New Pc build Help - Limited Budget

This topic is locked from further discussion.

doomspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doomspam
Member since 2010 • 1352 Posts

I want to get back into gaming and would like a new pc to be able to play games at 1080p on normal settings. i dont need a system that can max all games out with 100fps. i have about $300 to spend on the components in the tower. my problem is i have an imac with a i5 2400s in it but the gpu is lacking, thats why i need a gaming build. Could i take out the cpu in the imac and use that towards the new build? if i cant i an willing to use a slower cpu and add a decent gpu to play the games. i really like the monitor it has too but i dont think i could use that. if im wrong please let me know.

i already have these components on hand os, monitor, kb+mouse, hard drive, disk reader, sound system.

i was out of the scene for years. thank you for taking your time to help someone out.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Can't do that with 300$

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@doomspam said:

I want to get back into gaming and would like a new pc to be able to play games at 1080p on normal settings. i dont need a system that can max all games out with 100fps. i have about $300 to spend on the components in the tower. my problem is i have an imac with a i5 2400s in it but the gpu is lacking, thats why i need a gaming build. Could i take out the cpu in the imac and use that towards the new build? if i cant i an willing to use a slower cpu and add a decent gpu to play the games. i really like the monitor it has too but i dont think i could use that. if im wrong please let me know.

i already have these components on hand, monitor, kb+mouse, hard drive, disk reader, sound system.

i was out of the scene for years. thank you for taking your time to help someone out.

No, you cannot remove the i5 CPU on your iMac and install in on PC.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8rc7qs enjoy

doomspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 doomspam
Member since 2010 • 1352 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@doomspam said:

i already have these components on hand, monitor, kb+mouse, hard drive, disk reader, sound system.

No, you cannot remove the i5 CPU on your iMac and install in on PC.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8rc7qs enjoy

bought and thanks