Must-have PC games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ydnarrewop (2137 posts) -

I've been neglecting my rig. I need to put down the console controllers for a bit lol. Any opinions on some games that are must-haves on PC? :)

#2 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

Just current gen? Or older ones too?

#3 Posted by Nohtnym (1552 posts) -

Team Fortress 2.

#4 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

it would help to know what you already have?

#5 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

it would help to know what you already have?

Masenkoe

Yes that would be helpful.

#6 Posted by JC_AEK4ever (365 posts) -

Any game that was made for the PC is a must-have.

FPS: Half-Life 2, Doom 3, F.E.A.R. (Not 2 and 3), Crysis (Not 2)

Strategy: Civilization 5, Shogun 2: Total War

Adventure: Syberia, Myst 3 and 4

#7 Posted by KHAndAnime (13613 posts) -
Max Payne 3 if you haven't already :P
#8 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, Max Payne 1, 2, 3, Doom 3, Crysis 1, STALKER, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Deus Ex, Thief Deadly Shadows, Hitman Blood Money, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 40k, Portal 1 and 2, Batman Arkham City, Mirror's Edge, Metro 2033, Civ 4, Hard Reset, Left 4 Dead 2.. Note: some are multi-platform games.
#9 Posted by Gladestone1 (5520 posts) -

What other games do you like??There are a ton of good games out here on the market.Whats your fav genre..

#10 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -
Just though I'd throw some F2P games out there --- -Quake Live (Quake 3 Arena in a browser, it's wonderful) -Tribes Ascend (only played at a friend's house due to my crap machine, but it's a lot of fun and has a pretty active community to boot) -Team Fortress 2 (nothing to say, it's a total riot) -Fortress Forever (Source total conversion mod, think TFC in the Source engine with some slight changes)* -Insurgency (semi-trying-to-be-realistic military shooter, Source total conversion mod, pretty active community, really promotes teamwork)* -Battle for Wesnoth (one of the older games in the open source movement, an INCREDIBLE turn-based fantasy strategy game, highly recommended, active multiplayer as well)* -Alien Arena (think a beefed up Unreal Tournament with sharper visuals and a smaller, but very friendly, community)* * = 100% free, there is nothing to pay for whatsoever That's all I've got for now, if you're looking to potentially save some cash and have a lot of fun. Good luck! :)
#11 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, Max Payne 1, 2, 3, Doom 3, Crysis 1, STALKER, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Deus Ex, Thief Deadly Shadows, Hitman Blood Money, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 40k, Portal 1 and 2, Batman Arkham City, Mirror's Edge, Metro 2033, Civ 4, Hard Reset, Left 4 Dead 2.. Note: some are multi-platform games.Elann2008
u forogt the stalker games wth is wrong with you?

#12 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, Max Payne 1, 2, 3, Doom 3, Crysis 1, STALKER, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Deus Ex, Thief Deadly Shadows, Hitman Blood Money, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 40k, Portal 1 and 2, Batman Arkham City, Mirror's Edge, Metro 2033, Civ 4, Hard Reset, Left 4 Dead 2.. Note: some are multi-platform games.ionusX

u forogt the stalker games wth is wrong with you?

NEVER.

aa

#13 Posted by Socijalisticka (1621 posts) -

Terrible artist general?

#14 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -
Honestly my current "Must Have" PC game is definitely Arma 2 Combined Operations. There's so much good content in that package that you absolutely can't go wrong. If you have any patience in your body then you'd be doing yourself a favor to get it and enjoy some Arma 2 online matches, some OA matches and especially some DayZ matches. Great games, excellent price, thus it's a Must Have! Hell even the singleplayer is a lot of fun (AND incredibly complex if you want to really dig into it).
#15 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4125 posts) -

Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, Max Payne 1, 2, 3, Doom 3, Crysis 1, STALKER, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Deus Ex, Thief Deadly Shadows, Hitman Blood Money, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 40k, Portal 1 and 2, Batman Arkham City, Mirror's Edge, Metro 2033, Civ 4, Hard Reset, Left 4 Dead 2.. Note: some are multi-platform games.Elann2008
I like this list, although it needs Command & Conquer: The First Decade. I would also put Sins of a Solar Empire on there.

#16 Posted by Malta_1980 (11242 posts) -

I'd suggest getting Starcraft2 & Battlefield 3...

#17 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16427 posts) -

I've been neglecting my rig. I need to put down the console controllers for a bit lol. Any opinions on some games that are must-haves on PC? :)

ydnarrewop

Get the Dawn of War games. They are 75% off on steam right now

also:

Max Payne 3 if you haven't already :PKHAndAnime

#18 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

Honestly my current "Must Have" PC game is definitely Arma 2 Combined Operations. There's so much good content in that package that you absolutely can't go wrong. If you have any patience in your body then you'd be doing yourself a favor to get it and enjoy some Arma 2 online matches, some OA matches and especially some DayZ matches. Great games, excellent price, thus it's a Must Have! Hell even the singleplayer is a lot of fun (AND incredibly complex if you want to really dig into it). jer_1
Listen to this hunk. Get it for Day Z though. Lots of fresh gameplay experiences to be had.

#19 Posted by creaturemagic (641 posts) -
All the Mount and Blade games!!!!
#20 Posted by KHAndAnime (13613 posts) -
All the Mount and Blade games!!!!creaturemagic
Hell yea! Mount & Blade Warband is a must own. GET IT!!!!
#21 Posted by ferrari2001 (16873 posts) -
I heard Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, is the greatest game ever created for the PC. I'd say get that one first.
#22 Posted by Cabose420 (2420 posts) -
must have pc games roller coaster tycoon age of empires 2 (not 3) team fortress 2 half life (everything) basically any Valve game also any Blizzard Game (WoW excluded) civilization (pick one) Total War (pick favorite historical era. protip: the best is Rome) Skyrim (if you've played on console, you haven't played skyrim) Battlefield and of course, the best game on pc, Final Fantasy XIV
#23 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

There are so many:

• Diablo 1/2/3
  • Doom 1/2/3
  • Half-Life 1/2
  • Quake 1/2/3/4
  • Starcraft 1/2
  • Team Fortress 2
  • World of Warcraft + expansions

These were the ones I could remember for being more known and hyped but there are many many more.