New rig - performance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tftsjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tftsjw
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

Hi everyone! i just wanted to see some opinions on how people think this computer will fare with the top of the line games.

so how is it?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 dual core proccessor (2.40Ghz, 4mb cache, 1066Mhz)

1000W PSU

6600 GTS graphics card

2048mb ram (2x 1024)

320GB serial ATA hard drive (16mb cache)

22" monitor TFT with 5ms respone

is anything there bottlenecked?

and how will the system perform on games like oblivion with  1600x1200 resolution and anti aliasing effect? will it maintain a decent framerate?

Thanks in advance :P

Avatar image for Generalkill8888
Generalkill8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Generalkill8888
Member since 2004 • 5305 Posts

Hi everyone! i just wanted to see some opinions on how people think this computer will fare with the top of the line games.

so how is it?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 dual core proccessor (2.40Ghz, 4mb cache, 1066Mhz)

1000W PSU

6600 GTS graphics card

2048mb ram (2x 1024)

320GB serial ATA hard drive (16mb cache)

22" monitor TFT with 5ms respone

is anything there bottlenecked?

and how will the system perform on games like oblivion with 1600x1200 resolution and anti aliasing effect? will it maintain a decent framerate?

Thanks in advance :P

tftsjw

I hope that 6600GTS is a typo. It will perform great, if you mean 8800GTS for the GPU.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts
Yeh I'm hoping it's a typo too... because that's a phat system for such a poor gfx card otherwise lol.  That means, you won't be playing top of the line games on anything other than low.
tftsjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tftsjw

oh jesus that was a massive mistake :D

heres what i meant :

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS

tftsjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tftsjw

Oh and also can it run oblivion on 1600x1200 on max setting with decent framerates then?

Ive just recently been learning about computer specs and stuff so forgive me if I am asking pretty straightforward questions

Avatar image for Generalkill8888
Generalkill8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Generalkill8888
Member since 2004 • 5305 Posts

Oh and also can it run oblivion on 1600x1200 on max setting with decent framerates then?

Ive just recently been learning about computer specs and stuff so forgive me if I am asking pretty straightforward questions

tftsjw
You will probably get 20 fps AVG. Because I get around 30-40 FPS with everything max in towns and stuff. So you might have to turn down AA to 2x.
tftsjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tftsjw

ah ok cool thanks

so this will be the case for most games im assuming then? I mean games that use high powered graphics

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Oblivion for the PC is a really big system hog apparently and a lot of great PC's struggle to get the decent framerates, most other games should be excellent.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raynimrod
It IS an 8800GTS??? Phew thank god for that *Wipes sweat from forhead*
You'll be fine running most games on max with decent fram rates.  If you lower your screen res a little bit, you'll be able to get a bit more out of Oblivion.  I'd suggest when you have some extra cash, sell your GTS and grab a GTX.  The improvements in performance are definately worth it.  Just my opinion ^^
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
It IS an 8800GTS??? Phew thank god for that *Wipes sweat from forhead*
You'll be fine running most games on max with decent fram rates. If you lower your screen res a little bit, you'll be able to get a bit more out of Oblivion. I'd suggest when you have some extra cash, sell your GTS and grab a GTX. The improvements in performance are definately worth it. Just my opinion ^^raynimrod
He can just spend some money on good cooling and OC it to something like mine which is comparable to a stock GTX.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 raynimrod
[QUOTE="raynimrod"]It IS an 8800GTS??? Phew thank god for that *Wipes sweat from forhead*
You'll be fine running most games on max with decent fram rates. If you lower your screen res a little bit, you'll be able to get a bit more out of Oblivion. I'd suggest when you have some extra cash, sell your GTS and grab a GTX. The improvements in performance are definately worth it. Just my opinion ^^ElectricNZ
He can just spend some money on good cooling and OC it to something like mine which is comparable to a stock GTX.

He could do that, it's comparible but not quite up to par.  He could do what i said and then OC his GTX :P... that's what im doing as of tomorrow evening (ocing gtx).  All up to him of course :)
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 KSlater85
Member since 2003 • 19738 Posts
[QUOTE="tftsjw"]

Generalkill8888
You will probably get 20 fps AVG. Because I get around 30-40 FPS with everything max in towns and stuff. So you might have to turn down AA to 2x.

Hm.. I am sure I get better then that... oh wait nevermind... Must be the CPU... Or the motherboard :P.. Lol. I don't have it installed now as I just formatted Vista (yeah I know it's too new to be formatting that os...)