MGS 5 is coming to pc.

#1 Edited by Gamerno6666 (455 posts) -
#2 Posted by Arthas045 (5098 posts) -

Well I tell you this makes my next generation console purchase a lot easier.

#3 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2388 posts) -

3 and 4 still aren't on pc so.....

#4 Posted by Gamerno6666 (455 posts) -

well we can play 3 on pc. ;) And 4 is up on youtube.

#5 Posted by KHAndAnime (13392 posts) -

I'm getting too old for these games. I simply don't have another 20+ hours to dedicate to a poorly written schlockfest anymore. Metal Gear Solid 4 makes me curious what sort of drugs they were influenced by when they wrote that complete non-sense.

#6 Posted by glez13 (8664 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

well we can play 3 on pc. ;) And 4 is up on youtube.

Is there a fix for the emulation of 3? Last time I tried it, either you had no lighting with botched graphics with nice resolution or correct lighting and horrible resolution.

#7 Posted by Doozie78 (143 posts) -

That's good news. If it turns out to be a quality game then steam it is!

#8 Edited by Chatch09 (307 posts) -

I'm getting too old for these games. I simply don't have another 20+ hours to dedicate to a poorly written schlockfest anymore. Metal Gear Solid 4 makes me curious what sort of drugs they were influenced by when they wrote that complete non-sense.

All MGS games have been completely non-sense IMO, but thats exactly why I love it. As far as I know, its the only story of its kind, military conflict with a focus on technology and a splash of supernatural stuff.

#9 Posted by Sa1nT_Ch3wy (94 posts) -

Super stoked for this

#10 Posted by FelipeInside (25288 posts) -

NOBODY buy Ground Zeroes, it's basically a scam. A tech demo which they decided to charge people for and can be finished in less than 2 hours. (I just watched a walkthrough to see the story)

Excited for Phantom Pain though.

#11 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16086 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

NOBODY buy Ground Zeroes, it's basically a scam. A tech demo which they decided to charge people for and can be finished in less than 2 hours. (I just watched a walkthrough to see the story)

You do realize that there is more then the main mission in Ground Zeroes? The game comes with multiple side ops and other hidden secrets which are worth finding.

I put about 12+ hours into Ground Zeroes and felt very satisfied with my purchase.

#12 Posted by blangenakker (2216 posts) -

Sweet, that can go with my PC version of MGS2

#13 Posted by illmatic87 (15156 posts) -

I thought I was the same.

Until I played Ground Zeroes. It's excellent and plays well, despite being a glorified demo.

This is great news.

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (7795 posts) -

They better not attempt to charge £49.99.

#15 Edited by Behardy24 (3057 posts) -

Cool!

#16 Edited by FelipeInside (25288 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

@FelipeInside said:

You do realize that there is more then the main mission in Ground Zeroes? The game comes with multiple side ops and other hidden secrets which are worth finding.

I put about 12+ hours into Ground Zeroes and felt very satisfied with my purchase.

Good that you're one of the few in the minority that was satisfied with the purchase. The fact is it was a tech demo, and Kojima decided to get greedy and turn it into a game that lasts 2 hours.... oh, a few more maybe just collecting useless stuff if you're into that.

People here complain that the COD campaign is only 6-7 hours long (apart from the fact that it also includes co-op and MP), but hell.... Ground Zeroes is 2 hours long but that's ok right?

#17 Posted by Lach0121 (9788 posts) -

This is 1 of 2 games that basically nullify my need for a "next-gen" console. Now if only the new Silent Hill would come as well.

I will be getting GZ as well. However, since it is not a multiplayer game, I will probably get it on sale. For me length isn't the only important factor for games. I have yet to play a Metal Gear game that wasn't great!

I am so thrilled that I get to play MGS:V Online with my GF on our brand new rigs.

#18 Posted by KHAndAnime (13392 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

I thought I was the same.

Until I played Ground Zeroes. It's excellent and plays well, despite being a glorified demo.

This is great news.

I always enjoyed Metal Gear Solid for its aesthetics, style, music, art direction, voice acting, gameplay, and superb attention to detail. I'm passing on Ground Zeroes, but if the full game reviews well, I suppose I don't have much of a choice...

As much as I'd like to pass up on it, I have to play it just so I can at least justify saying how much I don't like it (or the opposite).

#19 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3355 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

@FelipeInside said:

Good that you're one of the few in the minority that was satisfied with the purchase. The fact is it was a tech demo, and Kojima decided to get greedy and turn it into a game that lasts 2 hours.... oh, a few more maybe just collecting useless stuff if you're into that.

People here complain that the COD campaign is only 6-7 hours long (apart from the fact that it also includes co-op and MP), but hell.... Ground Zeroes is 2 hours long but that's ok right?

Hopefully, it's included in Phantom Pain, which WILL be worth it :)

#20 Edited by FelipeInside (25288 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@FelipeInside said:

Hopefully, it's included in Phantom Pain, which WILL be worth it :)

I don't think Ground Zeroes is included in Phantom Pain, but yes.... that game WILL be worth it, can't wait.

#21 Posted by Blutfahne (262 posts) -

Better not play some like chunky console port peasantry.

#22 Posted by Jimmy_Russell (543 posts) -

Good, now I won't have to purchase a PS4. I was going to buy a PS4 to play GTA V and MGS V, but now I will just pick them up on the PC instead.

#23 Posted by Lach0121 (9788 posts) -

@jimmy_russell: Almost the same boat here man.

MGS5, GTA 5, and the new Silent hill are the only things that have me interested in a "next gen" console. 2 of those 3 have already been confirmed for PC. Thats an extra $200 each to put on my, and my GF's next graphics cards in our rigs!