Metro Last Light won't run properly, need help!

Zuhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zuhaar
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hey, just bought the game and it won't run properly. I've should be playing about medium settings at 30 fps but instead I drop everything to lowest and it runs at about 2 fps. Please could somebody help!!!

My specs:

AMD Athlon x4 760K 3.8ghz

8gb ram

GTX 750Ti

Windows 8.1

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Check your drivers?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

List your settings, and Nvidia control panel settings and we can go from there. Also like the guy above me said, check your CPU and GPU drivers and make sure they are up to date.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Your CPU might be holding you back.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

There is no way you can get 2 fps. Check your pc for malware/adware that's hogging your memory. Check your CPU usage before you open the game.

Zuhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zuhaar

this is my cpu when I have metro open so i know its not that. and also the graphics settings from nvidia recommended these settings. Although on minimum it is a slideshow.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

According to your optimised game pic, everything is cranked except SSAA. Turn off AF, turn down the Tessellation and put the quality down to medium.

If the game runs well, start (slowly) turning up the eye candy until you find a performance that runs the game well.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ribstaylor1

Well there is your issue... Don't use Geforce auto settings system. It doesn't work 99% of the time and all ways sets games way to high for the system being used. Besides your system isn't all that great. I'd say everything should be on medium\high except you should not have on physx, or ambient occlusion of any kind. Also turn off motion blur and depth of field effects. Shadows should be on medium or low depending on the tittle.

Your not running a beast of a rig so you shouldn't be running the most intensive of settings. Best way to go about setting settings is in a couple different modern tittles go through and try to get the settings to make each one play at least at 30fps steady. Once you find that happy medium with at least three tittles, try to stick with settings close too what you used on all three. And actually use the games menu's to set it not The auto system sent with your card.

Zuhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zuhaar

@ribstaylor1: like I said this is what it says to run at. When i actually put everything to lowest it's still really bad :/ and my PC isn't great since i'm short on cash and its the first pc ive built

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ribstaylor1

Your pc isn't bad at all. It should play modern games just fine at low\medium\high for some settings and have exceptable frames. K well list your Nvidia control panel settings, and we can go from there. Also did you bother updating your drivers like everyone suggested?

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

Turn off physX. I had the same issue with a 3570K and gtx770. Once I turned physX off everything was just dandy.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Get the redux version, it runs better all around and uses the newer non-ass physx code.

Zuhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zuhaar

there are my settings

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Tessellation at very high, there is your problem. Turn it off. Also turn off advanced Phys.X

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Use the actual ingame settings, outside stuff can help, but what maters is ingame, and you should really tone it down

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ribstaylor1

Turn texture filtering to performance, as well turn it to single screen performance mode. Other then that and keeping the games heavy settings like anti aliasing at low or off, physx off, tessellation low or off, and ambient occlusion off you should be good to go. If still performance isn't where you'd like it to be turn down shadows, and if it still persists turn down texture filtering.

Also make sure you system is actually using your card and not just the integrated graphics. Never know. And updating your mother boards bios, then your drivers might help. Should keep up with the drivers at least, as they do make a difference.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 quikdash6

I swear my comments are invisible sometimes. TURN OFF PHYSX. I'm not sure about the Redux version with better PhysX code like @topgunmv mentioned, but I was getting very choppy gameplay and as low as 17fps before I turned it off.

Zuhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zuhaar

@quikdash6: ive turned it off by setting it to CPU rather than GPU and it makes no difference. Other games run fine its just this fucker :/

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ribstaylor1

Don't use your cpu for physx. Don't use it on your machine at all it's a hog and your not running a good enough CPU or GPU to be able to run it.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 quikdash6

Yeah, turn it off completely. Just something about the PhysX on this particular game is all jacked up. Doesn't really matter what you have for specs from what I've read.