My new FIRST PC Build

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

Hello, I would like your opinions or "second set of eyes" on my first custom built pc. I currently own NOTHING and have ZERO building ability. Its main purpose is to play LoL, SC2, Diablo 3, and SWTOR All on ultra settings with a nice practical option to futureproof the system. MY BUDGET IS 1600$ Including a monitor, keyboard, windows 7, tax....

Intel i7 4790k processor

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO DDR3 2600 Motherboard

EVGA Supernova 1000w modular gold psu (dual graphics card ready)

EVGA Geforce GTX760 2gb gddr5 videocard

Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid cooling system

Corsair Vengance Pro 8GB DDR3 2400mhz ram (expandable to 32gb)

Samsung 840 250gb SSD

WD 1tb hdd @72000rpm

LG 23" 1080p LED monitor

Corsair Graphite Black 230T Mid-Tower (3 fans built in)

Poseidon Z keyboard

Razer DeathAdder Mouse

The Total Spent, after tax, build, windows install etc. $1650

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

You'd be spending more on your CPU than on your GPU. Thats a common mistake. (Unless you're planning to use this PC for CPU intensive tasks that isn't just gaming). Pick instead the latest i5 and get a better GPU. Also your PSU is waaaay overkill, unless you plan to go 3 way SLI. For example I got HX750w in case I want to SLI my 770, which is itself more power hungry than a 760. And your motherboad cant handle a 3 way SLI anyway, because it's limited to 2-way SLI. Also you could probably go for a cheaper motherboard, unless you really need all the extra features.

Avatar image for hypanovapenguin
hypanovapenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 hypanovapenguin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi CrazyIvanIV, as a general rule you should look to spend double the about on your GPU than you do on your CPU - you could of course just drop in another GTX760 later through SLI, buy I would personally look to increase the budget now on the GPU..

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

You dont need a 1000w psu

CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys... The reason Why I went with a more powerful cpu is because it was actually more cost effective to buy the cpu with the mobo bundled together at my local store, I was able to get both for 500.

My plan is to MOST DEFINATELY upgrade to either 2 GTX 760s and ultimately 2 770s over the course of two years or so. With that said I definately wanted to make it as effortless as possible when I do this. When I was picking out the PSU I wanted to keep in mind that ultimately I will be definately running two cards by christmas :)

One feature on the motherboard I kinda like is that it has these red LED lights that when my pc is on, makes me feel like god.

Would you reccomend that I spend 70 more dollars and upgrade to a GTX 770 with 4gb ?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@CrazyIvanIV said:

Hello, I would like your opinions or "second set of eyes" on my first custom built pc. I currently own NOTHING and have ZERO building ability. Its main purpose is to play LoL, SC2, Diablo 3, and SWTOR All on ultra settings with a nice practical option to futureproof the system. MY BUDGET IS 1600$ Including a monitor, keyboard, windows 7, tax....

Intel i7 4790k processor

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO DDR3 2600 Motherboard

EVGA Supernova 1000w modular gold psu (dual graphics card ready)

EVGA Geforce GTX760 2gb gddr5 videocard

Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid cooling system

Corsair Vengance Pro 8GB DDR3 2400mhz ram (expandable to 32gb)

Samsung 840 250gb SSD

WD 1tb hdd @72000rpm

LG 23" 1080p LED monitor

Corsair Graphite Black 230T Mid-Tower (3 fans built in)

Poseidon Z keyboard

Razer DeathAdder Mouse

The Total Spent, after tax, build, windows install etc. $1650

You can go with 850Watts PSU, i5 4690K and no need for such pricy MOBO unless you're into benchmarking.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@CrazyIvanIV said:

Thanks for the advice guys... The reason Why I went with a more powerful cpu is because it was actually more cost effective to buy the cpu with the mobo bundled together at my local store, I was able to get both for 500.

My plan is to MOST DEFINATELY upgrade to either 2 GTX 760s and ultimately 2 770s over the course of two years or so. With that said I definately wanted to make it as effortless as possible when I do this. When I was picking out the PSU I wanted to keep in mind that ultimately I will be definately running two cards by christmas :)

One feature on the motherboard I kinda like is that it has these red LED lights that when my pc is on, makes me feel like god.

Would you reccomend that I spend 70 more dollars and upgrade to a GTX 770 with 4gb ?

In 2 years the 2x770 or 2x760 setup would be destroyed by a single GPU.

Tee only reason to go for SLI is always if you have money and there isn't a single GPU to satisfy you, then go for SLI.

Buy a single card you want, then if you plan to upgrade in 2 years or more, you will buy then the GTX960 or maybe even GTX1060...