is there a way i can connect my hdmi to a vga input with adapters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smurfah15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 smurfah15
Member since 2005 • 407 Posts

i know there are DVI-hdmi , but do they have D-sub 15 pin - hdmi? my owners manual of my tv said that hdmi was a addon(I can swap these boxes at the back of my tv for other inputs) but the tv i bought last week was discontinued since november and the customer service # don't work

and for the back ground I got the tv from future shop , but don't have a link right now just search up digimate 32", or DGL3201

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 cspiffo
Member since 2005 • 2841 Posts

i know there are DVI-hdmi , but do they have D-sub 15 pin - hdmi? my owners manual of my tv said that hdmi was a addon(I can swap these boxes at the back of my tv for other inputs) but the tv i bought last week was discontinued since november and the customer service # don't work

and for the back ground I got the tv from future shop , but don't have a link right now just search up digimate 32", or DGL3201

smurfah15

There are HDMI to VGA converters. They cost $200 or more though!

Here's a couple:

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/product.php?productid=16544

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/HDMI-VGA-CONVERTER-139-.htm

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Well, to clarify converting DVI/HDMI to VGA is easy. It's the conversion of a VGA source to a DVI or HDMI input that's hard and requires the expensive adpaters cspiffo is talking about.

What is your video source? If it's a computer, I'd look at purchasing a video card with a DVI output before looking into anything else. If it's a laptop, check out the docking stations that are available for it. Many laptop docking stations will add a DVI port to your laptop. If it's an Xbox 360, just use the component outputs instead.

-Byshop