the surroundings. A police game where you can do "everything" (just not all the booring paperwork) would be very fun. Just imagine, buying donuts before you set of to investigate a robbery.

Think GTA: Role Reversal

Thoughts?

JDavis

http://www.gamediscovery.com/category/2000/december/sim/simpolice.html

Crush_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Crush_Project
Member since 2005 • 606 Posts

the only cop game i would want would be a more realistic one. It would involve typical police tactics of steroetyping whoever it was i wanted to have commited a crime, then rampage all through out the community as a thug for capitalism with a gun thats no better then the scum in his community that hes busting, except he's hypocritical and can always make up some crime if you give him any lip.

You know the 'good' guys. Oh and donuts, gotta have a donut mini game....

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts

Police Sim

There is a lot of demand for this kind of game, especially among players of the popular Police Quest series and SWAT 3.

You're a police officer in a large metropolitan city (a SimCity would be nice). You start out as a rookie (there can be a short training period or rookie school at the beginning to familiarize you with the way the game is played).

This game would be played much like SimCopter and Police Quest. The car would be driven like Need For Speed or Streets of SimCity. You patrol your beat at your own leisure and answer game-generated calls for service (armed robberies, speeding vehicles, riots, wrecks, medical emergencies, traffic jams, fights, drunk drivers, burglar alarms, shootings, fires, etc). There is a map on your car console, that displays an icon showing you where the call is. You have several AI partners on the streets with you. You can call them by radio for backup, also you can hear what they are doing and back them up. You can also notify dispatch for fire and ambulance help. You can also come across speeders, drunks, etc, at random. Whether they pull over and how long it takes them to pull over is up to the computer AI. You may have to chase them.

Pistol
Baton
Pepper Spray
Walkie
Flares
Ticket book
Handcuffs
Flashlight

You also have a choice of several cars to drive such as marked and unmarked Crown Vics and Camaros. Promotions and paychecks are based on points, and money can be used in convenience stores, coffee shops, and to buy new equipment (or maybe to pay informants) etc.

You car also has the basic equipment of a police cruiser. Police radio, spotlight, radar, lights and siren (the siren should have several tones, adjustable by the player, and the lightbar and siren should be on separate switches, this a serious flaw in Need For Speed and other games).

You can interact with people, and you can walk inside building to do things (eat, do paperwork, answer calls, etc.).

There is a central police station, a jail, hospitals, fire stations, bars, gas stations, and a small substation for you and your partners to hang out. There are "big city" areas as well as suburban areas and "bad" neighborhoods.

Driver 2 gave the player possibility to step out of the car, and hi-jack another one. Suddenly a car game is not all about driving. I think gamers demand more and more from games in the future, it's not enough just driving the car ennymore, the player wishes to totally interact with the surroundings. A police game where you can do "everything" (just not all the booring paperwork) would be very fun. Just imagine, buying donuts before you set of to investigate a robbery..

I think this is a brilliant idea.

Thoughts?

JDavis

couger77

Sounds quality. This is a game i would LOVE. I LOVE free Roam games. heres hoping for a GTA type cop sim.

stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts
Can you take bribes to pay for your wife's boobjob?
RandPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RandPC
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts

Can you take bribes to pay for your wife's boobjob? stevendiep_100

What if the officer is female?

Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Thuganomic05
Member since 2004 • 3456 Posts

I would def. buy this game if it was produced

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts
I would want to stick to military style games...Rainbow 6 comes to mind. When you are a Law Enforcement Officer the object is to never fire your gun ever..and that just isnt fun to me.
Xalimander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xalimander
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The game you described is pretty much GTA, except your a cop, not a gangster.Drive around, change cars, do missions, eat at fast food restaurants, and countless other things.
But i suppose all this from a cop perspective may be interesting.

AlphaHumana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlphaHumana
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
Heh, heh, jack a police car in San Andreas and hit "2" ;p No, it really sounds like a great idea, I had loads of fun with SimCopter, despite what most folks thought of it. I too loved the first three Police Quest games, 4 (Open Season) and SWAT games not so much. I still remember the beginning of PQ3 when I got a game over because I shot the crazy guy at the lake instead of whacking him with my baton.
kiwiskydiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kiwiskydiver
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi J. I'm not sure if you're still around????? I love this idea, and have been mullying over a similar idea for many years - thing is; no games developer wants to know about it because they're expecting me to want a percentage from the sales! Which isn't true!!! I just want to see the game idea developed! there's plenty of us "Pro-Police" or police-wannabes' out there that would buy something like this! Get in touch with me and let's start a site or a private forum to develop the idea more! email; kiwiskydiver@yahoo.co.nz (I'm in New Zealand). Cheers. Hamish
m4g3pr08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 m4g3pr08
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Police Sim

Pistol
Baton
Pepper Spray
Walkie
Flares
Ticket book
Handcuffs
Flashlight

There is a central police station, a jail, hospitals, fire stations, bars, gas stations, and a small substation for you and your partners to hang out. There are "big city" areas as well as suburban areas and "bad" neighborhoods.

Driver 2 gave the player possibility to step out of the car, and hi-jack another one. Suddenly a car game is not all about driving. I think gamers demand more and more from games in the future, it's not enough just driving the car ennymore, the player wishes to totally interact with the surroundings. A police game where you can do "everything" (just not all the booring paperwork) would be very fun. Just imagine, buying donuts before you set of to investigate a robbery..

Thoughts?

JDavis

couger77
i would buy that game in a heartbeat if they made it exactly as you stated
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

[QUOTE="couger77"]

Police Sim

Pistol
Baton
Pepper Spray
Walkie
Flares
Ticket book
Handcuffs
Flashlight

Thoughts?

JDavis

m4g3pr08

I would get it if I can play a criminal and the main story line was taking out cops. GT games you will eventually get killed. I prefer the story be around killing cops. That would be much more enjoyable than playing as some fat pig driving around and eating donuts all day.

jaja69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 jaja69
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Police Sim

Pistol
Baton
Pepper Spray
Walkie
Flares
Ticket book
Handcuffs
Flashlight

Thoughts?

JDavis

couger77

Sounds awesome! If there was a create Cop option like in MMOG it would be even more awesome. And it would be most awesome if it had multiplayer and you compete with the other officers to get the highest score (such as arresting criminals and moving hobos) and if it was on steam it could have acheivements! Oh and dont forget civilian NPCs!

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

What about teh doughnuts?

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Four different bumps and this still isn't closed? wow.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Emergency anyone?
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts

I think alot of detail would have to be given to this doughnuts I mean what do they look like? what effects do they give? what sounds do they make as the player munches on them?

jaja69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaja69
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Bump, this is an awesome idea.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

[QUOTE="stevendiep_100"]Can you take bribes to pay for your wife's boobjob? RandPC

What if the officer is female?

Even better
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Normally the car has two Rifles and two shotguns or one rifle and two shotguns. One shotgun in theLeckolock and one rifle in lecko between the driver and passanger as well as a spare shotgun and spare rifle in the trunk Or just a spare shotgun and no rifle. I guess that all depends on the department. Some departments only allow you to have what they say and issue while others will let you duffle and carry as many spare guns as you want in the trunk, if they are your personalguns.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

You know what is hilarious. The idea for this was made up in the year 2000, then posted here in 2007.

I will say though that the 360 forum had a better ridiculous bumping thread. It was bumped over the course of 4 years (each year had at least one bump) and then the original poster said the bumping needed to stop.

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

You know what is hilarious. The idea for this was made up in the year 2000, then posted here in 2007.

I will say though that the 360 forum had a better ridiculous bumping thread. It was bumped over the course of 4 years (each year had at least one bump) and then the original poster said the bumping needed to stop.

Agent_Kaliaver

I didn't put too much thought into to begin with. I would have never thought of it again if you didn't bump it. Iusually don'tcheck the date because they remove most topics within a few days if not a few weeks.

But yeah, it is funny.

couger77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 couger77
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

Bump

:)

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Four different bumps and this still isn't closed? wow.

morrowindnic

Indeed.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

[QUOTE="m4g3pr08"][QUOTE="couger77"]

Police Sim

Pistol
Baton
Pepper Spray
Walkie
Flares
Ticket book
Handcuffs
Flashlight

Thoughts?

JDavis

sleepingzzz

I would get it if I can play a criminal and the main story line was taking out cops. GT games you will eventually get killed. I prefer the story be around killing cops. That would be much more enjoyable than playing as some fat pig driving around and eating donuts all day.

I lol'ed XD

As for the game, I think it sounds ok.. kind of Garry's Mod role-playing Servers-ish.

coolthemanp6p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 coolthemanp6p
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
GUYS WE HAVE TO GET A GAME PUBLISHING COMPANY TO SEE THIS!!!
Mischievity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mischievity
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

GUYS WE HAVE TO GET A GAME PUBLISHING COMPANY TO SEE THIS!!!coolthemanp6p

Why, so they can publish a book on this topic?

I'd much rather a dev took this to heart.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
GUYS WE HAVE TO GET A GAME PUBLISHING COMPANY TO SEE THIS!!!coolthemanp6p
Dude, this thread is old.
Mischievity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mischievity

[QUOTE="coolthemanp6p"]GUYS WE HAVE TO GET A GAME PUBLISHING COMPANY TO SEE THIS!!!kris9031998
Dude, this thread is old.

Yeah, I guess this idea has expired.

So sad...

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

APB kidna did it, to bad it was badly done. A great idea.

Mischievity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mischievity

APB kidna did it, to bad it was badly done. A great idea.

James161324

Isn't APB a "gangster" game? Like with... gangsters?

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 morrowindnic

necroed thread.

But, anyways.

It NEEDS the option to harass and arrest innocent civilians. Only way it would be realistic!

Mischievity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mischievity

necroed thread.

But, anyways.

It NEEDS the option to harass and arrest innocent civilians. Only way it would be realistic!

morrowindnic

I suppose they should also add the option to take drugs as well, since realism is such a factor.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 morrowindnic

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

necroed thread.

But, anyways.

Mischievity

I suppose they should also add the option to take drugs as well, since realism is such a factor.

Oh yeah! And also be able to beat people, and get in to accidents while drunk. And get off scott free!

Mischievity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mischievity

[QUOTE="Mischievity"]

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

necroed thread.

But, anyways.

morrowindnic

Oh yeah! And also be able to beat people, and get in to accidents while drunk. And get off scott free!

At least it would be realistic ;)

Lloydie1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lloydie1234
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
how do you get it??
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#38 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

No one enjoys playing on the side of the law after GTA became so popular. Games are about doing what you can't in real life, and since [most of us] follow the law everyday, why would we want to do that in a game -even as its enforcer. Boring! I'd much rather stab a banker in the face or rip off a little kid selling lemonade than follow traffic signals and help old ladies cross the street.

EDIT BY AMNESIAC23 (to avoid further bumping): Dear god...this topic has been brought back from the dead 3 different times since 2007. Can't we just let it rest in peace?