This topic is locked from further discussion.

adam92682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adam92682
Member since 2002 • 2001 Posts
I ordered 2 sticks of RAM from newegg.com and i picked the FedEx overnight shipping option for an extra $20.88.  My package is now a day late and i still hasnt arrived. can I expect a refund of shipping charges?
KILLERJAK702KA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KILLERJAK702KA
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
processing takes 1-2 days then it will be shipped so it could technically take about 3 days 4 at the most.

ps. btw fedex sucks UPS is much faster than Fedex i have tryed both and UPS is excellent!
adam92682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adam92682
it already shipped and was on fedex vehicle for delivery it just never made it to my door and no delivery attempt was made.
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts
Doh that sucks, move closer :D. I get next day delivery on the free ground option.
adam92682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adam92682
now we did just get a few feet of snow here and the roads weere really bad but i dont except that as an excuse because i saw UPS deliving to my neighbors
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts
Youre just unlucky. Everytime Ive ordered from there Ive gotten it the next day.
dbpanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 dbpanek
Member since 2005 • 1406 Posts

Newegg is usually better than that, but I guess crap happens.

But if you paid extra for one day shipping and it didn't get to you in one day, raise a stink.  You should get some sort of refund.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
Well, you said it was already shipped but FedEx is taking it's time, so why is Newegg involved again? The only time they shipped late for me was on the week before christmas, which is understandable. Otherwise, stuff usually gets shipped quickly and arrives quickly through UPS.
adam92682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 adam92682
new egg is involved because as far as fedex is concerned newegg is the customer because they are the shipper. Im just the receipient.
nohabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 nohabs
Member since 2004 • 10797 Posts
Maybe Fedx did try to deliver it but you had the " must sign" active, if no one is home, no delivery
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

new egg is involved because as far as fedex is concerned newegg is the customer because they are the shipper. Im just the receipient.adam92682

If you want to get to the root of your problem...you need to call FedEx, give them your tracking number and explain your issue to them. They will put a trace out on that package and be able to tell you immediately why your package wasn't delivered on time.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Check to see if it isn't one of those "must order before 12PM" type shipping deals, good for me i live a few miles from a Newegg warehouse so usually my packages take 1-2 days with regular shipping :D
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

[QUOTE="adam92682"]new egg is involved because as far as fedex is concerned newegg is the customer because they are the shipper. Im just the receipient.DieselCat18

If you want to get to the root of your problem...you need to call FedEx, give them your tracking number and explain your issue to them. They will put a trace out on that package and be able to tell you immediately why your package wasn't delivered on time.

Yupp, after it leaves newegg's warehouse it's in the hands of the shipper and newegg no longer has anything to do with it. Sounds like FedEx botched it.

I'm sure you have a tracking number, doesn't it say where it is atm?
Avatar image for Generalkill8888
Generalkill8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Generalkill8888
Member since 2004 • 5305 Posts
I ordered 2 sticks of RAM from newegg.com and i picked the FedEx overnight shipping option for an extra $20.88. My package is now a day late and i still hasnt arrived. can I expect a refund of shipping charges?adam92682
No you cant, which sucks, I would have picked Rush Order Processing with that Order. Anyways it usually takes around 24 hours to process. So you can expect your package within 2 or 3 business days. Its not like they are going to ship it out the day they receive your order.

Since it already shipped out, its pretty much all FedExs fault on that one. I Usually go with UPS just because they are cheaper on newegg.
dbpanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dbpanek
Member since 2005 • 1406 Posts

I would think that even though it is Fedex's fault for botching the delivery, it is still newegg's responsibility to credit him.  The OP is a customer of newegg's, NOT Fedex's.  Newegg should refund the cost, and then it is newegg's responsibility to get the refund from Fedex.

I would contact Fedex and see why it wasn't delivered, though.  If they honestly tried to deliver it in one day and you weren't there to receive it, that is not Fedex's fault, and you can't get your money back.  But if they never tries to deliver it, then you should get your money back.

adam92682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 adam92682

[QUOTE="adam92682"]I ordered 2 sticks of RAM from newegg.com and i picked the FedEx overnight shipping option for an extra $20.88. My package is now a day late and i still hasnt arrived. can I expect a refund of shipping charges?Generalkill8888
No you cant, which sucks, I would have picked Rush Order Processing with that Order. Anyways it usually takes around 24 hours to process. So you can expect your package within 2 or 3 business days. Its not like they are going to ship it out the day they receive your order.

Since it already shipped out, its pretty much all FedExs fault on that one. I Usually go with UPS just because they are cheaper on newegg.

you didnt read my post completely. it was already on the fedex truck sheduled for delivery that day.  There was a delay because around 3 feet of snow fell and the roads were not cleared.  But I dont care about that because i still had to go into work that day so they should have done thier work also. If they couldnt get the trucks on the road they should have used a helicopter to bring me my package

Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts
Doh that sucks, move closer :D. I get next day delivery on the free ground option. BeavermanA
You also must pay sales tax on newegg :-P
oldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 oldogg
Member since 2003 • 823 Posts

[QUOTE="Generalkill8888"][QUOTE="adam92682"]I ordered 2 sticks of RAM from newegg.com and i picked the FedEx overnight shipping option for an extra $20.88. My package is now a day late and i still hasnt arrived. can I expect a refund of shipping charges?adam92682

you didnt read my post completely. it was already on the fedex truck sheduled for delivery that day.  There was a delay because around 3 feet of snow fell and the roads were not cleared.  But I dont care about that because i still had to go into work that day so they should have done thier work also. If they couldnt get the trucks on the road they should have used a helicopter to bring me my package

grow up.
Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
Uh, if he paid $20 for next day, and didn't get it, he should get a refund. Im sure Newegg will take care of it if you contact them... They offered me a shipping refund on ground because it was a day late... I never followed up because it wasn't a big deal and it was ground, but if I paid for next day I sure would expect to get it the next day after it was shipped. lol @ helicopter, you'll probably get a complete refund on shipping, at least you should.
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts
[QUOTE="BeavermanA"]Doh that sucks, move closer :D. I get next day delivery on the free ground option. Baselerd
You also must pay sales tax on newegg :-P

Yea that's why I only get small orders there if I need a single part quickly, I got all but one thing for my new rig out of state, cause tax on about $1200 is way more than shipping.
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

[QUOTE="Generalkill8888"][QUOTE="adam92682"]I ordered 2 sticks of RAM from newegg.com and i picked the FedEx overnightt shipping option for an extra $20.88. My package is now a day late and i still hasnt arrived. can I expect a refund of shipping charges?adam92682

you didnt read my post completely. it was already on the FedEx truck sheduled for delivery that day.  There was a delay because around 3 feet of snow fell and the roads were not cleared.  But I dont care about that because i still had to go into work that day so they should have done thier work also. If they couldnt get the trucks on the road they should have used a helicopter to bring me my package

You know you keep crying about how you didn't receive your package on time because there was three feet of snow on the roads, but FedEx still needed to get you your package even if they had a valid reason why they could not. Many of you are putting the blame at FedEx 's door when no one knows what the reason was for non-delivery. And for some that said there is a delivery commitment time with FedEx of 2-3 days are incorrect, FedEx doesn't have a service that covers a 2-3 day span using express(which means air service). It offers First overnight(by 8am, limited areas only), overnightt priority(by 10:30am, depending on the area), standard next-day(by 3:00pm, depending on the area), 2nd day business(by 7pm residential), 3 day business(by 7pm residential). FedEx Ground service offers delivery 4-5 business days.

Thats why I said before, You needed to contact FedEx and speak to a service agent, giving them the tracking number of your package. They will then issue a trace and be able to tell you exactly what happened. If the problem of non-delivery was a fault on FedEx 's part, then you should be covered for your shipping charges. If it was an issue out of their control for not delivering your package on time, then your probably out of luck. And the delivery commitment time is based on when the package was picked up from Newegg, not when you placed your order.