Pirate RPGs...Any good ones?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coswitcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 coswitcher
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts

Recently did a look-see to find out if there are any good pirate RPGs. Haven't found anything so far...any suggestions?

coswitcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 coswitcher

Huh, maybe there's something good coming...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_Armada_of_the_Damned

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

the closest i ever got to play a pirate rpg is FF2. and the only bit of that about priacy is you steal a ship from pirates(yes it realy is that minor). i didnt know full pirate rpgs even existed

big_orc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 big_orc
Member since 2003 • 1158 Posts

You could try Sid Meier's Pirates! its not exactly an rpg but it is a damn good pirate game. You are basically free to do what ever you want from the start of the game. You start off as the captain of a ship, you can choose to raid trading ships, attack towns, gather crew, go tresure hunting and bunch of other stuff. The faction system works great as well, for example if you consintally raid Spannish ships they will get pissed off and send people after you. But this might please the English who might be at war with Spain. Very fun, one of the best pc games ever made IMO, if you like pirates give it a try.

coswitcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 coswitcher

You could try Sid Meier's Pirates! its not exactly an rpg but it is a damn good pirate game. You are basically free to do what ever you want from the start of the game. You start off as the captain of a ship, you can choose to raid trading ships, attack towns, gather crew, go tresure hunting and bunch of other stuff. The faction system works great as well, for example if you consintally raid Spannish ships they will get pissed off and send people after you. But this might please the English who might be at war with Spain. Very fun, one of the best pc games ever made IMO, if you like pirates give it a try.

big_orc
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try in lieu of waiting for the POTC game linked above.
big_orc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 big_orc
Member since 2003 • 1158 Posts
[QUOTE="big_orc"]

coswitcher
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try in lieu of waiting for the POTC game linked above.

Yea you can get the game off steam for 10 dollars which is an amazing deal. I picked it up for 50 when it first came out and I got my money's worth. Put over 100 hours into the game and was not even close to finishing the main quest. In fact I think I might install it again and play some =D.
icedout06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 icedout06
Member since 2003 • 305 Posts
pirates of the burning sea i played it for a while and enjoyed it
CD-i_ownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CD-i_ownz
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

There was a PotC Bethesda game I played briefly when I was little if I recall. Lots of open world exploration and a complex sword fighting mechanic, didn't play much before my mom saw the rating but I think my dad said in had a lot of bugs. Worth checking out.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
Sea Dogs and Sea Dogs 2/PotC are decent, but take a good amount of effort to "get into." Well worth your time though. Otherwise, Pirates! is your best bet. Super fun.
Tilmer_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tilmer_01
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I know this thread is dead but have you tried age of pirates 1 and 2 i liked the both of them and they are full pirate rpgs they are hard but definitly worth playing
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
Sea Dogs something an old Russian pirate game with RPG ellements I think
Avatar image for lolatmyaccounts
lolatmyaccounts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lolatmyaccounts
Member since 2011 • 64 Posts

There used to be a good pirate MMO by Disney, YEAH..DISNEY!!

It was about pirates of the carribean and you had ships and you went into the sea with your crew and destroyed other ships, it was brilliant.

I forgot the name though.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

pirates of the burning sea i played it for a while and enjoyed iticedout06

This. Or rather, this is more of a ship combat game but you can still be a pirate and it has a very pirate-ish feel to it. It's also free to play!

The game failed rather miserably when it was released, if I remember right it was completely overshadowed by some other major mmorpg release such as Burning Crusade or Age of Conan. However the actual game was great and if you read the reviews you can see it scored a solid 8 and that was years ago! The game is still alive and the world chat always felt active when I played some months back, it really does deserve a bigger playerbase though.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Risen 2 : Dark Waters. But it's not out yet.

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts

Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships is decent if somewhat buggy.

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TailBlood
Member since 2011 • 944 Posts

Sid miers Pirates is amazing. At first It felt repetitive, but afterwhile I was hooked. It's not an rpg, but it's the best pirates game you can possibly buy.

Risen2Player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Risen2Player
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Risen 2 : Dark Waters is a pirate rpg and its the best rpg that i ever played i have started playing a couple days ago and i've got already 16.45 hours of game play. It is i steam for 30 dollars/euros If u find a cracked version for free send it to me plz, im trying to get on my pc but i cant There are 3 dlc's for 30 dollars/euros all.