Insurgency the new Rainbow 6 three for the next Generation.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

awi5951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By awi5951
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I picked this game up on steam sale and i have to say it brings the old fear i had in hardcore shooters that i haven't felt since rainbow 6 three and ghost recon 2. This is what a shooter should be not holding down the button and spaying your way to victory. This game is like the old shooter you better aim and you better use careful burst fire or you are dead. I love having to go back to the days where you and your team had to carefully clear the room or area because you don't have time to turn around and spray and still win. In this game 1 or 3 shots and your dead, you're out say good night. You can respawn if your alive teammates capture a point( suck on that snipers you have to play the objective for once). Great game a huge and beautiful throwback to the great shooters and i have put Call of duty and Battlefield 4 down for a good long time because of it. And you can buy this game on steam for 10 dollars you cant beat that.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Damn, this game's great. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm usually not one for FPSes online but I love the realistic feel. Great sound design too.

Appreciate it!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58962 Posts

Eh, not really rainbow 6. Still good though.

Seige looks like it going to be a proper (i.e. not Gears Of Wars with Terrorists) game. But Ubisoft will most likely spam it with DLC or find some way to **** it up.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I picked it up, along with my GF, but we haven't got around to playing it yet.

I was wanting something a bit more slower paced than most of the newer stuff.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Can't limit yourself to just one annoying promotional thread in a day I see.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Seige looks like it going to be a proper (i.e. not Gears Of Wars with Terrorists) game. But Ubisoft will most likely spam it with DLC or find some way to **** it up.

If Ubi touches it the game will suck in some way or another or it will be a DRM/bullshit fest stuffed with unecessary DLC. They're going to have to make a damn near perfect game before I'll touch it.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Eh, I don't see us getting a proper RS from Ubisoft ever again. It's too niche for them now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Cwagmire21 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Eh, I don't see us getting a proper RS from Ubisoft ever again. It's too niche for them now.

I was just playing Might And Magic X a few minutes ago. Played like a game from 1993 with 2011 graphics. Ubisoft published this and (as far as I'm aware) owns the rights to Might And Magic.

Likewise, Ubisoft (mostly) fixed Splinter Cell. Blacklist is arguably the best one since Chaos Theory.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Likewise, Ubisoft (mostly) fixed Splinter Cell. Blacklist is arguably the best one since Chaos Theory.

LOL. no just no.

its even worse than conviction.

and regarding new rainbow six. it looks nothing like classic games. i mean Heavy focus on MP, they also put regen health, iron sights...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@system-reboot said:

@uninspiredcup said:

LOL. no just no.

and regarding new rainbow six. it looks nothing like classic games. i mean Heavy focus on MP, they also put regen health, iron sights...

Hate to tell you friend, aside from from being wrong about Blacklist, you are also wrong about Rainbow 6.

It was one of the leading titles on gamespy, MSNgaming and Mplayer. And partly the reason Counterstrike exists.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@system-reboot said:

@uninspiredcup said:

LOL. no just no.

Hate to tell you friend, aside from from being wrong about Blacklist, you are also wrong about Rainbow 6.

It was one of the leading titles on gamespy, MSNgaming and Mplayer. And partly the reason Counterstrike exists.

1. Atleast i manage to complete conviction while i cant even complete blacklist. it doesnot even feel like im playing as sam fisher. just some generic random dude. beside from that. level design are AWFUL!!. not to mention the forced FPS section (and poorly done)

2. Regarding rainbow six, i will wait and see more. but so far i have seen nothing make me feel like want to play. and dissapointed by Heavy MP focus. it will overshadow single player and will probably suffer from Bad AI for both squad mate and enemies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

I understand how we are all sad the Ironside was replaced with Shepard but the gameplay is indeed far superior when "easy as ****" mod is off.

In regards to "seige" ersonally, I suspect that the multiplayer focus will work in PC's favor, as piracy becomes less of an issue as it would with a single player game (lets not bla bla about how it doesn't). Looking closely at the e3 launch footage, it wasn't just being demonstrated with a pc, it was running with a mouse and keyboard.

Team focused games seem to be more popular on pc than consoles. Payday 2, Countersike: Go, dota e.t.c...

Watching the angry joe interview (which was very good) the Ubisoft man outright said people had been wanting a "real" rainbow 6 game. While Angry Joe (terrible interview) talked complete nonsense about face scans and xbox.

Loading Video...

I like Angry Joe, he seems genuinely enthusiastic but he needs to shut the **** up now and again, constantly interrupting them when they attempted to talk.