Lichdom Battlemage Steam Early Access

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261760/

An early access actually worth getting if you are interested in this game. Half the price of what the full release will be later this year so this is a 50% off pre-order and you get alpha access. The only way early access should be done.

The game is very reminiscent of Dark Messiah, only it is 100% magic. So far I am loving the magic system but it is only like 20% finished. Can't wait to see what more they get out of it. There are only a couple of levels and about 8 enemies so far. Uses cryengine so it looks awesome, running great as well.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Am I crazy or aren't you against episodic content and against early access ?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

I described why this is acceptable to me. It is a 50% off pre-order for a game I planned on buying since I heard about it anyway. Having access to the alpha is just a bonus. The way I see it they are rewarding me for testing the game, quite different than paying to test it in my opinion.

What I am against is games like 7 Days to Die taking $35 from people for early access then lowering the price to $25 a few months later. Or games like EQ Next which are f'ing free to play and charging people $60 to alpha test. This is in no way the same thing, and episodic gaming is a different thing altogether.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

I described why this is acceptable to me. It is a 50% off pre-order for a game I planned on buying since I heard about it anyway. Having access to the alpha is just a bonus. The way I see it they are rewarding me for testing the game, quite different than paying to test it in my opinion.

What I am against is games like 7 Days to Die taking $35 from people for early access then lowering the price to $25 a few months later. Or games like EQ Next which are f'ing free to play and charging people $60 to alpha test. This is in no way the same thing, and episodic gaming is a different thing altogether.

I agree. Having a bonus on a preorder with a discount is acceptable in my eyes, not the other way around where the gamer has to pay for Alpha Access.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#5 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Looking forward to this game .

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I hope the storyline will be good as well because if it's a 40$ title it should not only look and play good but also be interesting, because there's no co-op or multiplayer what so ever.

But I do agree the combat looks the way I wished The Elder Scrolls games used it's magic.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

It looks like it could be good. It's still a bit unfinished for my taste, but ill keep my eye on it.