Mass Effect 2 controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

I bought a xbox 360 wired controller to play with Mass Effect 2 for my PC. The instant I plugged the controller in, drivers were installed, but when I start up Mass Effect 2, the controller will not work. I do not even know how to configure it because I cannot find the option to do this. Can anyone help me out please? Thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
thats because me2 doesn't support the 360 controller or any controller.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

I don't believe there isn't any support for Joypads in Mass Effect 2, there is a program called xpadder that apparently allows you to use a joypad in games that don't support them. I haven't used it myself (I am a mouse/keyboard snob) and the program isn't free, but if you want to take a look at it here is the link :-

http://xpadder.com/

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

:lol: You don't play Bioware games with controllers :lol:

You can play it easily with a mouse and keyboard. Heck it's even better than a controller.

666shan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 666shan666
Member since 2009 • 436 Posts

Xpadder does allow you to use the gamepad, but that wouldnt be the way you would want to play the game that does not support gamepad. i tried MW2 with xpadder & the controles suc**d, better play with kb/m.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The PC version has a complete PC interface, so you should play it with the K/M.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
thats because me2 doesn't support the 360 controller or any controller.paullywog
How bizarre. But I will say it's really good and comfortable with the keyboard/mouse layout. Only thing I did was change the "run" function from the spacebar to the shift key..and the hud to the spacebar. Don't know why Bioware pre-programmed them like that.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="paullywog"]thats because me2 doesn't support the 360 controller or any controller.gamer082009
How bizarre. But I will say it's really good and comfortable with the keyboard/mouse layout. Only thing I did was change the "run" function from the spacebar to the shift key..and the hud to the spacebar. Don't know why Bioware pre-programmed them like that.

hows that bizarre? The first didn't support it either.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamer082009
[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="paullywog"]thats because me2 doesn't support the 360 controller or any controller.Nibroc420

Well because it's a 360 ported game..I would think it would have 360 controller support like most games. And plus, part ones of allot of games don't support controllers but they usually get their act together with the second coming.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="gamer082009"]How bizarre. But I will say it's really good and comfortable with the keyboard/mouse layout. Only thing I did was change the "run" function from the spacebar to the shift key..and the hud to the spacebar. Don't know why Bioware pre-programmed them like that.gamer082009

Well because it's a 360 ported game..I would think it would have 360 controller support like most games. And plus, part ones of allot of games don't support controllers but they usually get their act together with the second coming.

What are you talking about "Part one's dont support controllers?" And it's not even a 360 port? Wow, ONLY Boxes that say "Games for windows live" support 360 controllers out of the box (99% of the time) Mass effect 2 isn't even a Games for windows live game. It's not made my microsoft, and the entire layout is totally different. You might as well go "well, Dragon age was a 360 port, so where's the 360 controller support for that?" Only thing bizarre is your assumption that it would use a 360 controller S=
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="gamer082009"]How bizarre. But I will say it's really good and comfortable with the keyboard/mouse layout. Only thing I did was change the "run" function from the spacebar to the shift key..and the hud to the spacebar. Don't know why Bioware pre-programmed them like that.gamer082009

How in anyway did you you come to the conclusion that Mass Effect 2 was a 360 port?
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamer082009

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] hows that bizarre? The first didn't support it either.JangoWuzHere

How in anyway did you you come to the conclusion that Mass Effect 2 was a 360 port?

And how do we really know that it isn't? The whole menu feels console'ish...it's funny that people are getting panties in a bunch because of my comment on it being bizarre that it doesn't support a 360 controller. I think 3rd person games for the most part play better with controllers..whether they be PC controllers or console controllers, whatever! FPS are more made for the keyboard and mouse. I suppose that's what I'm trying to say.

But I have read somewherethat it isn't a port..but I think the lack of controller support is bizarre since it's a 3rd person game.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

I thought ME was an Xbox game ported to the PC.

The game came out first on the 360. Took another six months before it was released for the PC.

princeslolypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 princeslolypop
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

:lol: You don't play Bioware games with controllers :lol:

You can play it easily with a mouse and keyboard. Heck it's even better than a controller.

MrLions
Wrong....I installed my ps3 controller on my computer by dling the driver through motioninjoy.com and following the instructions on hardcore.com
durge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 durge13
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Mass Effect 2 is a 100% console port, it plays better on whatever you prefer not what you 'KNOW' is better, he is right in the way that the first game of a series in the past (bioshock for example) can often be missing controller support. I personally prefer the controller for games like this as my left forearm has a muscle condition that makes it incredibly painful playing games with WASD for long periods of time, if I had a fancy ergonomic keyboard that probably would solve that problem and I admit I would prefer to use the mouse and keyboard in that situation. I have actually forgotten my point so whatever, pc gaming wins over anything else, ps3 controllers I dont know or care about so I wont bother with that as they are too small for my hands to be comfortable with. Wish people on this website and many other gaming sites were more helpful, I dont think Ive ever seen a topic on these forums that didnt have a little argument way off topic because a bunch of retards cant just say "Try xpadder, mass effect 2 doesnt support controllers by default" and be done with it.