Looking for a good game launcher for Windows 7

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJP3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DJP3000
Member since 2010 • 293 Posts

I tried to use Steam as a game launcher for all my games, including my non-steam games.  The problem I'm having with that is that after sometimes I shut down my PC, my non-steam games that I added manually to my Steam library disappear from my Steam library and only the ones I purchased from Steam or a Steamworks game are the only games that show in my Steam library.  Also sometimes I lose my customized game icons for non-steam games in Steam's grid view if my non-steam games stay.  Is there a permanent fix for these 2 problems in Steam, not a workaround?

I prefer to have all my PC games in a centralized location and arranged in alphabetical order automatically.  Creating shortcuts for each game turns into to much clutter in the desktop.  I tried creating a folder called Games in my desktop with my games shortcuts in it but sometimes the icons will turn into a blue sphere and the view sometimes goes back to default view.  Is there a good DRM-free game launcher I can download that I can add shortcuts to all my games and not have the problems I'm experiencing with Steam?    

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

Desktop

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Could always use the one built into Raptr.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

desura

DJP3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJP3000
Member since 2010 • 293 Posts

Desktop

MacBoomStick

Desktop looks messier the more shortcuts I add to it and the desktop has no option to arrange only selected shortcuts by name, so as a result it can get tedious looking for stuff with lots of shortcuts on the desktop.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I tried to use Steam as a game launcher for all my games, including my non-steam games.  The problem I'm having with that is that after sometimes I shut down my PC, my non-steam games that I added manually to my Steam library disappear from my Steam library and only the ones I purchased from Steam or a Steamworks game are the only games that show in my Steam library.  Also sometimes I lose my customized game icons for non-steam games in Steam's grid view if my non-steam games stay.  Is there a permanent fix for these 2 problems in Steam, not a workaround?

I prefer to have all my PC games in a centralized location and arranged in alphabetical order automatically.  Creating shortcuts for each game turns into to much clutter in the desktop.  I tried creating a folder called Games in my desktop with my games shortcuts in it but sometimes the icons will turn into a blue sphere and the view sometimes goes back to default view.  Is there a good DRM-free game launcher I can download that I can add shortcuts to all my games and not have the problems I'm experiencing with Steam?    

DJP3000

This is because you dont close steam before shutting off your PC.  You need to exit steam manually

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

Desktop

DJP3000

Desktop looks messier the more shortcuts I add to it and the desktop has no option to arrange only selected shortcuts by name, so as a result it can get tedious looking for stuff with lots of shortcuts on the desktop.

Just collect them all and put them in a "games" folder on your desktop and in that folder you can sort them alphabetically or the way you see fit. Personally I have four icons on my desktop, really easy to find everything.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts

This is because you dont close steam before shutting off your PC.  You need to exit steam manually

wis3boi

This, and to my knowledge you only have to manually close it once, then stuff should be saved. I don't bother closing steam before I shut down anymore but all my non steam games stay put. Give it a shot, should work.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Raptr is probably the best. Fences works good if you want lists, but want them separated by some category. It would be cool to have an app that provided information about the games and such, like XBMC does for movies.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
You should reinstall steam for starters because it really shouldn't do that.
GameAddict20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GameAddict20
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

If you are still looking for a decent game launcher, the most recent version of photon game manager might fit your needs

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I use Classic Start Menu. Works like it should and never crashed.

jasondcarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasondcarr
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Check out LaunchBox. Does everything requested here with box art.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Check out the necro thread

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Please don't post in old threads. You are better off creating a new one.

-CLOSED-