is my PC overkill ? CPU bottleneck ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hydrolex (1454 posts) -

i5 3750 stock

16gb Ram

GTX 670 SLI stock

I feel like I wasted my money on the GTX 670 sli, one was enough ! and not many games are coming out for PC anyways :-((

by the time good games come out, there will be better graphic cards too

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -
For a single 1080P monitor? Yes. And lol @ getting a 3570
#3 Posted by Hydrolex (1454 posts) -

For a single 1080P monitor? Yes. And lol @ getting a 3570MonsieurX

well everyone was telling me i5 2500 is all you need for gaming... lol

#4 Posted by Horgen (110001 posts) -
If those are the 4GB versions, then you are set for years to come I believe. Unless there is a huge increase in graphics when next gen consoles are released.
#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]For a single 1080P monitor? Yes. And lol @ getting a 3570Hydrolex

Might as well the 3570K for extra performance
#6 Posted by 04dcarraher (19142 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hydrolex"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]For a single 1080P monitor? Yes. And lol @ getting a 3570MonsieurX

Might as well the 3570K for extra performance

only if you plan on overclocking
#7 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]For a single 1080P monitor? Yes. And lol @ getting a 3570Hydrolex

He wasn't laughing at the 3570 as in saying that it's weak for gaming.  In fact, it's very strong for gaming, as is a 2500.  I think he was laughing at the fact that you didn't get the "k" version, which can be overclocked.  That can add a LOT more performance, especially when running a dual-gpu setup.  

#8 Posted by Blistrax (1071 posts) -

Yeah, they say that, and if you're watching your pennies it's true, but more is better I have found. That two percent FPS might be enough to make Crysis playable, and that extra oomph in the CPU might smooth out that laggy level that's been plaguing you or do PhysX. I got the 2500, and it is good enough, but it still bogs down in the Crysis CPU benchmark. I even noticed an improvement with tighter memory timings. Every little bit helps. Don't feel like you wasted every cent of the extra money.
#9 Posted by Hydrolex (1454 posts) -

it is actually K

I didn't know what K was, but I don't know how to overclock and stuff lol, don't wanna fry the computer

#10 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
At least you could max out Crysis 3. Tee hee! It's not overkill. You'll get 60fps+ on 1080p/1200p. If I were you, I would invest in a higher resolution monitor. They have IPS+120hz monitiors that are sick.
#11 Posted by luxl85 (4 posts) -
If those are the 4GB versions, then you are set for years to come I believe. Unless there is a huge increase in graphics when next gen consoles are released. horgen123
Yes you are right, add a lager memory stick is more helpful for many games .
#12 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

it is actually K

I didn't know what K was, but I don't know how to overclock and stuff lol, don't wanna fry the computer

Hydrolex

It's not hard at all and overclocking the cpu will remove the bottleneck. Also GTX 670 SLI isn't a waste, I'm close to being there as well!

#13 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9075 posts) -

Far from a waste. There are quite a few games that will eat 2 GTX 670's. 2013 is a big year for graphics.

#14 Posted by MK-Professor (3666 posts) -

i5 3750 stock

16gb Ram

GTX 670 SLI stock

I feel like I wasted my money on the GTX 670 sli, one was enough ! and not many games are coming out for PC anyways :-((

by the time good games come out, there will be better graphic cards too

Hydrolex

hm?

#15 Posted by FaustArp (1038 posts) -

Not wasteful at all, but I'd run a benchmark in Hitman Absolution (if you own it); the game is very CPU intensive and has a benchmarking tool.

If you aren't getting near 60 FPS might wanna think about OCing the CPU.  It's really not that hard.

#16 Posted by kraken2109 (12964 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"]If those are the 4GB versions, then you are set for years to come I believe. Unless there is a huge increase in graphics when next gen consoles are released. luxl85
Yes you are right, add a lager memory stick is more helpful for many games .

He's talking about VRAM