New Wolfenstein Game - Your Thoughts

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#1 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

I am quite excited about the new Wolfenstein game. The hate for this game on various websites is crazy. It may not be the most ground breaking game, but seriously, I can;t believe that first person shooter fans are not looking forward to this game. I am sure its going to be a whole lot better than most of the console ports, case in point - Ghostbusters.

What are your thoughts?

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I think it'll be pretty good. I have faith in id Software.

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

I am defintately interested, and ID has a good reputation with me. So ill definately check it out.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I liked the videos so far. I hope Raven keeps the new Wolfenstein as old-school as possible.

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

I am quite excited about the new Wolfenstein game. The hate for this game on various websites is crazy. It may not be the most ground breaking game, but seriously, I can;t believe that first person shooter fans are not looking forward to this game. I am sure its going to be a whole lot better than most of the console ports, case in point - Ghostbusters.

What are your thoughts?

chandu83

RTCW and also Enemy Territory are two all time favorites of mine... I will most certainly be looking forward to a new Wolfenstein game. As long as it has a good story, action and game-play, I'm not the least bit concerned about other's complaints that it may not be ground breaking. Which, IMO, the term ground breaking is so over used.When new games come out and don't meet that so called requirement, people will in many cases, discount the actual quality (or non-quality) of a game just because it didn't meet the ground breaking criteria...I do like to see innovations in new games, but just because a new release doesn't cook breakfast or get the morning paper for you, doesn't mean it's not worth it......sorry but that just drives me crazy when people use that label ! ..........:o

*+

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

getting it for sure. killing nazi zombies never gets old. loved return to castle wolfenstein. i'll love this game too

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chandu83

[QUOTE="chandu83"]

What are your thoughts?

DieselCat18

RTCW and also Enemy Territory are two all time favorites of mine... I will most certainly be looking forward to a new Wolfenstein game. As long as it has a good story, action and game-play, I'm not the least bit concerned about other's complaints that it may not be ground breaking. Which, IMO, the term ground breaking is so over used.When new games come out and don't meet that so called requirement, people will in many cases, discount the actual quality (or non-quality) of a game just because it didn't meet the ground breaking criteria...I do like to see innovations in new games, but just because a new release doesn't cook breakfast or get the morning paper for you, doesn't mean it's not worth it......sorry but that just drives me crazy when people use that label ! ..........:o

*+

I am happy to know that there are people who think there is potential in this game.

I loved Quake 4 and I am glad that they are creating a new Wolfenstein game with Doom 3 engine. Lets look at it this way, we got a Doom, Quake and Wolfenstein games of the same generation. I am particularly happy about that.

To me, Quake 4 was an under rated game. You can read my thoughts on it. I believe that that the potential of the game is not fully realized, but its still a fantastic game.

This might raise a few eyebrows, but I've enjoyed it just as much as Half-Life 2 if only for entirely different reasons.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="chandu83"]

What are your thoughts?

DieselCat18

*+

Co-sign 100%. Im very excited for the online to hehe.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

Should be a fun game. I'm sure they'll do some cool stuff with multiplayer and based on the footage I've seen, the tesla coil gun is awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on that thing and fry some turkeys in both single and multi-player.

Screw the haters.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chandu83
Screw the hatersTHA-TODD-BEAST
Thank you. Those were my thoughts exactly.
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

[QUOTE="DieselCat18"]

[QUOTE="chandu83"]

What are your thoughts?

chandu83

*+

I am happy to know that there are people who think there is potential in this game.

I loved Quake 4 and I am glad that they are creating a new Wolfenstein game with Doom 3 engine. Lets look at it this way, we got a Doom, Quake and Wolfenstein games of the same generation. I am particularly happy about that.

To me, Quake 4 was an under rated game. You can read my thoughts on it. I believe that that the potential of the game is not fully realized, but its still a fantastic game.

This might raise a few eyebrows, but I've enjoyed it just as much as Half-Life 2 if only for entirely different reasons.

I also enjoyed Quake 4 very much....I like your take from the perspective on how the most recent releases of these games are being created using the DOOM 3 engine. And that in itself is a really good reason to get excited about this latest Wolfenstein game. And the person that mentioned earlier, it is a wonderful thing to kill Nazi Zombie Goons...LOL

*+

*+

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chandu83
Think about it. There is no reason to even doubt if this game will run at highest or not. Most of the gaming PCs today should be able to handle it at highest. I thought Quake 4 was amazing at Ultra settings. So here is to hoping Wolfenstein is going to be a fantastic game.
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 THA-TODD-BEAST

Think about it. There is no reason to even doubt if this game will run at highest or not. Most of the gaming PCs today should be able to handle it at highest. I thought Quake 4 was amazing at Ultra settings. So here is to hoping Wolfenstein is going to be a fantastic game. chandu83

Yep. It's running on a modified version of id's Tech 4 engine, which is the same engine that powered Doom 3, Quake 4, Prey, Quake Wars, etc. Performance should be great on most modern-day PCs. I think that's something most folks forget when games don't have outrageously-good graphics. Even if they won't be the best out there, the game will almost surely perform better as a result and can still look good when making use of certain special effects and art styles.

EDIT - I also checked and found this information about some of the changes they've made, which explains why this game looks better than the older ones I mentioned: "The engine has a new lightning technique called "Deferred Shading" that allows for many dynamic lights in the same area, allowing for more than 90 dynamic lights in the scene, far more than either the Doom 3 engine allowed. Thanks to this lightning system, the shadows are now soft-shadow volumes, without hard edges in the shadows and a completely new Particle system." Yummy! Soft shadows for the win! I just hope those new techniques won't hurt performance too badly.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
im not hyped for it necessarily but im keeping my eyes open and if the word is good they will have my purchase.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chandu83

[QUOTE="chandu83"]Think about it. There is no reason to even doubt if this game will run at highest or not. Most of the gaming PCs today should be able to handle it at highest. I thought Quake 4 was amazing at Ultra settings. So here is to hoping Wolfenstein is going to be a fantastic game. THA-TODD-BEAST

Yep. It's running on a modified version of id's Tech 4 engine, which is the same engine that powered Doom 3, Quake 4, Prey, Quake Wars, etc. Performance should be great on most modern-day PCs. I think that's something most folks forget when games don't have outrageously-good graphics. Even if they won't be the best out there, the game will almost surely perform better as a result and can still look good when making use of certain special effects and art styles.

EDIT - I also checked and found this information about some of the changes they've made, which explains why this game looks better than the older ones I mentioned: "The engine has a new lightning technique called "Deferred Shading" that allows for many dynamic lights in the same area, allowing for more than 90 dynamic lights in the scene, far more than either the Doom 3 engine allowed. Thanks to this lightning system, the shadows are now soft-shadow volumes, without hard edges in the shadows and a completely new Particle system." Yummy! Soft shadows for the win! I just hope those new techniques won't hurt performance too badly.

I can hardly wait for this game. When is it coming out?
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 THA-TODD-BEAST

[QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

[QUOTE="chandu83"]Think about it. There is no reason to even doubt if this game will run at highest or not. Most of the gaming PCs today should be able to handle it at highest. I thought Quake 4 was amazing at Ultra settings. So here is to hoping Wolfenstein is going to be a fantastic game. chandu83

August 4.

Less than two months away!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="chandu83"][QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

THA-TODD-BEAST

August 4.

Less than two months away!

Damn! I didnt relize it was coming out this soon!

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

I love RTCW + ET. it was acually one of the more well rounded titles released in this decade, with exciting SP and top notched MP. I want to see how Raven is gonna top that.

on the other hand, i find the lack of gameplay footage worrying. i mean, it'll be released in what? 2 months? and we know almost next to nothing about it. bad marketing almost always equals bad quality, in my experience....

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

If there is great class based multiplayer combat like the other games, I definitely want in on this.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kozzy1234

If there is great class based multiplayer combat like the other games, I definitely want in on this.

Sharpie125

I agree, this could be the one online game that gets me off of TF2 a little bit.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

RTCW was a great game and so will the new Wolfenstein. I wonder though if there ever will be a new Enemy Territory. Quake Wars is crap imo.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

To be honest it seems its going to be a console first, PC last kinda game. Which sucks because it's Wolfenstein.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

How does it seems like a console first game? To me it looks like a normal fps game. You cant use the graphics argument becouse the game uses the tech4 engine not becouse its limited by console. id did not give their new engine to the Wolfenstein developer thats why it looks the way it does.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Yup. I am very excited for it. The Veil looks really nice and, well, I just trust Raven, but I'm more interested in their other game, Singularity. Looks absolutely awesome.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chandu83
I did not know that the game is coming out in August. I am seriously hoping it would be good - knowing id software and Raven, there is not much reason for doubt.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

I'm pretty sure that it's gonna be a good game.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chandu83
Did anyone catch the new trailer? The game seems very interesting. There is a character that's an X-Men ripoff, but if its good, I don't care.
Begemott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Begemott
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
More excited about Rage. And some Doom 4.
Patatopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Patatopan
Member since 2008 • 1890 Posts

I'm freakin stoked for the game, I can't wait to get it. It's one of the only few games I'm looking forward to so far, and yes, I too believed that quake 4 was a bit underrated. Quake 4 is also the reason I'm looking forward to wolfenstein, raven is a good developer.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chandu83
My opinions are validated in this thread.
napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

I just hope there's no regenerating health

evilidiot45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 evilidiot45
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
well there probaly secrets and treasure and if u download wolfensstein3d for XBL you get points or something to the game theres a custumization option in the game ive herad of so probally pimp your gun or upgrade with will probally be good watch clip on web or 3d wolfrnstein
jfsebastianII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 jfsebastianII
Member since 2007 • 1084 Posts

i watched the E3 live demo for Wolfenstein and was a bit disappointed TBH - OK, it was only one section but it looked a bit dark and as though the sci-fi fantasy/elements had completely subsumed the WW2 elements - also looked like they were trying to incorporate elements of Bioshock's plasmids etc

ao although i loved RTCW, i'm not so enthiusiastic about the new game now, though will keep an eye on it

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
I would love an Enemy Territory remake, it's my favourite game of all time. Anyone know if this will happen?
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#35 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

What are your thoughts?

chandu83

Definitely picking this one up, I love the id tech 4 engine and I know it will run and look good (unlike that crappy UE3).

funked_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 funked_up
Member since 2009 • 716 Posts
I'm sure getting it, RTCW is one of the best shooters ever made.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chandu83
I am happy to know that RTCW is not forgotten.
nikola96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 nikola96
Member since 2008 • 836 Posts

It wil be awesome (I think)

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chandu83
That screenshot brings memories. I want to replay RTCW one of these days but for now, I am quite immersed in STALKER.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

I'm sure getting it, RTCW is one of the best shooters ever made.funked_up

I agree, RTCW was a superb game online as well as offline. The singleplayer of Wolfenstein looks quite good but I would like to know about the multiplayer part of it.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I am still interested in the game. But like others said, lack of gameplay footage is worrying.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chandu83
I am still interested in the game. But like others said, lack of gameplay footage is worrying. the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Its not so much worrying as it is annoying. I don't think there is anything they can mess up really. Its a shooter, how bad can it be? I mean these are the guys who made SoF and Quake 4. Personally, even if this game is a remake of those, I would still be happy.
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
You could have weak sounding guns, ugly textures, stiff animations, bad lighting, clunky interface...the list could go on and on but I won't try to be so pessimistic :P
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
I loved RTCW and this one looks like the gunplay could be great fun. I'm a bit worried, though, that FPS gaming has moved too far away from corridor shooters for this to be anywhere near as popular as it would have been 5 years ago. Personally, no matter what the reviews say when it hits the shelves, I'm going to give the game a fair play through out of respect for Id.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chandu83
You could have weak sounding guns, ugly textures, stiff animations, bad lighting, clunky interface...the list could go on and on but I won't try to be so pessimistic :Pthe_ChEeSe_mAn2

That is true of course. But we are talking about the guys who gave us Quake 4! Reputation has to mean something.
I loved RTCW and this one looks like the gunplay could be great fun. I'm a bit worried, though, that FPS gaming has moved too far away from corridor shooters for this to be anywhere near as popular as it would have been 5 years ago. Personally, no matter what the reviews say when it hits the shelves, I'm going to give the game a fair play through out of respect for Id. jimmyjammer69

That's very well put. Out of respect for the series, I will try this game. I am hoping it will not be a complete corridor shooter and even if it, I hope its fun.
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Didn't Raven Software make the game while ID just provided assistance?
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Hopefully this Wolf reaches RTCW greatness, even if it gets a dab of it in the new one its an instant win.

But other than that i haven't seen people hating this game that much, but i for one am looking foward to it greatly.

artistry_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 artistry_
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

Totally excited by both offerings coming from Raven this year (Wolfenstein, Singularity) .. thankfully I will get my Wolfenstein fix first though .. which I am most excited about !! :D

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
Didn't Raven Software make the game while ID just provided assistance?the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Yes, just like Quake 4 was IIRC. Which wasn't the best idea because ID did quake better than raven , and raven's didn't come out the same
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
Quake 4 had one of the most underated single player experiences of any game in recent years. MP is a different story of course.