Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 s-e-e-k
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

Is this as good as theoriginal Operation Flashpoint? I loved the first one so, so much. Does it measure up?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Avoid it like the plague unless you absolutely love any kind of shooters and you like wasting your time. :)
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

From what I read, the only thing the original Operation Flashpoint and Dragon Rising have in common is the name.

Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

The review on my page pretty much sums up my thoughts, and that's the short version.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

opfp2;DR isnt a terribad game. but they took alot of what made opfp out of it that made it fun. as a result its a fairly hollow and unenjoyable experience. if you really want to push through the hate of it pick it up for less than $5

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Completely different game to the originals, completely different developers. However as a co-operative shooter it seems pretty competent; it's a cross between the realism of actual Flashpoint (the ArmA games are its true sequels), and more arcadey shooters.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

doesnt live up to the name, short SP, the lack of post release support makes it a bland game.

kresimirzvonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kresimirzvonko
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I played with my friend in coop and it was really amazing for us. I don' think t I would enjoy even 15% of that if I played alone. There aren't similar games this gen. (if we don't count arma) . I really liked that has big areas ,vehicles, scouting area and attacking with couscous
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Awful game,The original Flashpoint was absolutly ace,Flashpoint: DR is elephant poo.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
I got it last year with a bundle and could barely play through the first mission... I uninstalled it and never look at it again.
djnicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 djnicks
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is an epic game i cant believe hw people hating this game and saying terrible i hav myself spent 500+ hours on this its one of the best tactical out there game got perfect graphics with day night environment and map editer i played like 250+ maps realism is a key part for this game. only reason people stopped playing being lag ,crap sequal red river and other shooters perhaps making more like bf3 cod which are great of there own genre also online functionality got disabled i m nt sure though but lan would work what i feel unfortunate abt this game is epic era which very few experienced . dont belive me ? play coop for once if you own it and dont just love or hate the game icon. i love this game its best sim action tactical out there except arma 2 sry for bad eng.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is an epic game i cant believe hw people hating this game and saying terrible i hav myself spent 500+ hours on this its one of the best tactical out there game got perfect graphics with day night environment and map editer i played like 250+ maps realism is a key part for this game. only reason people stopped playing being lag ,crap sequal red river and other shooters perhaps making more like bf3 cod which are great of there own genre also online functionality got disabled i m nt sure though but lan would work what i feel unfortunate abt this game is epic era which very few experienced . dont belive me ? play coop for once if you own it and dont just love or hate the game icon. i love this game its best sim action tactical out there except arma 2 sry for bad eng.djnicks

Epic era? Lol. I played it when it was released, didnt like it at all. I did like the editor though, even with the obvious console focused engine restrictions it had. I won an I7 860 in the intel mission competition so at least I got my moneys worth.