Just Finished First Build: Questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xMstr_Chiefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xMstr_Chiefx
Member since 2003 • 41 Posts

I just finished completing my first "high end rig" build.  However, I have a question.  Every time I start up the computer, I am prompted to "press F1 to continue, Del to enter setup".  This was great the first post, but its annoying when I want to turn on the computer, and walk away while it starts.  I'm sure this is a very stupid question, as I have come this far, yet it is quite frustrating.  Any easy fix to this?

Also, for some reason, several of the lights on the front of my case, IE: HDD light, power light, etc, are not working.  I have them plugged in correctly, at least to my knowledge.  However, the problem with the case power light is that it is a 3 prong plug, while the alotted location on the mobo is a 2 prong plug.  The mobo book says to cut it in half, and put each individual plug in its respective place, how on earth do I do that without damaging something?  Thanks guys!

PC specs:

Thermaltake Armor: Black

Evga Nforce 680i

Geforce 8800GTX

2 GB Corsair twin2x pc 6400 ddr 800

Sound Blaster Fatal1ty

Intel core 2 duo e 6600

xMstr_Chiefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xMstr_Chiefx
bump
Avatar image for Generalkill8888
Generalkill8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Generalkill8888
Member since 2004 • 5305 Posts

I just finished completing my first "high end rig" build. However, I have a question. Every time I start up the computer, I am prompted to "press F1 to continue, Del to enter setup". This was great the first post, but its annoying when I want to turn on the computer, and walk away while it starts. I'm sure this is a very stupid question, as I have come this far, yet it is quite frustrating. Any easy fix to this?

Also, for some reason, several of the lights on the front of my case, IE: HDD light, power light, etc, are not working. I have them plugged in correctly, at least to my knowledge. However, the problem with the case power light is that it is a 3 prong plug, while the alotted location on the mobo is a 2 prong plug. The mobo book says to cut it in half, and put each individual plug in its respective place, how on earth do I do that without damaging something? Thanks guys!

PC specs:

Thermaltake Armor: Black

Evga Nforce 680i

Geforce 8800GTX

2 GB Corsair twin2x pc 6400 ddr 800

Sound Blaster Fatal1ty

Intel core 2 duo e 6600

xMstr_Chiefx
Thats really scary! You have the same specs as I do, Cept I have an E6300. Good choice on all your parts.
xMstr_Chiefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xMstr_Chiefx
Yeah, so far its working well.  A few issues on some games, but that is probably a vista issue.
_Dark_Knight_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 _Dark_Knight_
Member since 2004 • 115 Posts
Sweet setup, 9.5/10 (Would give it 10 if it had dual 8800's). To answer you questions, 1) have you tried going into setup menu to stop the messege from coming up? 2) I would concult a expert or look at some tutorials online to get you mobo hooked up properly, but sometimes the plugs that need to be seperated just slide apart.
xMstr_Chiefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xMstr_Chiefx

I have tried alot of things in the bios, i figured it was the boot order, but i changed the combinations of that and still no luck.  It is driving me nuts.  It must have a simple fix, I just don't know it

ch5richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ch5richards
Member since 2005 • 2912 Posts
I have exact case and motherboard. You can remove one of the pins from the far left or right and slide it into the middle slot. Just examine it closely and you will see how. I used a pocket knife to raise the tab just a bit and then was able to pull it out.
xMstr_Chiefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xMstr_Chiefx

Awesome, thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. 

But noone knows how to bypass that message on the bootup?

ch5richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ch5richards
Member since 2005 • 2912 Posts
In BIOS (I think) in the first section there will be an option like Halt on or something like that. Just set it to none. I will check mine and post back if I am way wrong.

I just checked it is      Standard CMOS features ***** Halt on **** No errors (or whatever setting you want)
0utc4st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 0utc4st
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts

Should have waited for the April 22nd price cuts.

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/news.php?tid=735045&starttime=0&endtime=0