Need a good pc case and motherboard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

My friends. The APG thingy for my 3d card has fucked. The pc needs to sit on it's side from the 3d card to work properly (due to the weight holding it down on the pins). So, alas. A new motherboard is in order and a new case with it, since the current one looks like it has survived a nuclear winter.

The current motherboard is a Asus AMD something or another. It supports ATX/AMDX2/13gb. Looking for a reasonable replacement price under £100 (pounds not dollars) for both the motherboard and case.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

what is your cpu ? If you have a Cpu that is supported by AM3+ motherboards then getting an AM3+ mobo for 100 will also give you a nice upgrade path and there are alot of good AM3+ mobos even under $100

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Thank yo for the help my friend, I managed to get a £12 microcase and microATX board for £50. All is well. Hopefully nothing will go horribly wrong.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

If you managed to get Mobo for 50 , you could get some good Antec/Corsair case for another 50 - that is if you aim to game and the need to cool your rig properly with good ventilation