aminsabet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aminsabet
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have a very capable computer for photo editing and want to try my hand at some gaming. Problem is, I don't like to be challenged much.

Have tried Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Batman Arkham Origins, and they're all nice games but too hard to progress. I wish they had some kind of "god mode" where you can't be killed and you just march through to beating the game.

Any recommendations for me? I want something that has great action, great graphics, and is ridiculously easy to beat.

My system: https://www.flickr.com/photos/asabet/15344970764/

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@aminsabet said:

I have a very capable computer for photo editing and want to try my hand at some gaming. Problem is, I don't like to be challenged much.

Have tried Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Batman Arkham Origins, and they're all nice games but too hard to progress. I wish they had some kind of "god mode" where you can't be killed and you just march through to beating the game.

Any recommendations for me? I want something that has great action, great graphics, and is ridiculously easy to beat.

My system: https://www.flickr.com/photos/asabet/15344970764/

Put them on EASY mode?

Tomb Raider and FarCry 3 aren't hard games.

But something like Telltale games aren't hard.

The challenge of a game is part of the fun/appeal and design. Just running through a game in God Mode takes away a lot of what the developers intended for you to experience.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Don't those games have an easy difficulty setting?

Try Call of Duty games, they usually are easy even on normal difficulty and have action movie type stories.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Bioware games often have a story mode for people just like you. So mass effect series as well as dragon age series should have this option. Also I believe Douse ex the latest one also has that same mode for story and little action.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Hard requirements to meet. Usually very easy does not come with great action

Half-Life 2 on easy is quite easy, but being 10 years old it won't fill the graphics requirement

Shadow of Mordor is often seen as easy, but numerou button prompts and changing orc captains will likely frustrate

Maybe something like Skyrim or Fallout 3 where you can enable a god mode

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Try Tell Tale Games....... Because they're not really games at all.

aminsabet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By aminsabet

@ribstaylor1: Do the story modes let you play in a super easy mode or is it like watching a movie, ie no game play at all?

@FelipeInside: "Easy" mode is still too hard for me. For example, there's one part of Tomb Raider where I keep getting killed by wolves. I'm sure I could beat it with a little effort, but I don't want to have to put in effort. I want the wolves to die the first time I try to kill them, and I don't want there to be any way they can kill me.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

@aminsabet: I personally haven't played them but I've read that it's very hard to die in the later Assassin's Creed games. Also, if the wolf parts you speak of in Tomb Raider were the quick time events, then you will find the Telltale games difficult as well, since most of their gameplay consists aimed shooting and quick time events.

Also, the Fable games are incredibly easy as well. Supposedly the creator said something along the lines of "I want a blind child to be able to win this game with their feet." 1 and 3 are both available for PC.

Actually looks like 3 may no longer be available due to GFWL going down. A shame for you TC if true, that game was so easy many review sites were deducting points for lack of challenge.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Be nice guys.

Ryse is my recommendation.

Easy game and looks fantastic on your system. It has limited replayability though and is rather short.

Judging from what your asking, it would be one of the more ideal choices.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@aminsabet: Story mode in all those games is the whole game just with far less challenging combat and AI, and it's almost impossible to die. Essentially it's the mode for those who can't be bothered with putting in any effort, so they should be a perfect fit. Also all of those games which is 7 in total have great stories, so if you haven't given them a go I recommend you do.

I second that suggestion of Ryse son of rome as well. It has Quick time events for combat but you don't need to be accurate or on timing at all to be able to beat the game as I went the whole first quarter not hitting a single combo right. It's also a gorgeous tittle.

aminsabet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aminsabet

@daious: Thank you and everyone else who had helpful suggestions!

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

I'm surprised no one mentioned Assassin's Creed series yet. They're easy as hell and action-packed.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Purble Place. I play it with my kids sometimes. Minesweeper too.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning is a pretty easy RPG that once you get into it a bit especially on easy mode, you will wiping the floor with baddies. Graphics are not all that bad either.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Dark Souls ;)

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

Try games like Vanishing of Ethan Carter, To the moon, Dear Esther etc. Theses games only tell stories. Not much in terms of gameplay to give you a challenge.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

SimCity 2013 easy. No story but still a good city builder and easy if you turn off disasters like I do. also there is a sandbox mode with cheats.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Go with telltale games, they are great and easy

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Skyrim on easy mode. You have to try to die.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

I think Prince of Persia (2008) fits your plate , yeah the gameplay might be boring and repetitive but you cant die and the story is awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_(2008_video_game)

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

o.o Far cry 4 on easy mode should be easy. Playing it on normal, gets frustrating at times, but still easy enough with bunch of checkpoints.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#22  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

You should download Cheat Engine. It works for almost every game out there with the exception of online games, and some other games which use odd memory management which can be hard to find values for.

You can find values for health, experience points, money etc and it really makes games a lot more fun sometimes. I've used it on some really really hard games before and it actually made them playable. I've even used it in old snes, playstation and ps2 games i had running on an emulator instead of having to hunt down gameshark codes.

Last game i used it for a lot was Torchlight 2.. the game isn't very hard but I wasn't having much fun with the character i made because it felt weak, so made my character god like and changed all my stats and skill trees to unbelievable levels you could never reach even if you max'd out, and it made it possible for me to have some fun in the game. The game was so easy at that point. This is the type of thing you should do is use Cheat Engine and most games will be really easy with it.

Just don't use it with online games, they store information on their server side, plus you could get banned.

I'm not gonna suggest any games cause theres just too many that can become easy using this. Some older games you can download trainers for that have cheats already unlocked also so you dont even have to find codes with Cheat Engine.

Its free by the way also.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@dantesergei

And yet another person who believes PoP is easy because you don't die.........

Do you know death does in a video game...... It just makes you start over..... The only difference between PoP and other games is you don't have go through the whole process of seeing a game over screen, selecting retry and then taking a few steps to get back to where you were killed.

PoP just skips all that and resets the enemy's health everytime she has to save you from an enemy, which is essentially what happens in any other game, same goes for the platforming, if you fall, you'l be taken back to the last time you were standing on a sturdy solid surface.... Just like you would be in any other game.

PoP may have been dissapointimg but lack of death had nothing to do with it. It wasn't easier because you couldn't die, it was easier because they only had fewer enemies and you only fought them one at a time, and if you were fast enough you could avoid a fight all together in many scenarios. The platforming was defintately tougher in the reboot... And the puzzles..... Well I don't remember the Puzzles, DarkSiders was better at that anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Cat Mario , I wanna be the guy and its sequel. And the best part is they are all free. :)

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I wonder if you are really into gaming... I mean someone suggested Ryse Son of Rome, which would be good... Even if you don't get the combos right the game still executes it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Hmm...well...Sacred 2 is a pretty easy game.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Diablo III is extremely easy

michajc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By michajc

gta san andreas with full cheats on

you will finish it in 1 day

except for the fucking zero missions,those are hard as **** with the rc planes

i dont like cheats anyway

i like to take my time to finish the games

gta vice city took me about 2 months to finish because i was doing 1 mission and then 3 hours of driving and killing random people

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@michajc said:

except for the fucking zero missions,those are hard as **** with the rc planes

Beat that twice for ps2, the version where it sips fuel even when you sip. Lots of tries, but satisfying to beat. I think the flood of the topics that occurred then gave me an overestimation of its difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

aminsabet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aminsabet

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Very easy PC game you say? Call of Duty set on easy, enemies will shoot you once in 3-5 seconds.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Portal is very easy. Very short, too, but it's a lot of fun and has a very catchy ending song. Then there's Portal 2, of course, which is a bit more challenging, but it's not short of humor, the kind of humor not typical for computer games. Crysis series is pretty straight forward gameplay-wize, should be easy enough on the easiest setting + it looks great.