Most realistic racing games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BloodyAnalCrust
BloodyAnalCrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BloodyAnalCrust
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts
I'm sick of all these EA racing games...turning corners at 187mph. That's pure rubbish. I want something insanely realistic. I used to play Gran Turismo and Colin McRae nonstop, and they were badass, but there have probably been a lot of upgrades since then. So please, recommend only the toughest, most realistic games you've ever played (street or dirt). Thanks in advance
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Richard Burns Rally, GTR 2, GT Legends, Race 07, GTR Evolution, rFactor, Live for speed.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
Richard Burn Rally is probably the most realistic one I have played. I dunno...but with a wheel and peddle it's almost like you are actually driving a real car in that game. GTR2 comes pretty close though...
Aldouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Aldouz
Member since 2008 • 1206 Posts
Buy GRID... Play at at least medium difficulty, If you can finish a race without a scratch then you must be not in 1st position... This is the most realistic Racing games ever...
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Buy GRID... Play at at least medium difficulty, If you can finish a race without a scratch then you must be not in 1st position... This is the most realistic Racing games ever...Aldouz

ehh, no. Grid is not a sim at all, it's an arcade racer and a good one at that but certainly not a sim.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
Buy GRID... Play at at least medium difficulty, If you can finish a race without a scratch then you must be not in 1st position... This is the most realistic Racing games ever...Aldouz
GRiD doesn't even come close to being a realistic racing game...
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Grid is a great and challenging game but is by no means a sim As fort racing sims anything from simbin ->race 07,gtr 2, race the wtcc and the new game race on
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
iRacing
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

GTR2

WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
What's the best looking one out of the ones recommended?
BloodyAnalCrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BloodyAnalCrust

Richard Burns Rally, GTR 2, GT Legends, Race 07, GTR Evolution, rFactor, Live for speed.

dsgsdfgf

Thanks, everyone. I'm gonna' check out all of these games. Which one is the most addicting? Do all of these allow you to upgrade your vehicle as you gain money? Also, which ones contain the widest variety of street cars? (as opposed to pro racers & concept cars)

thanks

rapmaniac_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rapmaniac_13
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
rac e driver grid really good game
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts

[QUOTE="dsgsdfgf"]

BloodyAnalCrust

Thanks, everyone. I'm gonna' check out all of these games. Which one is the most addicting? Do all of these allow you to upgrade your vehicle as you gain money? Also, which ones contain the widest variety of street cars? (as opposed to pro racers & concept cars)

thanks

None of those games involve street racing or have "upgrades". They are racing simulations. They do allow car tuning much as the real cars can be tuned for things like tire pressure, camber, gear ratios, etc. But you don't change/buy parts for the cars. Of the games above, that involve the closest to stock cars (not to be confused with the joke that is NASCAR), the touring cars in the WTCCs from the Race07 series are the most like their production counterparts.

Do note that any game involving the British Touring Car Championship is likely to be more exciting than any of the supposed great crashing games like the "Burnout" series.

Or for some lighter racing involving touring car drivers try this.

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts

I dont any games for PC in the racing genre, but maybe consider GTR4, Forza 2 for the XBOX or Gran Turismo for the PS3 maybe

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

GTR2 is the most realistic racing game ever made. it's also probably the most difficult and unforgiving racing game ever made. i love it, but i can imagine why many wouldn't.

if you're looking for a PC equivalent of Gran Turismo, sadly there isn't one.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

I dont any games for PC in the racing genre, but maybe consider GTR4, Forza 2 for the XBOX or Gran Turismo for the PS3 maybe

Kamekazi_69
PC is the home of racing simulators. Or actually sims in general.
jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

trackmania

ST04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ST04
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

I think Richard Burns rally with the good wheel, will be godlike for racing sims. It has some up to date mods too!. I have played with a xbox 360, thats not good enough. You are going to need a wheel with controller it's just too hard.

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

Grand Turismo 2.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

trackmania

jpph

Yeah, trackmania is only for hardcore sim fans. :P

liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 liquidzero123
Member since 2004 • 7111 Posts

Toca Race Driver 3 has a realistic handling setting and the cars take damage physically and internally which effects driving.

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
If you want realistic racing games your gonna have to turn to consoles with forza motor sport 2 and grand turismo series. Doesnt get anymore realistic then that
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
If you want realistic racing games your gonna have to turn to consoles with forza motor sport 2 and grand turismo series. Doesnt get anymore realistic then thatcontaminated
I hope you are kidding
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
[QUOTE="BloodyAnalCrust"]I'm sick of all these EA racing games...turning corners at 187mph. That's pure rubbish. Thanks in advance

good to hear i'm not the only one. all i can do is grimace at the kid playing burnout at the best buy display who thinks he's all cool.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Forza 2. In terms of graphics GRiD looks brilliant give that a go.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="contaminated"]If you want realistic racing games your gonna have to turn to consoles with forza motor sport 2 and grand turismo series. Doesnt get anymore realistic then thatThe_PC_Gamer
I hope you are kidding

Word. Gran Turismo is a great arcade-style racing series, but please...they're not very realistic.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

If you want realistic racing games your gonna have to turn to consoles with forza motor sport 2 and grand turismo series. Doesnt get anymore realistic then thatcontaminated

:lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5af8931bafc82
deactivated-5af8931bafc82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5af8931bafc82
Member since 2002 • 298 Posts

Most realistic ive played on pc was Grand Prix Legends, with the GTR series following a close 2nd.

Nascar 2003 was/is also a pretty realistic sim if you're into the whole Nascar scene.

Be aware that asking for a realistic racing sim on the pc pretty much requires a good wheel/pedal setup.

i have a G25 as well as a few Momos that are all great.

Sadly there has never been a Gran Turismo / Forza style racing "clone" for pc, which im sure we all agree would be great.

Never could figure out why nobody ever tried making a clone of those for the pc since it would definately sell well.

talonkarrde07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 talonkarrde07
Member since 2009 • 1610 Posts
not need for speed or ford racing to. and no nascar games either!
BloodyAnalCrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BloodyAnalCrust

GTR2 is the most realistic racing game ever made. it's also probably the most difficult and unforgiving racing game ever made. i love it, but i can imagine why many wouldn't.

if you're looking for a PC equivalent of Gran Turismo, sadly there isn't one.

broken_bass_bin

Yes, that is what I was looking for, and that sucks. I will play all of these games listed above, and stick to the one that is the toughest/has the greatest tracks. Do any of them allow you to blow out your transmission for shifting at the wrong time? In the end, I might just get Colin McRae and resort to the olden days. :P

But when will a Gran Turismo-like game come to PC? EVER?! There's just something about buying a cheap used car, attaining money through winning races, fixing it up, while staying away from EA that gives me a hard on.