Non-violent pc games suggestions ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by robnjessmom (7 posts) -

Advice please,  I am looking for non violent pc games.   Such as, Dreamfall, The Longest Journey, Ankh, Secret Files:Tunguska, Myst series.  I am getting desperate because I am almost finished with the game I'm playing now.  Any suggestions??? Thanks

#2 Posted by Vampyronight (3933 posts) -
The Civilization games are definitely tons of fun and non-violent (well, I suppose you CAN start wars if you'd like). Sim City 4
#3 Posted by Gavin2232 (145 posts) -
I would recommend  a point and click game called Curse of monkey Island or Broken Sword (Although it contains some violence). They are relatively old but as a result cheap but are still great puzzle/adventure games. You could also try the movies where you run your own movie studio and make you own movies. 
#4 Posted by A-S_FM (2208 posts) -

there are hundred and hundreds of non-violent games out there

if you want literally no violence, check out tycoon games such as the sims 2, sim city 3000 or rollercoaster tycoon - these are generally games where you build and manage rather than destroy - build a city, build a house and its inhabitants, build a theme park, and so forth - there's also a fun little game called ghost master, where you have to use various supernatural buddies of yours, each with specific abilities, to scare the inhabitants out of a house - fun game

just about every driving game ever made should be okay (but avoid road rash!!!), or sports games (avoid speedball 2!!!)

just about every point n click adventure game is okay - the monkey island games, grim fandango and the broken sword games are fine examples (and this is clearly a genre you enjoy, so check these out for sure)

if you're okay with violent context, but no particular violence itself - then check out civilization 4 - it's a turn based game where you build empires and manage your economic and tecnhological (and military) growth, war is a factor - but it's hard to call it violent - it could be compared with chess (and is a great, great game - check out the demo)

there's also all the great (non-violent-ish) roleplaying games like baldur's gate 1 and 2 and planescape torment and neverwinter nights - while combat features heavily in each, it's again hard to call it violent, you get worse in cartoons for kids

#5 Posted by dunamistheou (4744 posts) -
Roboblitz (uses Unreal Engine 3 :) ) GTR 2 (racing) Flat Out 2 (funnest racing game I have played)
#6 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31998 posts) -

Darwinia!

#7 Posted by cnlst8 (98 posts) -

Most adventure games are non-violent:

Syberia 1 & 2  

Sam and Max series

Grim Fandango

Broken Sword Series (well most of the story involve with death)

#8 Posted by GlenQuagmire (11783 posts) -

A guilty pleasure of mine is The Sims 2.

#9 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -
isnt dreamfall rated M for blood/violence?
#10 Posted by Somebean (108 posts) -

GTR 2 is one of the best racing games ever

the RollerCoaster Tycoon series is awesome, i havent played the 3rd one but i heard its really fun 

#11 Posted by krimla (264 posts) -
Rainbow Doom
Battlefield 2: Hug Edition
#12 Posted by aura_enchanted (7942 posts) -
most simulators like flight simulator is usually good, sports games (EA brand has a good number of these) would probably fit under their too but essentially those will be slightly older games as they tend not to do well in a PC market (not to say their not good games with some enjoyment in them). If your also reallly..really i need of some non-violent games u could always ROM and Emulator games from old game consoles like snes, gba, N64, and a host of others.
#13 Posted by Averynn (38 posts) -

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows (Some violence though) It´s an action stealth game.

#14 Posted by Deltaforce- (314 posts) -

It sounds like you are looking for an RPG. For non-rpg, Virtual Skipper 3 or 4 (yacht racing) are a lot of fun in single player or multi. 

#15 Posted by Averynn (38 posts) -

1. All of the "Tycoon" games (Rollercoaster Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon etc.)

2. The Sims 1 or 2.

3. Sims City

#16 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Lego StarWars II
#17 Posted by acsguitar (1840 posts) -
Rainbow Doom
Battlefield 2: Hug Editionkrimla
Awesome :) Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Sunshine Village
#18 Posted by Artosa (5063 posts) -
this one http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/barbietheprincessandthepauper/index.html?q=barbie
#19 Posted by gamerchris810 (2372 posts) -
get Gun its defintly not violent in any way :D
#20 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31998 posts) -

[QUOTE="krimla"]Rainbow Doom
Battlefield 2: Hug Editionacsguitar
Awesome :) Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Sunshine Village

Splinter Cell: Hide and Seek

Command and Conquer: Carebearian Sun

Teletubbies: Total War

Hmm what other non-violent games are out there?....

#21 Posted by Averynn (38 posts) -

Europe Universalis 1-3

Hearts of Iron 1 or 2

Victoria

#23 Posted by Scatsofrango (555 posts) -
Check out for winning eleven series, unless you are concerned about violent faults:D
#24 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -
I respect you my friend!
#25 Posted by el_carl (2376 posts) -
I would recommend a point and click game called Curse of monkey Island or Broken Sword (Although it contains some violence). They are relatively old but as a result cheap but are still great puzzle/adventure games. You could also try the movies where you run your own movie studio and make you own movies. Gavin2232
The movies can be a bit violent.
#26 Posted by Battleer (1261 posts) -

Darwinia!

mrbojangles25
Your kidding right? With the slaughter of helpless darwinians? YOUR SICK go get your own board you $%#@ &&%#^ (*^%^%&$
#27 Posted by dunamistheou (4744 posts) -
Some people need to stop being so immature and honestly answer the original poster's question. It's not that hard. If you're too ignorant to do so, do not reply to the thread--simple as that.
#28 Posted by cheetah222222 (1 posts) -

Prototype is excellent

#29 Posted by kilaan (843 posts) -

Nancy Drew : Adventure pack on steam, 6 games for $60

Tales of Monkey Island complete pack for $35

You know what, just go here, give you a good idea what games are out there

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Adventure/

#30 Posted by flipin_jackass (9729 posts) -
Beyond Good and Evil
#31 Posted by Kserijaro (30 posts) -
Stolen, Dracula 3 - Path of the Dragon,Crayon Physics(nice game actually ),World of Goo,BrainPipe...All i can think of for now. BTW people like games cause of violently bloody gore goodness.
#32 Posted by BlackBalrog (1 posts) -
I know it's late to comment on this (4 years late) but a great non violent game coming out soon is Dead Rising 3: Tweenies revenge
#33 Posted by ferrari2001 (17232 posts) -
Minecraft?
#34 Posted by MacBoomStick (1822 posts) -

Postal 2

#35 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
second life.