Is Morrowind still awesome? How about Gothic 3 or Risen? and Fallout 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sebas117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sebas117
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

I've never played Morrowind and I want an awesome game. I have $100 and and as one of the games I'm getting, I'm considering Morrowind. So can anybody tell me if Morrowind is still awesome and BTW I know how to mod. Also which is better Gothic 3 or Risen? One more thing I'm considering Fallout 3 GOTY but the prob is that I've played it for the ps3 and I might get bored of it fast, so guys please help me on this.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

Morrowind is always awesome. Make sure you get the Wrye Mash mod tool if you decide to add mods to it.

I don't know what you're expecting, but this is a good thing to read if you know anything at all about Oblivion:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind_for_Oblivion_Players

sebas117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sebas117

I already have Oblivion.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Angry_Beaver

I already have Oblivion.

sebas117

The page I linked to compares them. They really are quite different. I'm just trying to make sure you don't end up disappointed. :) I prefer unmodded Morrowind immensely over unmodded Oblivion, but for many, especially those who played Oblivion first, Morrowind can seem too... well, I can't think of a good word for it, but maybe "old-fashioned".

Haven't done much of anything in Gothic 3, though I got it because I saw it compared to Morrowind at some point.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Morrowind = awesome and better then Oblivion

Risen = Awesome

Gothic3 = Fantastic since the latest updates... when it first came out it was pretty bad, but with all the new patches its been awesome!

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Morrowind is a great game....I'm going to play it again now, bought the GotY Edition for like $3 at the end of the year off Steam :o

BLUBBBER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BLUBBBER
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

The combat in Morrowind ruined it for me. Other than that, it was way more immersive than Oblivion, although I still prefer Oblivion mods better and rather play that game instead

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts

Morrowind was never awesome. In fact, it is one of the most overhyped pieces of mediocrity ever foisted on the consumer. The game is crushingly dull. Combat is bland, levelling is unbalanced, NPCs have zero personality, quests are simplistic fetch and carry, and you actions have zero repercussions on the game world.

Avoid it at all costs.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Morrowind is a godly game. It also has a seemingly infinite amount of mods. There are mods that give it the best water graphics I've ever seen in any videogame, mods that turn the world into very populated place with adventurers, mods that add expansion-worthy questlines, etc. There's so much to the game I don't even know where to start.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

If you want to play a newer game, Risen is great. It's more focused than Gothic 3. You'll miss out on the amazing mods and character customization if you choose it over Oblivion or Morrowind, but Risen is a solid rpg game without mods. It was my favorite rpg of 2009.

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts

Wait for New Vegas and buy Dragon Age instead :P

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

Morrowind was never awesome. In fact, it is one of the most overhyped pieces of mediocrity ever foisted on the consumer. The game is crushingly dull. Combat is bland, levelling is unbalanced, NPCs have zero personality, quests are simplistic fetch and carry, and you actions have zero repercussions on the game world.

Avoid it at all costs.bogaty

I wouldn't even bother reading this dude's post. He clearly has no concept of the game he is talking about.

Would buy Morrowind first. I've heard some decent things about Risen. Heard terrible things about Gothic 3. And Fallout 3 was not what it's hyped up to be.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="bogaty"]

Avoid it at all costs.DasVolks

I wouldn't even bother reading this dude's post. He clearly has no concept of the game he is talking about.

Would buy Morrowind first. I've heard some decent things about Risen. Heard terrible things about Gothic 3. And Fallout 3 was not what it's hyped up to be.

Yeah, clueless. I'm more impressed with Morrowind today, than I was with it in 2002. It truly holds it's own...it's a very great game in a truly unique world. Throw in all the graphical and environmental mods and you have a gem.

Still, for the newcomer, games like Risen would be much easier to get into. Mods can be overwhelming if you are new to them.

nevralgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nevralgo
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts
Morrowind is a "must have" game. If you have never played it before, you should definitely get it. Now for the second game, I'm split between Risen and Fallout, and that's mostly due to the fact, that I'm a big fallout fan. But since you've played Fallout 3, you should probably go for Risen.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
Morrowind is fantastic. Dated, sure, but the world is still amazingly complex and detailed - definitely moreso than Oblivion. Gothic 3 and Risen are both really good too (G3 particularly after patching). Gothic 3 has three huge beautiful continents to explore and is just super-mega-epic, while Risen is smaller but definitely more user-friendly and detailed, so they're both worth playing. Fallout 3 is the weakest of the pack, featuring a boring game world and a very disappointing story. There's still fun to be had and the combat is addictive, but I don't think I could recommend it above the other games.
NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
Morrowind - Great Game + Great Soundtrack + Graphics Enhancement Mods = Excellent I heard Gothic 3 has a lot of bugs and glitches.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I heard Gothic 3 has a lot of bugs and glitches.NoctisCaelum52

Community patches have fixed those, finally making the game stable.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Morrowind - Great Game + Great Soundtrack + Graphics Enhancement Mods = Excellent I heard Gothic 3 has a lot of bugs and glitches.NoctisCaelum52

When the game first came out yes thsi was true....

But since then there has been some AMAZING community patches that have fixed things up and it now runs great and is alot of fun to play

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AFBrat77

Avoid it at all costs.

bogaty

way-off base!

you should get Morrowind GotY Edition and install these simple mods:

Daggerfall music Pack (adds 7 music pieces from Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall to Morrowind, trust me, you need the variety)

Fair Magicka Regen(this allows you to recover mana at a slow rate, as opposed to not at all, VERY usefull)

mr_van_halen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 mr_van_halen
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Morrowind is a peace of art! I was playing it for more than a year and still didn't solve all the missions and reveal the all continent (with all the expansion packs).

I would really recommend on using mods, there are lots of them and they are really expanding the experience.

I remember the Giants mod, Wilderness mod, the UT mod was awesome!!

About risen, very good game, not that polished, but better then the Gothic series.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#21 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Ugh dont buy morrowind its really boing and hardbuy elder scrolls oblivion instead its so much more fun and enjoyable

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AFBrat77

Ugh dont buy morrowind its really boing and hardbuy elder scrolls oblivion instead its so much more fun and enjoyable

Darksonic666

haha I'm certain you just said that to stir up the pot. I can tell by the way you worded things.

sebas117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sebas117

Is Gothic 3 worth the $15?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
If fallout 3 goty is out, why would ever buy an older game? Anyway if you found fallout 3 borring or hard to follow then i can gurantee that you will die by boredom in morowind and gothic 3. I never finished either i just drop them after a reasonable amount of hours. Risen is good but a bit advanced in combat for some people.

Avoid it at all costs.

bogaty
To be honest i also found Morrowind an overhyped Mediocre game, many magazines comented in the poor design and how much it lacked in the audio factor, also felt pretty dull to me and the npcs had zero personallity, i cant comment on the rest though.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dakan45

Is Gothic 3 worth the $15?

sebas117
Not really, id say that two worlds worths more than gothic 3. If you wanna play a gothic game, dont play gothic 3 play Risen its a much better game.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Morrowind is still as amazing and fun to play as it was in 2002.

Gothic 3is a great game, but not as brilliant as the first two Gothic.

Risen is almost as good as the first two Gothic in the first half, but it's a little worse than Gothic 3 in the second half.

Fallout 3 is the weakest RPG of that list, but it's a fun game to play.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#27 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"]

haha I'm certain you just said that to stir up the pot. I can tell by the way you worded things.

Um no I really dont like the game thats all
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"]

Darksonic666

Um no I really dont like the game thats all

Same here, i played morrowind first and i was deathbored, i swear the god that game does nothing to make you keeep playing it hardly care. On the other hand oblivion was fun for many many hours.

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bogaty

Same with me. Morrowind was a nicely designed bit of geography that the game devs forgot to populate with anything in the way of personalities, story, or interaction. On top of that they lobotomized the Daggerfall engine in order to appeal to the console jockeys. Oblivion, despite begin even further stripped of choice, was a much better game. Gothic III is still much better than either of them.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

I agree for the most part that Oblivion is a better game than Morrowind, but there were parts of Morrowind that would have been nice to see in Oblivion - like functioning forts and the plethora of towns and villages that populated Morrowind.

Risen is a great game

Gothic 3 is a great game

Fallout 3 is a great game.

In fact - you can't go wrong with any of them, including Morrowind

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Angry_Beaver

I prefer Morrowind over Oblivion and think it (Morrowind) is definitely the better game, but anyone who's disappointed with any aspect of either, and who also owns the PC version, can mod either game to the point that they'll like it. Try TESNexus and PlanetElderScrolls for mods.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#32 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Same with me. Morrowind was a nicely designed bit of geography that the game devs forgot to populate with anything in the way of personalities, story, or interaction. On top of that they lobotomized the Daggerfall engine in order to appeal to the console jockeys. Oblivion, despite begin even further stripped of choice, was a much better game. Gothic III is still much better than either of them.

bogaty

I think you have Oblivion and Morrowind confused. Oblivion's story is better than Morrowind's? Maybe one of Oblivion's side quests storylines has better highlights but the main quest in Oblivion is devoid of any highlights.

Also I don't know what kind of interaction you're speaking of. There are quests where you have to follow people around and you spend 30 minutes watching them sweep the same square for 10 ingame hours. Theres also the urgency of going to Kvatch where it doesn't matter if you show up 2 miinutes after you get the news or 100 real life hours (which is countless game time) you will see the same thing happening.

I would take a game with poor combat and older graphics over a game with less spells, less factions, a randomly generated generic world, leveled creatures, no reason for exploration, less weapons/armor, no reason for role playing (you can become head of the mages guild without casting a single spell.) and no reprocussions for role playing (in morrowind if you pissed off a rival family, faction then you won't be able to join them ever.)

There are mods for Morrowind that make the NPCs more interesting and populate the world more...there are no mods for Oblivion that make it a better role playing experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 190586385885857957282413308806
I'd pick Morrowind first but you will more than likely have to mod it. I'm a bit bias against Gothic 3. I started playing it as it was released and it was a buggy mess so i stopped and wanted to wait for the patches. so I picked up the patches and it voided my game save where I had 20 hours or so devoted to the game. I moved on and haven't played the game since. So I really can't comment on that game. Did like Risen though and that had me hooked from start to finish. Fallout 3 isn't bad either.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dakan45

There are mods for Morrowind that make the NPCs more interesting and populate the world more...there are no mods for Oblivion that make it a better role playing experience.smerlus
Ehhh, no just no by all means no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 190586385885857957282413308806

[QUOTE="smerlus"]There are mods for Morrowind that make the NPCs more interesting and populate the world more...there are no mods for Oblivion that make it a better role playing experience.dakan45

you're right. there are mods that fix the leveling but it doesn't make any of the story/factions more interesting
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="smerlus"]There are mods for Morrowind that make the NPCs more interesting and populate the world more...there are no mods for Oblivion that make it a better role playing experience.smerlus

you're right. there are mods that fix the leveling but it doesn't make any of the story/factions more interesting

The factions in mororwind were the same as oblivion, "well designed sidequests" and by that i mean that they were better than the sidequests of other games such mass effect. SPOILERS The story? It was not much about the story as for what the story was about. A cult trying to take down the empire and opening hellgates under the name of lord Dagon was definetly a unique idea for a medieval rpg. Just google Dagon and cthulhu mythos. Also the developers add epic quests early i the game to immerse the player and make him keep playig. The intro was epic, you meet the emperor, he is assasinated and you have to find his son and take him to cloud ruler temple, plus close the hellgate in Kvatch. On the other hand in morrowind the begining was boring as hell with pretty basic things. I just got deathbored and felt no sense of epicness overal.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Buy Gothic 3 before Risen because it's cheaper. But in the end buy both.
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="smerlus"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Ehhh, no just no by all means no.

dakan45

The factions in mororwind were the same as oblivion, "well designed sidequests" and by that i mean that they were better than the sidequests of other games such mass effect. SPOILERS The story? It was not much about the story as for what the story was about. A cult trying to take down the empire and opening hellgates under the name of lord Dagon was definetly a unique idea for a medieval rpg. Just google Dagon and cthulhu mythos. Also the developers add epic quests early i the game to immerse the player and make him keep playig. The intro was epic, you meet the emperor, he is assasinated and you have to find his son and take him to cloud ruler temple, plus close the hellgate in Kvatch. On the other hand in morrowind the begining was boring as hell with pretty basic things. I just got deathbored and felt no sense of epicness overal.

Basically if you want direction and "quest helper" type systems Oblivion is your game, Morrowind on the other hand drops you in the world and forces you to figure it out.

Morrowind is vastly superior IMO, the world was more custom and the unique items were hand placed and in unique locations... Oblivion just felt drab and copy/paste. Morrowind music is amazing in comparison as well.

Now, combine the combat system from Oblivion with the depth and choice in Morrowind and that would be an amazing game.

So basically:

Morrowind is for the more hard core open world RPG fan

Oblivion is for the hybrid action/rpg fan that likes a little more direction in their game

50 hours in Morrowind is far better and provides that "epic" feeling.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="smerlus"] you're right. there are mods that fix the leveling but it doesn't make any of the story/factions more interestinghaberman13

Basically if you want direction and "quest helper" type systems Oblivion is your game, Morrowind on the other hand drops you in the world and forces you to figure it out.

Morrowind is vastly superior IMO, the world was more custom and the unique items were hand placed and in unique locations... Oblivion just felt drab and copy/paste. Morrowind music is amazing in comparison as well.

Now, combine the combat system from Oblivion with the depth and choice in Morrowind and that would be an amazing game.

Oblivion >morrowind for me and by far. But i dont undertand the " oblivion world felt like a copy/paste" To me also morrowind felt like copy paste, just like oblivion it had repettive dungeons. I dont see why morrowidn was any better like "unique locations" Infacty i believe fallout 3 was the one that had "unique locations" But as you said oblivion told you what to do, morrowind told you " sooo, this is the game, now i'll be going, have fun!!" ..... Instead i got bored from the lack of attraction, it just did not made me to wanna keep playing, it felt meanigless without a purpuse. Same goes for gothic 3.
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 haberman13

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] The factions in mororwind were the same as oblivion, "well designed sidequests" and by that i mean that they were better than the sidequests of other games such mass effect. SPOILERS The story? It was not much about the story as for what the story was about. A cult trying to take down the empire and opening hellgates under the name of lord Dagon was definetly a unique idea for a medieval rpg. Just google Dagon and cthulhu mythos. Also the developers add epic quests early i the game to immerse the player and make him keep playig. The intro was epic, you meet the emperor, he is assasinated and you have to find his son and take him to cloud ruler temple, plus close the hellgate in Kvatch. On the other hand in morrowind the begining was boring as hell with pretty basic things. I just got deathbored and felt no sense of epicness overal.dakan45

Oblivion >morrowind for me and by far. But i dont undertand the " oblivion world felt like a copy/paste" To me also morrowind felt like copy paste, just like oblivion it had repettive dungeons. I dont see why morrowidn was any better like "unique locations" Infacty i believe fallout 3 was the one that had "unique locations" But as you said oblivion told you what to do, morrowind told you " sooo, this is the game, now i'll be going, have fun!!" ..... Instead i got bored from the lack of attraction, it just did not made me to wanna keep playing, it felt meanigless without a purpuse. Same goes for gothic 3.

The Oblivion land and dungeons were created by a land generator, Morrowind was quite literally hand created. This becomes obvious the more you explore.

I understand your feeling though, Oblivion did have the combat nailed. I consider myself a hardcore RPG fan, so I love the "dropped off, now figure it out" idea, in fact the lack of that in Oblivion made me drop the game prematurely.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dakan45
Honestly i dive into the water in morrowind and i find a dungeon. nothing impressive just another dungeon like all the others. Or you are reffering to unique items found in those dungeons?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 190586385885857957282413308806
The factions in mororwind were the same as oblivion, "well designed sidequests" and by that i mean that they were better than the sidequests of other games such mass effect. SPOILERS The story? It was not much about the story as for what the story was about. A cult trying to take down the empire and opening hellgates under the name of lord Dagon was definetly a unique idea for a medieval rpg. Just google Dagon and cthulhu mythos. Also the developers add epic quests early i the game to immerse the player and make him keep playig. The intro was epic, you meet the emperor, he is assasinated and you have to find his son and take him to cloud ruler temple, plus close the hellgate in Kvatch. On the other hand in morrowind the begining was boring as hell with pretty basic things. I just got deathbored and felt no sense of epicness overal.dakan45
actually there were less factions. You had the competing families in Morrowind and you also had the different vampire clans. Plus in Morrowind, if you wanted to be head of the mages guild, you were supposed to be character that can at least cast some spells. Lastly the families and factions competed against one another in Morrowind. If you had a quest from the theives guild to steal something from the mages guild you'd better do it right or if you get caught you can be kicked from the mages guild or banned forever. Also I think you're looking into the name too much. there is no doubt that Oblivion has some HP Lovecraft easter eggs in it but the full name of the Daedric Prince is Mehrunes Dagon. He really doesn't look anything like Lovecraft's Dagon that the lore behind the two are somewhat different. I'll agree that Morrowind doesn't suck people in right away unless you like the unknown which i did. but the deeper you get into the story. The ambiguity if you are a ressurected demi god or not and the quests toward the end of the game are equal if not better to anything Oblivion has to offer.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dakan45
All correct. Yeah morrowind had more factions, yeah about the dedric prince and es oblivion ending was crap.
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 haberman13

Honestly i dive into the water in morrowind and i find a dungeon. nothing impressive just another dungeon like all the others. Or you are reffering to unique items found in those dungeons?dakan45

Quite literally everything is hand placed, so its worth searching the entire world for random powerful items.

In Oblivion, the dungeons were generated by an algorithm that placed a % chance to find something in the last chest of the dungeon, which made it feel like Diablo to me where I could just farm one area and find new things all the time.. it made the game feel cheap to me. I hear there are statically placed items, but I don't know how to differentiate between the static and generated.

The dungeons were the same way (physical layout), in Oblivion they are generated, so they all feel the same ... In morrowind, while they may have the same textures, the layout was completely unique to each dungeon.

Other little things, like the homoginizing of the armor, removal of weapons and skills and the hack job on the factions made Oblivion feel just cheap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 190586385885857957282413308806
Honestly i dive into the water in morrowind and i find a dungeon. nothing impressive just another dungeon like all the others. Or you are reffering to unique items found in those dungeons?dakan45
if you read up on how the two games were designed you'd see some differences. Morrowind, of course, uses a toolset but each location was hand crafted so the only reason those locations look familiar is because you see the same toolset pieces throughout the whole game. Oblivion on the other hand has more or less a dozen different handcraft locations that are randomly spread throughout the game and are randomly populated by chests, props and monsters. The reason caves/ oblivion gates and ruins have that sense of deja vu is because you've actually been in a cave or three built just like it with different monsters and chests. In terms of preference I liked the Daedric shrines and Dunmer tombs in Morrowind more than the sterile ruins and copied caves of Oblivion but that's based on my opinion. The unique loot is just an added bonus as it's great to come across a unique Daedric Mask, or special weapon/armor... In fact I think the best thing I found in the game was the Dunmer's original version of their religion in some isolated coastal shack.
Avatar image for positivebalance
positivebalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 positivebalance
Member since 2010 • 2352 Posts

Morrowind is an amazing, beautiful, deep game. i really need to find my copy and GOTY discs as well...:(

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 haberman13

Morrowind + MGE brings the game into 2010 and retains the epic feeling it had in 2002. Still one of the best games around 8 years later lol.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#48 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Morrowind is always awesome.

Angry_Beaver

^^ This.

Also, you should at least check out Galsiah's Character Leveling mod before you start a game. IMO it makes the games so much more fun, and so much more immersive. My one qualm about TES games are their character progression system, and how it feels very unnatural. This mod changes it to make your character progress much more logically, and you will not have to rely on paper+pen to know when you'll have to sleep in order to get the max bonus' for leveling.

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bogaty

So basically:

Morrowind is for the more hard core open world RPG fan

Oblivion is for the hybrid action/rpg fan that likes a little more direction in their game

50 hours in Morrowind is far better and provides that "epic" feeling.

haberman13

They're both relatively shallow, reatime clickfests with very little in the way of roleplaying, but at least Oblivion owns up to it and the designers tailored the game around the fact.