msaknisabri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By msaknisabri
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Whenever I search the net for new games, it feels like I already played everything.

I need some good games that are either :

- Single Player FPS with good action (Such as Far Cry 3) and futuristic weapons (like Crysis)

- RTS / RPG Hybrids such as Spellforce, Warcraft or Warlords Battlecry with a single player campaign that would keep me busy for a good time.

- RPG Games with either freedom (such as any Elder Scrolls or Fallout game) or good combat (such as Dragon Age Origins). It must have freedom in building your own character. I already played Kingdom of Amalur, any TES game, Fallout, The Witcher, Divinity Original Sin, Dragon Age, Neverwinter Night

- Maybe some Free 2 Play MMO games (I mostly play battlefield 3 and LoL but I don't think I'd play any game similar to those)

BTW, does anyone knows if there is a Space Sim / FPS / RPG hybrid game with the freedom to explore planets and land on them or it doesn't exist ?

Thanks,

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

You'll probably have played a bunch of the games I'm about to mention, so sorry in advanced for those. That being said:

Mass Effect? It's not FPS but it has a great story and solid combat. Dark Souls is always on the top of my recommendations too. For F2P MMOs I suggest Tera, Rift or Star Wars: The Old Republic. Maybe Planetside 2, Warframe or Team Fortress 2 would be cool (or, straying a bit from what you're asking for, Left 4 Dead 2). Purely for the gameplay I'd also recommend Dishonored.

Also, have you checked out "indie" games like Bastion, Brothers or Child of Light? These games usually don't fail to amaze and look beautiful without the need for particularly good hardware.

Regarding the last bit, it sounds like you want something similar to what No Man's Sky seems to be offering, but we'll know more the closer we get to its release :D

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@msaknisabri said:

Whenever I search the net for new games, it feels like I already played everything.

- Single Player FPS with good action (Such as Far Cry 3) and futuristic weapons (like Crysis)

- RTS / RPG Hybrids such as Spellforce, Warcraft or Warlords Battlecry with a single player campaign that would keep me busy for a good time.

- RPG Games with either freedom (such as any Elder Scrolls or Fallout game) or good combat (such as Dragon Age Origins). It must have freedom in building your own character. I already played Kingdom of Amalur, any TES game, Fallout, The Witcher, Divinity Original Sin, Dragon Age, Neverwinter Night

- Maybe some Free 2 Play MMO games (I mostly play battlefield 3 and LoL but I don't think I'd play any game similar to those)

BTW, does anyone knows if there is a Space Sim / FPS / RPG hybrid game with the freedom to explore planets and land on them or it doesn't exist ?

Thanks,

for single player fps I really like wolfenstein, it doesn't have any futuristic weapons though. Borderlands is really nice imo , but you have to like the art style.

Rts i don't play and as for rpg, well if you haven't played dark souls then you're in the same boat as all of us, there are no recent good rpg's besides that. The mass effect series are pretty nice too though, but you probably played them too.

as for space sim fps/rpg then you have to wait till star citizen and no man's sky, which both release next year

msaknisabri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 msaknisabri
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

You'll probably have played a bunch of the games I'm about to mention, so sorry in advanced for those. That being said:

Mass Effect? It's not FPS but it has a great story and solid combat. Dark Souls is always on the top of my recommendations too. For F2P MMOs I suggest Tera, Rift or Star Wars: The Old Republic. Maybe Planetside 2, Warframe or Team Fortress 2 would be cool (or, straying a bit from what you're asking for, Left 4 Dead 2). Purely for the gameplay I'd also recommend Dishonored.

Also, have you checked out "indie" games like Bastion, Brothers or Child of Light? These games usually don't fail to amaze and look beautiful without the need for particularly good hardware.

Regarding the last bit, it sounds like you want something similar to what No Man's Sky seems to be offering, but we'll know more the closer we get to its release :D

Yeah, already played Mass Effect, Rift, Warframe, TF2 and Dark Souls, I'll try the rest though, especially the indie games.

@msaknisabri said:

Thanks,

for single player fps I really like wolfenstein, it doesn't have any futuristic weapons though. Borderlands is really nice imo , but you have to like the art style.

Rts i don't play and as for rpg, well if you haven't played dark souls then you're in the same boat as all of us, there are no recent good rpg's besides that. The mass effect series are pretty nice too though, but you probably played them too.

as for space sim fps/rpg then you have to wait till star citizen and no man's sky, which both release next year

Already played everything you mentionned but Star Citizen and No man's sky seems interessing, I do hope they will be as good as they sounds on paper.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@msaknisabri said:

Loading Video...

15$ on Amazon, Steam, Ubi shop, Green Man Gaming and Humble Bundle.

You can wait for sale I've seen 50% off on him, this game is awesome BTW.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

I am not sure that you will like it but STALKER games are an option (I found futuristic weapons like crysis later in game).

livingundead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 livingundead
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

Possibly Planetary Annihilation? I hear mixed things. It might be 50% off on steam still. Sins of a Solar Empire, Endless SPace, Starbound, Starforge, Eve Online, and Space Engineers are a few I can think of.

For standard RPGs, Child of Light was mentioned. If you're a fan, South Park: The Stick of Truth. If not Costume Quest. They just released an updated version of Baldurs Gate 2. If you don't mind a bit of modding You can look into Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, or STALKER (with Complete or Lost Alpha). If you're looking more into loot grinding then maybe Diablo III/Path of Exile/Torchlight/Grim Dawn.

Not sure if it's your kind of thing but Life is Feudal looks kinda fun.

Worse comes to worse you can always break into your backlog. Hit up some Total Annihilation or Supreme Commander.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

for an rpg if you havent yet, play Two Worlds 2, its a rpg kinda like elder scrolls. Bit of a warning, the main storyline and the ending is garbage, but the side missions and characters are pretty nice. Actually most of the main storyline missions are alright, just the ending mission kinda ruins the game the way they had it play out... but i'd still play the game even knowing that. Character creation is weak in this game though cause your stuck as a male character.

For a shooter with futureistic weapons i'd play Saints Row 4, its not really classed as a shooter, but large parts of the game are shooting in third person, and the character creation and customization is very good. Some of the weapons in this game are really powerful and fun to use.

Bieberfan147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bieberfan147
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts

Try Risen 3

plioip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By plioip
Member since 2012 • 29 Posts

Recommend Crysis. It is a beautiful game.