Heroes of the Storm, a good idea or a bad one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

So you might have heard about the upcoming MOBA game from Blizzard called Heroes of the Storm

Now the concept is combining main characters from their games (Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo)

Now IMO it's a nice idea to control your favorite character, and it's nicer idea that it doesn't require you to play 3 different MOBA games; Sort of LoL style where it's not focused on any one world.

They've got DOTA 2 already which is kinda Warcraft focused, is it smart for them to combine Warcraft theme again in their new game? and what will happen to DOTA2 popularity?

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I was mildly interested since they said the matches would be faster. But I read yesterday that you need to work/pay to unlock heroes and I lost interest. After DOTA2 how can any new MOBA think they can get away with charging for characters is beyond me.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Very bad idea, as everything from Blizzard that came after 2009.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not Pay2Win.

The unlock hearoes thing is fine.... you probably have to do matches and they will unlock for you as time goes by.

I'm also interested in Infinite Crysis since I'm a DC fan.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

@Assimilat0r said:

Very bad idea, as everything from Blizzard that came after 2009.

Starcraft 2 is good. They dropped the ball with Diablo3.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

@FelipeInside: Well forgot abou SC2 which is pritty good, it represent Blizzard itself but honestly, Diablo 3, Hearthstone and last 2 expansions in WoW made me throw at Blizzard.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FelipeInside

@Assimilat0r said:

@FelipeInside: Well forgot abou SC2 which is pritty good, it represent Blizzard itself but honestly, Diablo 3, Hearthstone and last 2 expansions in WoW made me throw at Blizzard.

I didn't mind Hearthstone as a sort of casual quick game you play when you don't have much time (like leaving for work). It's colourful, fun and fast.

Diablo3 was a letdown, although many have said the recent changes makes it a lot like Diablo2. WoW has just become dated now... any game that old would.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

It doesn't have anywhere near the same rule-set and LoL and DoTA ... and it looks nothing like DoTA 2.

so how does this even remotely effect DoTA 2?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FelipeInside

@MBirdy88 said:

It doesn't have anywhere near the same rule-set and LoL and DoTA ... and it looks nothing like DoTA 2.

It won't affect Dota2 as in the game needing to close down, just that some players will leave Dota2 and go play Heroes.

Mostly Blizzard fans and people that are fans of MOBA but want a more accessible game.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

It won't affect Dota2 as in the game needing to close down, just that some players will leave Dota2 and go play Heroes.

Mostly Blizzard fans and people that are fans of MOBA but want a more accessible game.

I didn't like DOTA2 theme because you can't control actual main heroes of Warcraft theme, so that's a motivation for me to play Heroes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

I didn't like DOTA2 theme because you can't control actual main heroes of Warcraft theme, so that's a motivation for me to play Heroes.

Well yea thats fine n all. but the dota crowd play dota for its depth. its the reason HoN was popular before DoTA2 aswell... they could of went to the more accessible LoL (as Felip as suggest as a reason to go to HoS) ...

I think HoS will have its own audiance, sure some from other MoBAs will like it.... but unless it becomes some new competitive standard I don't think it will hold much weight over the other two.

Personally it looks like a cash in attempt after failing to take DoTA from Valve.... but we will see.