My Motherboard Shows POST code FF? [Problem Solved]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Taiko88 (1854 posts) -

EVGA nForce 780i, on the little LED light it says FF, what does that mean? In the manual it says BOOT, is that bad or good or normal? Everything runs fine, no problems, nothing is wrong. So I'm wondering what does it mean. Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by Sam_Fisher_932 (1148 posts) -
Well, considering that everything is running fine, it might be the "everything's ok" indicator. But don't take my word for it, I may easily be wrong. Maybe you should use google just to be on the safe side.
#3 Posted by Taiko88 (1854 posts) -

Well, considering that everything is running fine, it might be the "everything's ok" indicator. But don't take my word for it, I may easily be wrong. Maybe you should use google just to be on the safe side.Sam_Fisher_932

I have some say it is OK some say it is bad....for me everything is running, the BIOS beeps at startup, nothing is bad. I'm just wondering.

#4 Posted by AwA-soldier (199 posts) -

If it's running fine it is fine but, If ur pc is not starting up good and it give u ff or 00 then u have to check the functionality of the cpu.

#5 Posted by Taiko88 (1854 posts) -

If it's running fine it is fine but, If ur pc is not starting up good and it give u ff or 00 then u have to check the functionality of the cpu.

AwA-soldier

Everything starts up perfectly. No problems whatsoever, windows vista loads up in 15 seconds.

#6 Posted by ch5richards (2912 posts) -
That was the "all good" code on the 680i, so it probably means the same thing.
#7 Posted by AwA-soldier (199 posts) -
[QUOTE="AwA-soldier"]

Taiko88

Everything starts up perfectly. No problems whatsoever, windows vista loads up in 15 seconds.

well u shouldn't be worry

#8 Posted by Riki101 (2339 posts) -
ff= Fu***** Fine!
#9 Posted by viperkyle (1 posts) -
i was told FF on the evga 780i mean it started normally so you should be ok
#10 Posted by crippo_gamer (1164 posts) -
just keep an eye on your preformance do a little research and if you are really concerned give them a ring am sure they'll help you out
#11 Posted by dungcrawler (2 posts) -
FF = Fully Functional.