Need a new underrated game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MEOWWW123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MEOWWW123
Member since 2008 • 870 Posts

Anyone play any under the radar games with a story that'll tug at the heart strings. Just played dishonored and thought it was dope. Any genres other than platformer or puzzles good.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I think Child of Light is good, if you love FF combat style.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Legend of Grimrock

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Antichamber.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Dishonored was underrated?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

@caseystryker said:

More like overrated. I hated it.

I'm playing Saints Row 4 right now, its tons of fun, now that is an underrated game, same goes with Saints Row 3. Complete freedom in these games to do anything. Can't believe this site gave it 7.5 out of 10, its better then any GTA game.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Poker Night at the Inventory.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

Big Black Box at the Night Club

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Freelancer and Alan Wake . Must play . If you haven't played any of these games , you are missing out a lot .

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I can't believe no one here has mentioned Spec Ops: The Line? Seriously TC I'd buy it for you it's that underrated, the story is mind-blowing and pulls at the heart strings depending on your choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts
@BattleSpectre said:

I can't believe no one here has mentioned Spec Ops: The Line? Seriously TC I'd buy it for you it's that underrated, the story is mind-blowing and pulls at the heart strings depending on your choices.

what is this Spec Ops you speak of? guess i gotta check it out.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BattleSpectre

@groowagon said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Now let me warn you - at first it just looks like a standard 3rd person shooter, but under it's surface it is much more than that. Just you wait and see you'll know exactly what I mean. I've yet to meet someone who's finished the game and did not like it.

Sure it's $30 on Steam at the moment, I actually got it from a Holiday Steam sale a while ago for a few bucks but even at 30 I say it's still worth it. Trust me on this one, you haven't played a shooter like this before in your entire life. Gameplay gets a bit repetitive but don't let that stop you, the story is amazing and the choices you make in the game really test you.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/50300/

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@groowagon said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Now let me warn you - at first it just looks like a standard 3rd person shooter, but under it's surface it is much more than that. Just you wait and see you'll know exactly what I mean. I've yet to meet someone who's finished the game and did not like it.

Sure it's $30 on Steam at the moment, I actually got it from a Holiday Steam sale a while ago for a few bucks but even at 30 I say it's still worth it. Trust me on this one, you haven't played a shooter like this before in your entire life. Gameplay gets a bit repetitive but don't let that stop you, the story is amazing and the choices you make in the game really test you.

i'm intrigued. don't worry, i have my ways of finding Steam games for the sale prices even after the sale has ended :)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BattleSpectre

@groowagon said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@groowagon said:
@BattleSpectre said:

i'm intrigued. don't worry, i have my ways of finding Steam games for the sale prices even after the sale has ended :)

Then you have no excuse my friend, haha. You'd be doing yourself the biggest mistake in your gaming life by passing up this superbly made game.

MEOWWW123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MEOWWW123
Member since 2008 • 870 Posts

Thanks a lot guys

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

you want a story that tugs at your heart strings.. then to the moon is the game for you.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@Old_Gooseberry said:

@caseystryker said:

More like overrated. I hated it.

I'm playing Saints Row 4 right now, its tons of fun, now that is an underrated game, same goes with Saints Row 3. Complete freedom in these games to do anything. Can't believe this site gave it 7.5 out of 10, its better then any GTA game.

Drugs r bad mkay

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Give the new Thief a go if you like Dishonored.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#19 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@groowagon said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@groowagon said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Then you have no excuse my friend, haha. You'd be doing yourself the biggest mistake in your gaming life by passing up this superbly made game.

Totally agree , man . Spec Ops : The Line is truly an amazing game . Great story . Lot of hidden messages throughout the game that you won't even notice but it'll test your mind . Devs revealed that later in interview and my mind was blown .

quakke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20  Edited By quakke
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

Timeshift (2007). Way better time manipulating possibilities than in Activision's ripoff (Singularity) of Timeshift.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect

Although it's only going to tug at your heartstrings if you're old enough to remember when this was cutting edge.

cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cluclap
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts

@BattleSpectre: yea spec ops the line is pretty tight, then you got bulletstorm, warhammer space marine, a new game that wasnt a huge title but still really good was outlast. i dont even remember seeing a commercial for it. uhm... i know u said no platformers or puzzle games and u may want a new title but i played a really good game called grim fandango like last week and beat it didnt even know it existed until a few years ago but it came out in '98 phew i was only 6 then