This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I've recently gotten into playing Metro 2033 and have been playing it for quite some time now. I've now gotten to the Outpost level and I'm having a very big problem. My gas mask is completely out. I have no more gas containers and I couldn't restock before coming out so now I am left with no more fresh air, am out in the open, and cannot finish the level nor even the game because of this. Does anyone have any advice for what to do? I think part of the problem was that I didn't buy a lot with Bourbon and at times I don't think I conserved them very well. I have to ask what's the best option for me?

Should I reload a previous game and try to go from there and conserve all the little amount of oxygen that I have or reload from Bourbon and play the game throughout from there but this time buying more oxygen containers?

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

Metro actually takes skill unlike most games. Welcome to difficult.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Goyoshi12

jakes456

Thanks but have you got any advice as to my predicament?

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

I remember on Outpost there are patrols. New masks and also new canisters in the house.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

jakes456

I'm not sure wat other games you are playing if Metro 2033 is difficult to you.

As for the topic, there is usually gas mask filters lying around outside in stashes.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

Toxic-Seahorse

As for the topic, there is usually gas mask filters lying around outside in stashes.

Specifically, where? I'm already at I guess the main house near the beginning of Outpost and I've been able to pick up a few gas masks but it's not enough or only lasts a short amount of time.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

Goyoshi12

Specifically, where? I'm already at I guess the main house near the beginning of Outpost and I've been able to pick up a few gas masks but it's not enough or only lasts a short amount of time.

I don't remember exactly where they are, that would be impossible, but you can get a lot of them so just look around for stashes. I think some enemies drop filters as well.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] I'm not sure wat other games you are playing if Metro 2033 is difficult to you.

Toxic-Seahorse

I don't remember exactly where they are, that would be impossible, but you can get a lot of them so just look around for stashes. I think some enemies drop filters as well.

I'll try, thanks for the advice.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

corpses usually have one on their head or nearby

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]I don't remember exactly where they are, that would be impossible, but you can get a lot of them so just look around for stashes. I think some enemies drop filters as well. Goyoshi12

I'll try, thanks for the advice.

On that advice,
- In the first area when you come up from underground, I remember one or two dead characters at the far end of the area, on top of the shelves of ice / frozen ground. I think they had a fairly good amount of stuff with them when I played, so that might be a good spot.

- You could beat most of the first patrol quickly with a grenade (probably two of them left afterwards)and then run around checking them for filters.
I remember one guy above them though, so if you have a silenced weapon you might want to get him first, then throw the grenade. (that's what I did!)

Just a few filters seems to last a little while though. I feel like I would look around maybe a bit too slowly and carefully but still ended up with enough filters to not be in too big of a rush. I let them go until your guy changes them himself, if that helps.

And maybe later on in the level, if you're running out of time you could try different things like skipping out on looting as thoroughly as usual, sneaking or running past enemies, or maybe even sometimes throwing a grenade rather than taking the time to aim.

:]

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Goyoshi12

Thanks for the advice guys but now I'm at the Library level and my gas mask is detering again but this time I'm not finding any containers to use or pick up (I did find one body in the place but for some reason it isn't giving me the option of taking his mask). Any ideas for this level? It's not that bad as before, it's twelve instead of like five but it's still low and is still falling.

I know it's probably pathetic asking this because it takes out the engrossing nature of the game but this game is just increasing tension (especially at the part inside the library and the demon is trying to come in) and it's almost making me think twice about exploring as if looking around is almost a bad idea. I just want some confirmation on whether or not it's OK to look around (if the demon bursting down the door is on a timer or not) and if it is timed then could you confirm on whether or not there are some either dead bodies or stashes of gas masks so that I don't go looking through the library wasiting time and delaying the inevitable.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toxic-Seahorse

I don't remember much about the library level except that it's the most intense part fo the game. I ran out of ammo halfway through and ended up running to the end of the level.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

you have put yourself in a terribad predicament. reload the game from the bandit camp checkpoint. grab the electrodriver lying near the campfire when the bandits are dead. then sell it when you reach market station for a tihar or a shotgun. tada easy 50-75 gold ammo

the ranger mode free dlc really wrecked metro 2033 cause that electro driver is worth so much damn money its stupid

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Check bodies. Sometimes they are just lying on the ground. The game would have been considered "broken" if you couldn't obtain a gas mask when you needed it in order to progress.

Word of advice. Save often. Reload to earlier save point when you fck up. lol

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
Didn't read the thread because of spoilers but metro is my new fav game, i love it's stalker feel.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
When you get to one of the few opportunities to trade make use of it - quite often there are spare guns lying around, either near the end of the previous level, or in the trading level itself. Decide what weapons you want to leave the level with, and then swap weapons around to sell everything else - that method gets you more than enough cash to buy the good weapons and armour. Gas mask refills can be found on levels that require them, but they are deliberately scarce. If you search every corner of a level you will always have enough, but the catch is that you use up more of your filters trying to get more. If refills were abundant then there wouldn't be much point in having them, so only use it when you really need to. Back to the OP request - coming up from the underground from Outpost I think there were some hidden in the station entrance - look for ramps and ledges leading up from the floor level to above bookcases. Then run out and slightly right to the multi-story building - as well as quite a few enemies there are a few hidden areas with items to loot including more filters.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Youll need to reload an earlier save and stock up on some filters. Heres some advice to help prevent this from hapening though: When you are in an area where u need to use the gas mask try not to shoot people in the head or use explosives as much because this willbreak their gas mask and you wont be able to pick up the filters. If you dont break their gas mask they drop filters more often, they are almost empty most of the time if you are playing on the ranger dificulties but they still give you quite a lot of time. If you think its bad now just wait till you get to the library.

Niner0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Niner0
Member since 2005 • 1630 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys but now I'm at the Library level and my gas mask is detering again but this time I'm not finding any containers to use or pick up (I did find one body in the place but for some reason it isn't giving me the option of taking his mask). Any ideas for this level? It's not that bad as before, it's twelve instead of like five but it's still low and is still falling.

I know it's probably pathetic asking this because it takes out the engrossing nature of the game but this game is just increasing tension (especially at the part inside the library and the demon is trying to come in) and it's almost making me think twice about exploring as if looking around is almost a bad idea. I just want some confirmation on whether or not it's OK to look around (if the demon bursting down the door is on a timer or not) and if it is timed then could you confirm on whether or not there are some either dead bodies or stashes of gas masks so that I don't go looking through the library wasiting time and delaying the inevitable.

Goyoshi12
I'm pretty sure the demon never comes inside. The librarians on the other hand...