This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
Doesn't look like a whole lot of people are interested. http://nw.perfectworld.com/http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RbR-zPfH1Qo
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I'm more interested in Elder Scrolls Online, and this coming from a guy who doesn't like the Elder Scroll Games.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jebus213
I'm more interested in Elder Scrolls Online, and this coming from a guy who doesn't like the Elder Scroll Games.FelipeInside
No fetch quests and we'll be alright.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jebus213
Is the Elder Scrolls Online going to have a monthly subscription? If so, hell no. That sh!t isn't worth it anymore.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Is the Elder Scrolls Online going to have a monthly subscription? If so, hell no. That sh!t isn't worth it anymore.Jebus213
We don't know yet. I don't mind paying a monthly subscription if the MMO is worth it, but it is a dying model that only the WoW Beast can maintain. Free 2 Play with MicroTransactions is the way MMOs will go, but that can also cause problems, like Pay2Win. I would rather everyone pay a sub and be on equal gameplay levels than the guy with the most money to spend come always on top. It's a delicate line that needs to be implemented correctly. As for fetch quests, there will ALWAYS be fetch quests in MMOs. Why? Cause even old RPGs had fetch quests, it's just the way it's always been, but they are improving on "disguising" them better, like TSW and GW2 does very well.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I'm looking forward to it, if only because it has the potential to be another good D&D game. How good the game is all depends on how Perfect world handles the F2P model and how the game itself plays in groups.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
bla...
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jebus213
bla... k2theswiss
no u
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

I'm looking forward to it, if only because it has the potential to be another good D&D game. How good the game is all depends on how Perfect world handles the F2P model and how the game itself plays in groups.

Whiteblade999

Chaos Chronicles is the game coming out for d&d fans. This will just be another sh**y action RPG #756457848548548564849764

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

bussinrounds

Chaos Chronicles is the game coming out for d&d fans. This will just be another sh**y action RPG #756457848548548564849764

So is chaos chronicles generic RPG #1351353523542624612345613613613613613613?
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

Jebus213

So is chaos chronicles generic RPG #1351353523542624612345613613613613613613?

Ugh, there's only been a handful of tactical turn based d&d rpgs. And if you want to talk about recently, there's been ONE (Knights of the Chalice) since Temple of Elemental Evil (2003). Try again.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

This doesn't appear to be my kind of game at all, so I think I'll pass. The combat in those videos gave me some really bad DA:2 flashbacks, which is never a good thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6243ee9902175

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

bussinrounds

Just checked up on Chaos Chronicles, how did I miss this?!? If the game is half as good as it looks that will be an easy game of the year for me :P.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Chaos Chronicles looks great, definitely looking forward to it. Also, what bussinrounds said :)

Regarding Neverwinter so far really hasn't done anything for me yet. Look ok I guess.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bussinrounds

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

Whiteblade999

Just checked up on Chaos Chronicles, how did I miss this?!? If the game is half as good as it looks that will be an easy game of the year for me :P.

Yea, CC really came out of nowhere and quickly shot up to my most anticipated game. Hey, at least this thread was good for something as it brought CC to your (and hopefully others) attention.

www.youtube.com/watch

"Neverwinter is truly a D&D game"

"Classic monsters straight out of the Monster Manual..." With 100,000 hit points

UNSTOPPABLE !!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I remember when I was introduced to dungeons and dragons with Baldur's Gate (yes I am quite young). To me Dungeons and Dragons was never about big numbers or action combat. It was about planning and preparing (both equipment and spells included, mages are more fun than sorcs for this reason) and trying to make the most I can with the strengths and weaknesses of my party.

This game has as much to do with my perception of Dungeons and Dragons as Skyrim has to do with good game design.

Yea, CC really came out of nowhere and quickly shot up to my most anticipated game. Hey, at least this thread was good for something as it brought CC to your (and hopefully others) attention.

www.youtube.com/watch

"Neverwinter is truly a D&D game"

"Classic monsters straight out of the Monster Manual..." With 100,000 hit points

UNSTOPPABLE !!

bussinrounds

Gotta love one of the comments in that video.

"4th edition is not D&D. 4th ed was a rip off of wow/video games dumbing down the table top game. Now they took the system from video's games...made it a table top rule set...now they used that to make it an mmo...so in essence it is just a generic mmo. This is why pathfinder is stealing all your business"

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

bussinrounds

Wow first time i see CC game, when it comes out ? Looks amazing finaly i will get some strategy game in 2013,Activision and EA really spammed and dumbed Gaming Market so games like this is reallz easy to miss us.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jebus213
tactical turn based d&d rpgsbussinrounds
Action RPG SP or MMO>>>>
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bussinrounds

Wow first time i see CC game, when it comes out ? Looks amazing finaly i will get some strategy game in 2013,Activision and EA really spammed and dumbed Gaming Market so games like this is reallz easy to miss us.

Whiteblade999

CC comes out this year some time AND it's not even a kickstarter game. It's being funded by the Bavarian State Chancellery and the FernsehFonds Bayern.

Here's a good CC thread in which 2 devs are active and chiming in on the game, btw.

www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maroxad

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]tactical turn based d&d rpgsJebus213
Action RPG SP or MMO>>>>

Themepark MMORPGs outside combat=Weaksauce quests, boring spells and abilities, grind, boring itemization, and an overly segmented world
MMORPG combat=Timer Management Simulator
Action RPG combat=Poor man's action game pretending to be an RPG

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="bussinrounds"]tactical turn based d&d rpgsMaroxad

Action RPG SP or MMO>>>>

MMO combat=Timer Management Simulator
Action combat=Poor man's action game pretending to be an RPG

But really guys, what's wrong with having so many choices and genres? I think it's great that these days when you say RPG, it's not like the old days where it only meant D&D which meant a learning curve and time dedication. Today, RPGs can range from MMOs (WoW and the like), to classic D&D(Baldurs Gate or sort of Dragon Age), to Action RPGs(Fable), to Cinematic RPGs (Mass Effect). It's awesome that you have choices and not every RPG requires you to dedicate ur entire week to get through it.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] Action RPG SP or MMO>>>>FelipeInside

But really guys, what's wrong with having so many choices and genres? I think it's great that these days when you say RPG, it's not like the old days where it only meant D&D which meant a learning curve and time dedication. Today, RPGs can range from MMOs (WoW and the like), to classic D&D(Baldurs Gate or sort of Dragon Age), to Action RPGs(Fable), to Cinematic RPGs (Mass Effect). It's awesome that you have choices and not every RPG requires you to dedicate ur entire week to get through it.

The problem is that the number of Unpunishing, Press X to Win, Sinematic, Casual "RPG"s with half baked mechanics imported straight from MMO-land and actionistan far outnumber the number of RPGs like Chaos Chronicles.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

The problem is that the number of Unpunishing, Press X to Win, Sinematic, Casual "RPG"s with half baked mechanics imported straight from MMO-land and actionistan far outnumber the number of RPGs like Chaos Chronicles.

Well of course, because an action RPG is a lot easier and cost-effective (cost against selling point) to create than a traditional longer RPG. These days it's actually a risk to create a classic D&D RPG, because gamers have changed. These days there are so many games out x week that most gamers move on pretty quickly from one to the next, and don't have the time to dedicate to a full blown RPG, hence the shorter easier to get into Action RPGs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6243ee9902175

Well of course, because an action RPG is a lot easier and cost-effective (cost against selling point) to create than a traditional longer RPG. These days it's actually a risk to create a classic D&D RPG, because gamers have changed. These days there are so many games out x week that most gamers move on pretty quickly from one to the next, and don't have the time to dedicate to a full blown RPG, hence the shorter easier to get into Action RPGs.FelipeInside

Not always true, the D&D RPG market is still there and is untapped except for Knights of the Chalice. If this game is a good translation of the rules to a game and is decent length it won't really be a risk considering the market is there and the game has an indie budget.

There are also a lot of gamers like me who purposely don't buy a lot of new games because I like to make sure that anything I play is something I'll actually enjoy. There are a lot of purchases of games from 2012 in my catalog, but its like 0-2 games a month, where most of them are short singleplayer games that are finished in a couple of sittings.Its a bit silly to play like 3 MMOs or like 5 multiplayer games if your time is strained by other games anyways.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Well of course, because an action RPG is a lot easier and cost-effective (cost against selling point) to create than a traditional longer RPG. These days it's actually a risk to create a classic D&D RPG, because gamers have changed. These days there are so many games out x week that most gamers move on pretty quickly from one to the next, and don't have the time to dedicate to a full blown RPG, hence the shorter easier to get into Action RPGs.Whiteblade999

Not always true, the D&D RPG market is still there and is untapped except for Knights of the Chalice. If this game is a good translation of the rules to a game and is decent length it won't really be a risk considering the market is there and the game has an indie budget.

There are also a lot of gamers like me who purposely don't buy a lot of new games because I like to make sure that anything I play is something I'll actually enjoy. There are a lot of purchases of games from 2012 in my catalog, but its like 0-2 games a month, where most of them are short singleplayer games that are finished in a couple of sittings.Its a bit silly to play like 3 MMOs or like 5 multiplayer games if your time is strained by other games anyways.

You said so yourself, the market is still there but it isn't what it used to be. Yes, there are people like you that still love the classic long RPG, but unfortunately you are in the minority. Most gamers these days want quick gaming, action packed, cinematic and that doesn't take 6 months to complete. I'm not saying people won't buy these games, just that for a company the more popular genres are always safer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6243ee9902175

You said so yourself, the market is still there but it isn't what it used to be. Yes, there are people like you that still love the classic long RPG, but unfortunately you are in the minority. Most gamers these days want quick gaming, action packed, cinematic and that doesn't take 6 months to complete. I'm not saying people won't buy these games, just that for a company the more popular genres are always safer.FelipeInside

Do they though? Whenever I hear talk about Call of Duty or Battlefield its always about the multiplayer and not the interactive movie singleplayer.In fact, Homefront focused on the singleplayer in a Call of Duty fashion and look at how that game ended up.

And to clarify, I focused soley on the bolded part in your previous post. I just don't see CC being a risk to make when the market is there, the budget is small enough that its easy to make back development costs in sale, and the fact that its the first game of its kind in 4 years at least will pretty much gurantee it being a hit unless they really screw something up. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that the last point is the reason that Legends of Grimrock sold so well.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside
Grimrock sold well cause it's the only one of it's kind made like that. I said these games would sell, but not like they used to. If classic RPG was as successful as back in the day, every company would be bringing one out. The fashion for RPG right now is MMO, and cinematic action RPG. Like it or not, that's where the money is currently.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad

Grimrock sold well cause it's the only one of it's kind made like that. I said these games would sell, but not like they used to. If classic RPG was as successful as back in the day, every company would be bringing one out. The fashion for RPG right now is MMO, and cinematic action RPG. Like it or not, that's where the money is currently.FelipeInside

And this is why I decided to write off the CRPG genre. Going as far as to even prefer jRPGs over cRPGs. Of course, that changed when Bussinrounds showed me that list of promising upcoming RPGs. But my future in the cRPG genre is not in the AAA industry, it is in the niche, indie market.

Cinematic gaming is in my opinion by far the worst thing to happen gaming. In fact, I dont see the point of trying to make this overly complex (and more intrusive) stories that just get in the way of gameplay and have less depth than Michael Bay's latest action flick.

I dont see the point of action RPGs either. Unless it has Mount&Blade in the title, ends with Souls, or is called NoX, I havent played a single action "RPG" with combat I enjoyed. Thing is, action gets in the way of roleplaying, and roleplaying elements get in the way of finely tuned action combat.

Also, Dragon Age Origins had more in common with WoW than D&D.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Of course I'll be playing this. Forgotten Realms is by far my favorite in the D&D universe.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

It's being funded by the Bavarian State Chancellery and the FernsehFonds Bayern. bussinrounds

Easy for you to say.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

I'm looking forward to it, if only because it has the potential to be another good D&D game. How good the game is all depends on how Perfect world handles the F2P modeland how the game itself plays in groups.

Whiteblade999

yeah you can forget about it being handled well.

Champions Online does everything it can to make Free to play users underpowered and near useless

G1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 G1225
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I got an neverwinter closed beta key with an exclusive mount,skype me at Gaby200412. :)
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts
Should have made it an SP and got on with it. It's going to fail or be shoved into the niche Eve online domain. Too bad..I like DD.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i'll give it a shot when it launches, but i'm not expecting much.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
An MMORPG? Mehhh...
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I think this game has a chance to do well. There don't seem to be a lot of big MMOs coming out this year other than Elder Scrolls Online. If Neverwinter can capture some of the magic that League of Legends has, it might do well. It looks like it will be similar to hack n slash, with the goals to complete dungeons to get better loot. Player-created dungeons can keep the content flowing while the devs sell outfits and other cosmetic stuff for players' characters.

Evenios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Evenios
Member since 2005 • 1615 Posts

yeah well i think it is going to be a pretty cool game with the foundry content and all. I just wish more people were interested in it. and Gamespot would report more on it.  they didnt even bother to share  about the beta and founders packs!