This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sjdwales (580 posts) -
hey, can anyone tell me on what hardware i need to build my own cpu, or a link please?
as far as i know its a lot cheaper to do this to get a better cpu than spend $1000 on one in bestbuy
#2 Posted by frost_mourne13 (1615 posts) -
Try PC Mechanic, or just google it. The parts you need are: A CPU(processor) RAM (Preferably DDR2) A Video Card (PCI-Express) A Motherboard that supports your CPU and Video card Optical Drive (CD/DVD) Hard Drive (SATA/IDE) Case (ATX) Keyboard/mouse Monitor
#3 Posted by BeavermanA (2652 posts) -
A cpu is the central processing unit, and making one of those yourself would be pretty miraculous. For tips on how to build your own computer, check out the search engine google.com. Here's one of the first links it finds for example: http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/
#4 Posted by frost_mourne13 (1615 posts) -
Some people exchange CPU for PC, Desktop, COmputer, Desktop Computer, and my teacher once said PC computer =D
#5 Posted by Etherninty (1678 posts) -
IMO, may be you should learn how the computer parts are called first before thinking about assembling one. ^^
#6 Posted by Platearmor_6 (2817 posts) -
Buy a book or check out some pc building website. Read, read and then read some more. Go watch some videos on building computers, I think theres some on youtube.com.
#7 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -
[QUOTE="frost_mourne13"]Try PC Mechanic, or just google it. The parts you need are: A CPU(processor) RAM (Preferably DDR2) A Video Card (PCI-Express) A Motherboard that supports your CPU and Video card Optical Drive (CD/DVD) Hard Drive (SATA/IDE) Case (ATX) Keyboard/mouse Monitor

Might want a PSU in there...
#8 Posted by frost_mourne13 (1615 posts) -
OMG I can't believe I didn't catch that... and that no one else besides you caught that...o_O
#9 Posted by reticulate (418 posts) -
You'll need several million dollars worth of equipment to produce the wafers, and then some more millions on packaging.

Oh, and you'll have to hire cheap Chinese labour to put them together.
#10 Posted by godofjell0 (46 posts) -
I just happen to have some cheep chinese labour.........