No talks about Rise of Incarnates?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Can't help but note the lack of news surrounding Rise of Incarnates given that it finally has an Early Access release date, so i figured that making a thread about RoI would spark some conversation regarding the game, whether you're genuinely interested in it or if you simply wish to buy the game out of respect for the studio responsible Tales and Tekken.

What is Rise of Incarnates?

Asides from what could possibly become an excuse to keep Tekken and Tales on consoles if it fails, Rise of Incarnates is a free-to-play 2 versus 2 3D fighting game that borrows heavily from Extreme Gundam VS' mechanics while featuring characters designed by the creator of Tekken. That's pretty much the long and short of it.

This video will do a much better job at explaining it than me

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

sounds like garbage. pass.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flashn00b

@cyloninside said:

sounds like garbage. pass.

I'm not completely interested in the game myself, though I also know that if it fails, BNS will just use Rise of Incarnates as an excuse to not port their games to PC.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flashn00b

@sheikhspeare: Well, it's a pretty big deal for me because it marks the first PC game from a developer that has only worked on consoles that just so happens to own one of my favourite JRPG franchises.

Having played the beta myself, i can see that it has potential to succeed on its own merits. If it can't, it can at least can serve as a glorified petition

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By flashn00b

@sheikhspeare: Given that its really rough, it'd be hard to describe.

As with most multiplayer games, it isn't exactly the "pick up and play" sort of thing, as I've practically went in with no knowledge of Extreme Gundam VS.

From what i've played during practice matches (which is probably the worst way to learn how to play outside of learning the controls), the controls for the most part work provided that you're using an Xbox 360 controller for Windows, though the roster is a little underwhelming (understandable given its beta status). Other than that, it's really hard to find a match given that the main menu is horribly unoptimized to the point where the game thinks your computer can't run the game (Actual gameplay runs at a smooth 60fps)

Hoping that the performance issues on the main menu will be fixed on the Early Access release, though knowing Japan's lack of familiarity with PC gaming, i wouldn't hold my breath.