How to get the 'good' ending in Metro Last Light? (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

When I played Metro 2033, I got the bad ending, even though I felt I did make only 'good' choices throughout the game. I just purchased Metro Last Light, and before starting it, I want to know what exactly I need to do to get the 'good' ending. I don't want to invest several hours in a game, only to find out that I get a crappy ending. I'm asking this here because in Metro games, it isn't really obvious what needs to be done to get the 'good' ending. Please help me out. I don't mind if you reveal minor spoilers here, but please don't reveal either the good or bad ending. Thank you.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funkyzoom

Come on, guys. Please respond.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fae21e61a964
deactivated-5fae21e61a964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5fae21e61a964
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

funkyzoom

http://www.gamefront.com/metro-last-light-how-to-get-the-best-ending/

I also heard something about paying a hundred bullets for property damage; as to where that is, I'm clueless. I also got the bad ending but I killed most everything anyway.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 funkyzoom

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

Sheppard212

I also heard something about paying a hundred bullets for property damage; as to where that is, I'm clueless. I also got the bad ending but I killed most everything anyway.

Thanks a lot! :)

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Unless you really just want to play through it again, you could just watch the good ending on YouTube.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

I've heard it has to be pretty much a pacifist run (anywhere between 5-50 kills max and spare everyone you can). I can almost confirm that because I did nearly every 'good' thing throughout the game (listen to conversations, explore everywhere, give gold, etc), that's pretty much standard after playing 2033, but I still got the standard ending. It's not like 2033 where exploration and conversations get you most of the way. If you kill too many people so that you can explore or rescue, it's overall a negative effect (imo, have no data on this).

It's best not to think of them as 'good' and 'bad' endings; there's just an additional, alternate ending, but a majority of players will get the standard ending. Besides, the game gives you a ton of weapons, a ton of cool ways to dispatch enemies, and some pretty horrific/evil enemies, but it expects you to run through without killing any of them to get the "good" ending? I don't really agree with the developers choice to do this and it really doesn't make sense with the alternate ending. The endings probably should have been switched, based off some dialog overheard in the game, but that doesn't stop it from being a really enjoyable experience.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#7 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
The "bad" ending isn't really that bad. It still ends on a mostly positive note. I sadly got the bad ending and I didn't kill that many guys, stealth knocked out great many of them and typically chose the higher moral ground. I've heard you can kill many people and still get the "good" ending, but that might be hogwash.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
I like the "bad" ending better anyways.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I like to leave no enemy alive. So, I'll probably get the bad ending anyway.

PMCBlackwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PMCBlackwater
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Most of the comments in this thread are half-truths. There are certain areas where not killing things does give you the moral points but if you want a full list on the moral points there is a page on the Metro Wikia ( http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Moral_Points). A lot of the moral points are more random than you might think.

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

Sheppard212

That 100 MGR payout is in Venice. Buy enough drinks at the bar to get absolutely plastered where you black out. Once you wake up, head back to the bar to find it in shambles. Listen to the barkeep talk and then a prompt to pay him will come up. Boom, 100 MGR down the drain to get a moral point. You do not need this one though as long as you get most of the others.

jun_aka_pekto
Not necessarily, I kill almost all humans in each level and get the good ending. Only a few levels require the no kills to get a moral point. So far I have beaten the game 3 times and got the good ending 2/3 times. Once you know about the moral points then it is easy. My next few playthroughs are going to focus on finding the rough amount of moral points needed to get the good ending as well as getting all those damn notes. So make sure to explore everywhere since many of the points are based on sheer exploring.
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
Just be... good. No really that's it. Spare people when you are offered the choice. Save people when you have the chance.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

PMCBlackwater

Not necessarily, I kill almost all humans in each level and get the good ending. Only a few levels require the no kills to get a moral point. So far I have beaten the game 3 times and got the good ending 2/3 times. Once you know about the moral points then it is easy. My next few playthroughs are going to focus on finding the rough amount of moral points needed to get the good ending as well as getting all those damn notes. So make sure to explore everywhere since many of the points are based on sheer exploring.

Ah, okay. I'm on my first playthrough. I just want to finish the game first. We'll see when the moral stuff present themselves.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funkyzoom

This hidden morality system is really flawed. I completed TWO playthroughs of the game, doing EVERYTHING on this list during both playthroughs, yet I got the bad ending BOTH times. Now I realize that the good ending is totally random. Probably they have designed it so that 9 out of 10 copies of the game get the bad ending irrespective of following  everything on this list, and only 1 copy gets the good ending. Totally disappointing.

Not only me, 3 of my friends too played the game. and only one among the 4 of us got the good ending, although he was the one who played more carelessly and went against several actions mentioned on the list.

Spacer-of-BvW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spacer-of-BvW
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah, there are a lot of things that can mess with the ending.. i messed up by enjoying myself a little too much at the strip club in Venice.
Spacer-of-BvW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Spacer-of-BvW
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Try Ranger mode.. in all honesty it could be that.