IPS monitor what should I buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

Sorry for the second thread but the first one I didn't know much about monitors and it kinda derailed so I need a suggestion on a monitor I plan on using for photo editing and gaming. I'm thinking about getting a 5ms response time screen because any higher I would notice input lag. Probably around 24-27 inch should be fine.

What IPS display should I get? The LG monitors seem like a good deal thinking about getting those.

My budget is $250.

I measured my desk and the height is about 19 and a half inches. The total height should not exceed that otherwise id be in a pickle.

Take note that I'm not agenst other panel types at all. I just really want a monitor that doesn't have that "glow effect" if you know what I mean.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

Just tossing out three different models for you to take a look at.

While just a bit over your budget, have you looked at the ASUS MX279H 27-Inch monitor? For the money, it's a solid all around IPS panel. We've got two of them in the house which my son and wife use as their everyday, everything displays. The picture looks great, and it's fast enough for gaming. If you're looking for a good LG, then the 27MP65HQ is a great choice. A good friend of mine right down the street has 3 of them set up and they look great in everything that they do. While a bit more expensive than the ASUS, you can occasionally find it on sale for about the price your looking to spend. If you're wanting to stay under that $250 mark, I've heard nothing but good things about the Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-Inch monitor. Strangely, it doesn't come with a hdmi port, but it does have a display port and dvi connection.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

I caved and bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160201 but im interested in getting a second monitor in a few weeks so ill check out those models you suggested.