Looking for a MMORPG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fexal
Member since 2012 • 87 Posts

Hello I am a big fan of MMORPG's and I just recently was playing Guild Wars 2 but I am kinda done with it. I have played WoW and I do like it but I dont like the monthly charge and I was gonna wait for elder scrolls online but now ESO looks like it isnt gonna be too good. So I want a new MMORPG one thats pretty popular so it won't die soon and it can cost money or be free to play but I prefer it not be pay to win.

Thanks - Fexal

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@fexal said:

I dont like the monthly charge

THIS

xal said:

elder scrolls online

And that - don't match.

I can recommend you Eve Online if you're into space sci-fi,

You can try Star Wars The Old Republic - it's a decent WoW clone and it's free.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Exactly what do you want? Combat focused pve/pvp or just a lot of stuff to do?

TERA is the only themepark mmorpg I've played that actually takes some skill for the combat. It also by far has the best graphics.

TERA is the kind of game where if you are in the organized PVP and you press tab and notice that your team is mostly from the PVE servers, you are going to lose. PVE server players are amazingly bad.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I think DC Universe Online is the best option. Star Wars: The Old Republic and Rift are good is you're into more traditional 2nd generation MMORPG like World of Warcraft. There is Guild Wars which throws a twist on things, although I personally think the game doesn't really have much to offer when it comes to content updates or end game. The Secret World is a very interest MMORPG is you're looking for something different. The investigation quests are really good, the story can be engage, and the horror theme adds some appeal.

Neverwinter is a option too. But if you're looking for something to hold you for months you "might" be disappointed.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fexal

@PredatorRules: Yeah thats the one of the reasons I decided not to get ESO

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fexal

@JigglyWiggly_: I just want a lot of stuff to do I guess I like games that I can spend a lot of time playing and not be bored.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

TERA is can be repetitive, so you'd probably be best waiting for the elderscrolls one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I haven't managed to stick to an MMORPG ever since Guild Wars 2...been trying DC Universe Online but making characters ends up being more fun than actually playing them...kill 10 quests left and right...so boring...

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fexal

@NeoGen85: I have played DCUO before and it was pretty good but seemed like you kinda needed to pay for a membership, SWTOR I have never tried but Im not a huge star wars fan so Idk if that would be for me, Rift I played the free trail along time ago I will have to try it again now that its full f2p.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fexal

Im considering just playing WoW or just getting TESO and get over it and just pay the monthly fee but I don't know if its worth it and none of my friends are getting ethier of these so I don't know if it would be fun alone.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Guild wars 2. Costs 50 bucks and you never have to pay again. So far it's the only MMO that's held my interest in a very long time. Put it this way it doesn't feel like a chore like most mmo's, well so far. I'm still only level 20 but we'll see as I keep playing.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

Rift is a WoW like MMO that is free, there is also Age of Conan and Lord of the Rings Online.

Honestly though if your into MMO's and plan to play often then just spend the $15 a month and get one you really want to play. If your going to spend 100's of hours playing it then it will be worth it.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fexal

@Croag821: @ribstaylor1: Yeah I know I hit max level in Gw2 but there isnt much of an end game other than WvW

and Yeah I know thats what I should probably just spend the $15 but Idk how if ESO is good or bad yet and Is WoW worth playing alone?

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Well if you like strategy eve online works :D I was debating about it a few days back and I am glad I started playing it again. And it is pretty easy to make money in game to pay for the subscription. Actually after getting started into the game you can easily afford the subscription.

But personally the mmos out right now are pretty meh.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fexal

@IvanElk: Wait you make real money in game?

and I know I hope some of the new mmo's coming out in 2014 are gonna be better.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

@fexal said:

@IvanElk: Wait you make real money in game?

and I know I hope some of the new mmo's coming out in 2014 are gonna be better.

You use the in game money to pay for PLEX (Pilot's license extension- 30 days of game time= 15$ a month). So you don't actually have to spend money on the game after the initial purchase. Also, alternatively you can purchase PLEX with real money and sell them for in- game money if you choose to do so (the economy is basically 100% player ran at this point so the price is not ever fixed when you try and buy PLEX in game). I just like the game because like Star Citizen you can do pretty much whatever you want, in space!

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

If you want free you can't go wrong with Rift. It's probably the most polished F2P MMO out there. I've been playing off and on since beta, overall it's a fantastic game. I've tried some of ESO and it was decent. I didn't get a great feel for the game as you can only level so far in a single weekend, especially with the crazy load times but it could turn out to be a decent MMO as well.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

@fexal said:

@Croag821: @ribstaylor1: Yeah I know I hit max level in Gw2 but there isnt much of an end game other than WvW

and Yeah I know thats what I should probably just spend the $15 but Idk how if ESO is good or bad yet and Is WoW worth playing alone?

I can't really say much for ESO as the NDA is still up. If you enjoy themepark MMO's then WoW is probably worth it, it's been the unbeatable MMO king for years now and is filled with content, it also has a trial so check it out if you haven't.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fexal

@Croag821: The NDA has apparently ended for ESO and I have played WoW a bit I didnt want to pay the free trail but now I am kind of more open to it so now I just want to know ESO or WoW

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fexal

I played WoW 10 day trail and lost interest lol so I am just seeing if this thread can start up again and I can get some more help on what game to play.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ribstaylor1

Rift, Star wars The old republic, Eso, FF a realm reborn, NeverWinter, Age of Conan: Unchained, Aion: Ascension, Firefall, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest Everquest II, Star Trek Online, Eve. I could keep listing more but I think that's enough. All the rest I am finding are odd obscure Korean and Chinese games that look like grindfests. I know there are more Good ones out their but Maybe not to the calibrator of those listed.

So far I'm really enjoying guild wars. I know you say your done with it but I'm pumped to get my warrior to 80 then Get myself a mage for WvW

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fexal

@SEANMCAD: @ribstaylor1: Thanks for the suggestions guys I will check these games out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

One that hasn't been mentioned... FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? another 2nd generation WoW clone, but with final fantasy theme, great graphics music and bosses. alittle bit skimpy on the end game currently though it has improved with the last patch. another content patch or so and its golden.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fexal

@MBirdy88: I have never played Final fantasy but it is 15$ for FFXIV and a free month right now on steam would it still be worth playing if I wasnt a Final Fantasy fan? and does it have a good player base?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#27  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@fexal said:

@MBirdy88: I have never played Final fantasy but it is 15$ for FFXIV and a free month right now on steam would it still be worth playing if I wasnt a Final Fantasy fan? and does it have a good player base?

I would beware, I know a lot of people who say they would not play it if it were not FF. I for one am in no way a FF fan, it just strikes me as weird stuff. I could not get into this game at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@fexal said:

I would beware, I know a lot of people who say they would not play it if it were not FF. I for one am in no way a FF fan, it just strikes me as weird stuff. I could not get into this game at all.

Pretty much.... Japanese fantasy can be a big put off for many people. why don't you go and watch some videos of the fights ect? make your mind up that way... if you don't mind spoilers that is. it has some of the best boss fights ive had in ages.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ribstaylor1

Ya i tried FF a realm reborn wasn't for me. I like the guild wars world a little better.

Avatar image for tictactoelegend
TicTacToeLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TicTacToeLegend
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@fexal: you could play Runescape

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

why not try The Secret World? you have to pay for the box... but it is cheap, and there is no sub. i have heard it is very different, and good for those that like story and exploration. i dont know though, havent played it.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fexal

@cyloninside: @tictactoelegend: Ok I will try out runescape and the secret world I am gonna watch some videos and see if it looks good to me.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

@fexal said:

@cyloninside: @tictactoelegend: Ok I will try out runescape and the secret world I am gonna watch some videos and see if it looks good to me.

I'm currently subscribed to both The Secret World and another MMORPG. The Secret World is F2P and all the vanilla content is free. I think I said this before, but the game is a bit more unique in comparison to others of its type. I still think ESO is worth the sub, but let's wait for the live launch.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fexal

@NeoGen85: Ok if secret world is free trial or whatever I will try that and yeah I am going to see how ESO is at launch.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Trine is pretty awesome, actually. And everquest!

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

WIldstar or Elder Scrolls Online