NVIDIA GTX560 Arctic Accelero cooler compatibility

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EscShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EscShift
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

Hi yous

I have this very card:

http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=853&lang=en

It's a regular GTX560 and it is VERY noisy when it's under load (temp 71c)

Thought about putting an Arctic cooler on it, say the Accelero Twin Turbo III, but it's not absolutely clear to me if it's compatible. Check their product catalog:

http://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/products/cooling/vga.html

It says 560 (Ti, SE).

Mailed Arctic a week ago, but got no answer (bad Arctic, bad!).

Anyone has experience with Arctic and can say with certainty if it's compatible or not?

EscShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EscShift
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

OK, it won't fit. None of them (not the Turbo III and the Xtreme IV)

Got an answer (finally) from Arctic:

Dear Nadfar,

Thank you for your interest in our product. Accelero Xtreme IV is compatible to a reference GTX 560.

Please notice that Accelero Xtreme IV is compatible only with the graphics card using a standard size PCB with a width of 98mm.

Graphics cards with different dimensions will not be compatible with this cooler.

This includes:

-Low profile Graphics card

-Graphics cards with extended PCB (such as : ASUS DirectCU II R9 290, GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5)

Please check the height restriction drawing for non-reference card.

If you could not find the correct information please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you for your trust in ARCTIC.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Leo So

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Marketing Assistant

-------------

So I checked their Tech PDFs of all the coolers I was interested in, saw in one of the PDFs a clearer text about compatibility: 560, 560Ti, 560SE, but after checking again the specs of my GTX560 (it says: PCB: 168mm(L)x112mm(W) ) and taking measurements to make sure... I don't think that it will fit.

Also, checked like 25 cards and didn't find one that is 98mm width.

Learned the lesson: Next time when buying a demanding card, I'll get one that already has 2 fans.