PC Game Screenshot Thread - Post your Screenshots here!

#751 Edited by mhofever (3954 posts) -

@wis3boi: Wow, nice. Was afraid it was going to be those city management games instead of building, I might need to check into it even more, might even get it.

#752 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

But here's another. I call it "OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING"

Holy crap. That's so insanely awesome. hahaha. Are you using any texture mods? Or is that just the big resolution and, I'd assume, a good bit of AA?

And I might have to check out that gaf screenshot thread.

#753 Posted by NeoEnigma (195 posts) -

I'm only using the foliage texture mod from the Nexus. There's some surprisingly good assets in Dark Souls.

There is no AA you can apply to Dark Souls other than crappy injected SMAA or FXAA. This is all downsampling with DSfix. Although, resolution\downsampling is another form of AA.

I wasn't really happy with any of the shots towards the end of the game. So here's just these 3 to wrap it up.

Now anxiously awaiting Dark Souls 2!

#754 Edited by mhofever (3954 posts) -

Ahh, Dark Souls. 5 hours spent on it and still in the undead burg where you go under the bridge. I don' think I'd be able to finish this game in a year or so the way I'm playing.

#755 Edited by wis3boi (31292 posts) -

I was playing a match of CoD ghosts on the free weekend just to laugh, and was gonna post a couple pics, but....I'd rather not ruin anyone's eyesight here.

screw it, you gotta see the garbage. This was hovering around 25-30fps, too.

#756 Edited by uninspiredcup (8317 posts) -

Guild Wars 2. Loins Arch attack event.

#757 Edited by NeoEnigma (195 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 4

Brutal compression. Yikes.

#758 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@wis3boi: Holy balls. That is beyond disgusting. And the PC version requires DX11! Hahahahahaha. What a god damn joke. I was looking at the steam store page the other day because of the free weekend, and the user reviews are great. Seriously like 99% brutally negative. Even if you select "only positive reviews", you get a pile of reviews saying it's shit, but still giving the thumbs up for some reason.

#759 Posted by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

@wis3boi: SledgeHammer just not giving a damn about PC... unless if it looks like that consoles as well?

#760 Posted by s-e-e-k (247 posts) -

Some Splinter Cell Blacklist

#761 Posted by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

Age of Empires II HD. I've never played AoE II so I'm not sure if the HD version improves graphics or just ups the resolution.

#762 Edited by mhofever (3954 posts) -

@wis3boi: Wow, if it really does look like that on the consoles, it's no where near considered "next-gen" nor even current-gen as their marketing tried to sell it as.

#763 Posted by wis3boi (31292 posts) -

@mhofever said:

@wis3boi: Wow, if it really does look like that on the consoles, it's no where near considered "next-gen" nor even current-gen as their marketing tried to sell it as.

that was taken from max on pc :D

#764 Edited by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

Some random screenshots I had lying around (including some not so pretty CoD: Ghosts shots).

Call of Duty Ghosts

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Starwhal: Just the Tip

#765 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@mhofever said:

that was taken from max on pc :D

A friend shared his steam library and i gave it a go. I had to dload like 30gb, hoping for ultra hd textures and this is what i got

This and extremely choppy performance. Even couldn't launch the game with less than 6gb of ram and had to do a dirty workaround. I think they tried to add some more complex particles and debris to the very old engine, attemping to achieve a fake next-gen feel and they just broke it.

BO2 has some nice effects and looks eye candy sometimes though.

#766 Edited by mhofever (3954 posts) -

@alan_carter: Yea, some of the BO 2 maps looked actually pretty detailed, Overflow imo had the best details and lighting any CoD map had.

#767 Edited by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

I was playing a match of CoD ghosts on the free weekend just to laugh, and was gonna post a couple pics, but....I'd rather not ruin anyone's eyesight here.

screw it, you gotta see the garbage. This was hovering around 25-30fps, too.

there is either something wrong with your install or your computer, because i have played Ghosts and it -NEVER- looked that bad. i remember pretty much every spot you showed, and they do not look like that on my PC OR my XB1. COD Ghosts is by far the best looking COD in the series... but that really doesnt mean much because it is still far behind games like BF4.

you should honestly be bashing the game because it just isnt that good... not because of the graphics, which are still FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than Titanfall. if you wanna see shit graphics.... take a look at that game.

#768 Edited by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

@geminontraveler:

I got textures like that aswell, i reckon they can't be that bad, but even loading properly, they are awful and ugly, it's like a mw3 running at 30 fps's with dogs. The only part that looks decent is the mission of the jungle where whe foliage covers up the nasty textures.

By the way, Titanfall looks as bad as IW cods but without dogs. The thing about this is how come a so dated game claims to be next gen and in the process runs like cow.

#769 Posted by mhofever (3954 posts) -

Just got Battlefield 4 from the 50% off deal on Origin. It's so beautiful and runs pretty well (except multiplayer, some issues there) but really, was J J Abrams like head of lighting because dem lens flares.....

#770 Edited by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

Dust: An Elysian Tail

#771 Edited by amalager (117 posts) -

Eclipse War:

This is all the Transformation Card that I obtained so far. I like morphing into a Human to amplify my Matk.

#772 Edited by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

The Swapper

#773 Posted by uninspiredcup (8317 posts) -

Guild Wars 2

#774 Edited by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

Guacamelee!

#775 Edited by mhofever (3954 posts) -

Lovely Battlefield 4. The graphics, amazing, the fights, so intense, the maps...leagues better than BF3. And hit detection is much more improved. I don't die now when I return to cover after being shot at like in BF3.

#776 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16457 posts) -

@blangenakker: The Swapper looks great, got it in the last Humble Bundle and need to give it a try soon

Age of Empires II HD. I've never played AoE II so I'm not sure if the HD version improves graphics or just ups the resolution.

AOE II used to only support a limited number of resolutions (most if not all were 4:3) but now you can play it in widescreen, ultra widescreen and even multi-monitor widescreen.

They also converted the sprite based system into a texture based system but that doesn't change much. You can download a lot of graphic mods on steam workshop though, modding is a bonus from switching to textures.

What I definitely would recommend is the old HUD icons for food, stone, gold and wood. It's called "original resource icons"

I was playing Thief

#777 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22119 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k

Whats the thief game like? Is it linear or pretty open?

#778 Posted by remiks00 (1806 posts) -
#779 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16457 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k

Whats the thief game like? Is it linear or pretty open?

It's somewhat linear, but also somewhat open.

Say you have to get into a house, there are multiple routes you can take like you can do in Deus Ex Human Revolution

The levels itself seem to all be tiny sandboxes where you can find alternate routes to avoid guards or even go off the beaten path to find more things to steal.

I would say it's pretty open, but the design structure of a lot of the missions is still: go here, move to the next district, go there. But once you get to your objective, the choice is yours. And as I said, you can go off the beaten path and break into houses. That is really cool.

#780 Posted by Jd1680a (5932 posts) -

There is new version of Space Engine that came out last month. It increased the graphic textures of the planets, make it easier to navigate a space ship, add new space ship models. When Life is listed in a system it will define what type of life and the location of life isnt just at inner planets.

#781 Posted by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

*slow clap*

#783 Posted by Jd1680a (5932 posts) -

A few screenshots of Thief.

#784 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15987 posts) -

A few games from the lappie......

#785 Edited by amalager (117 posts) -

My Characters So Far.

Eclipse War:

Mercenary Online 2:

Dragon Nest:

#786 Posted by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

Euro Truck Simulator 2

#787 Posted by mhofever (3954 posts) -

South Park : The Stick of Truth.

The Return of the Chinballs
You can unfriend Al Gore but you'll need to be better equipped and at a higher level or you'll die quite easily.
Yea, Al Gore's special power is the ability to show power point slides of Global Warming.

#788 Posted by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

Rock of Ages

#789 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15987 posts) -

Used a hex editor to disable the minimap in Far Cry 3. Yaay!

#790 Posted by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

Banished - Loving it so far, started on Easy just to get a hang of the game

#791 Posted by ZenOfWar (7 posts) -
#792 Posted by amalager (117 posts) -

I just noticed this today. My character is a Healer but her weapon looks like an axe. @_@

#793 Posted by Jd1680a (5932 posts) -

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2.

#794 Posted by Dead_Years (6 posts) -

Hi there!

Let me introduce to you the new open world zombie survival game - Dead Years. The game is currently in production, and its release date is in August 2014. You can check our website for more info. Also, we'll be happy to see you follow us on our social media pages (F, T, G+). Meanwhile, here are some screenshots. Cheers!

#795 Posted by Jd1680a (5932 posts) -

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2. I beat this game yesterday.

#796 Edited by couly (5815 posts) -

#797 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15987 posts) -

I finally got around to playing Bioshock Infinite. Now I'm wondering why I didn't buy it before. I thought it might take a while to "click" like the original Bioshock did (three tries). But....nope. I jumped right in.

#798 Edited by s-e-e-k (247 posts) -

Splinter Cell: Blacklist... One of the best games I've ever played. I just finished it lastnight. Alittle short but the levels are greatly designed and rich with detail

#799 Posted by blangenakker (2295 posts) -

Seems people are really liking Black List, perhaps I should try it out

#800 Edited by s-e-e-k (247 posts) -

@blangenakker: If your into tactical games and you like firearms like me you'll really love it. Otherwise you shouldn't buy it.