i need a good free roam rpg

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dark_tatsu (5 posts) -
Im looking for a good free roaming RPG or FPS does anyone have any suggestions? i have a 1.8ghz processor,128MB video card and 1.5GB RAM.
#2 Posted by zerosaber456 (1363 posts) -
I recommnd Deus ex. It's a FPS/RPG Hybrid and the best one at that
#3 Posted by biggest_loser (24141 posts) -

I recommnd Deus ex. It's a FPS/RPG Hybrid and the best one at thatzerosaber456

I second that.

#4 Posted by wslacker2 (1192 posts) -

[QUOTE="zerosaber456"]I recommnd Deus ex. It's a FPS/RPG Hybrid and the best one at thatbiggest_loser

I second that.

Thirded

#5 Posted by fatshodan (2886 posts) -
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

[QUOTE="zerosaber456"]I recommnd Deus ex. It's a FPS/RPG Hybrid and the best one at thatwslacker2

I second that.

Thirded

Wait, Deus Ex is hardly a free roam game. I only played to mission 3, but unless it significantly changes in the latter stages of the game, DX is about as freeroam as F.E.A.R.

That's not to say it's not a great game, but when someone wants a first person shooter, you don't recommend them a flight sim.

Games that better fit your preference (I think):

Boiling Point (large world freeroam FPS/RPG)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R (small world freeroam FPS/RPG)

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (fairly freeroam RPG with FPS elements)

Grand Theft Auto series (freeroam third person)

Just Cause (freeroam third person)

#6 Posted by GodLovesDead (9752 posts) -
Morrowind. I can't recommend this game enough.
#7 Posted by Lilgunney612 (1878 posts) -

oblivion or any of the elder scrolls games are pretty fun RPG's.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R has a bit of freeroaming in it.

#8 Posted by IncipitOmega (594 posts) -
The elder Scrolls ofcourse....and VTM:Bloodlines is pretty good too.
#9 Posted by phase_1337 (41 posts) -

oblivion is hard to beat as is morrowind. Dues Ex is good, but not what i would call free roam...

hope that helps :)

#10 Posted by biggest_loser (24141 posts) -

He's asking for a free roaming RPG or a FPS

Deus Ex is both an RPG and a shooter - not free roaming but at least it has both genres.

#11 Posted by dark_tatsu (5 posts) -
i have played fable and i liked it but the game was to simple i beat it in 2 days time. do you know of anyothers like it though
#12 Posted by fatshodan (2886 posts) -

He's asking for a free roaming RPG or a FPS

Deus Ex is both an RPG and a shooter - not free roaming but at least it has both genres.

biggest_loser

I interpreted his sentence as him wanting a free roaming RPG or a free roaming FPS. That freeroam is what he's after, either in the FPS or RPG genre.

#13 Posted by noswear (3263 posts) -
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. If your pc will run it, which it might not.
#14 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. If your pc will run it, which it might not.noswear

It won't. At least not well and you loose 90% of the atmosphere if you play on low settings.

#15 Posted by Gladestone1 (5577 posts) -
He witcher if you havent played it...Diablo 2 if you havent tried it...Some dont like hellgate but i do...Give that a shot...
#16 Posted by dark_tatsu (5 posts) -
the witcher wont run it requires a 2.5 GHz
#17 Posted by grim1813 (431 posts) -
Any of the Elder Scrolls games. Deus Ex isn't exactly free-roam, but there's tons of choices that you can make, and you can pretty much do anything that you want. Highly recommended.
#18 Posted by ct1615 (733 posts) -

Morrowind. I can't recommend this game enough. GodLovesDead

the morrowind and dues ex series! you wont need an new gamefor months

#19 Posted by TheCrazed420 (7656 posts) -

Witcher isnt freeroam. Deus Ex isnt free roam. Stalker lacks enough rpg elements to qualify.

Morrowind. Gothic 2.

That will keep you busy for a hell of a long time, and both should run well on your system. They are probably 2 of the best rpgs ever as well...:)

#20 Posted by noswear (3263 posts) -

[QUOTE="noswear"]S.T.A.L.K.E.R. If your pc will run it, which it might not.RK-Mara

It won't. At least not well and you loose 90% of the atmosphere if you play on low settings.

oh yeah, i forgot to look at his specs *facepalm*

#21 Posted by Ken1a (359 posts) -
If your looking for FPS with an open world I'd recommend Farcry. One of the most challenging FPS I've played in ages. Also, I haven't tried the Gothic series yet, but it might be worth a look.
#22 Posted by potentv (288 posts) -
I have heard that Two Worlds is very good now after alot of patches, but I am waiting for this new expansion to come out then I will buy them as a package. just not even aware there is a release date for it yet and it should be released in Q2 2008 so I dont know why we dont know the date yet
#23 Posted by dark_tatsu (5 posts) -

If your looking for FPS with an open world I'd recommend Farcry. One of the most challenging FPS I've played in ages. Also, I haven't tried the Gothic series yet, but it might be worth a look.Ken1a

ive played and beaten farcry ;-;

#24 Posted by johnny27 (4400 posts) -
stalker good free roam fps/rpg great game and is defintly worth checking out.
#25 Posted by krymzon45 (1 posts) -
If you want a good free roam game then skip this Deus Ex game and go with Rage or Dead Island. Both titles are filled with great game play and have so many quests that they are sure to keep you entertained for quite some time. Rage and Dead Island are as free roam as Fallout 3 with it's big open world that the players can explore and both titles have driving in them as well so you don't have to walk all day. I highly recomend either one. If you want a free roam world infested with the undead and other messed up infected zombified fools and off the wall weapons then get Dead Island. If you like post apocalyptic scenes with raiders, mutants, bandits etc. then go with rage.
#27 Posted by Shadowhawk000 (3453 posts) -
The thread is 3 years old!
#28 Posted by lge777 (2504 posts) -

Fallout 3 or Fallout new Vegas 19.99 each on steam great games