Help with No One Lives Forever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pcktlnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 pcktlnt
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

Hi,

Started playing the game today and I have a few problems that I do not know how to fix.

1) The talking/text: I was watching/reading the cutscenes, but before the text could be completely shown or the voice reading is done, it would end abruptly and jump to the next character. Is there a way to fix it so they actually read the whole text?

2) Is there a way to set the mouse sensitivity? I just move it a few centimeters and the charcter will do a 180 spin.

Thanks =)

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
I'm guessing your machine is just too fast for the game. Try right clicking on the shortcut for the game on your desktop and select the compatibility tab at the top and choose one of the modes for Windows 98. In fact, try all of them to see if it works, not sure if that will help solve the speed problem though. I hope you can get it running, as it's one of the best shooters ever made.
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts
Man youll love that game its loaded with flair and personality and its funny as hell. Until you get to the vault with the lasers. The second set has NO WAY past them. there literyly isnt. Uninstalled the game after a load of tries havent touched it again. How a bug like a room thats IMPOSSIBLE TO GET PAST got into the final game ill never know.
pcktlnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pcktlnt
Just tried the compatibility selections and none of the settings worked. Yea, I heard it was a great game, so I picked it up, but I can't play haha *sadface*. Thanks though.
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ForlornHope

Just tried the compatibility selections and none of the settings worked. Yea, I heard it was a great game, so I picked it up, but I can't play haha *sadface*. Thanks though.pcktlnt

man whats your specs? did you try patching it?

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

Weird man. I played the game on my machine and I've had no problems with it. I suggest you try patching it. That could fix a lot of problems.

And do yourself a favor and try to get this game working. You will love it. It's one of the best games out there!

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Yeah, I'm not sure about your machine being too fast for the game, I just tried and I'm running an E6600, 8800GTS, Vista Ultimate x64 currently and NOLF works great! Unless maybe you are overclocking which might be messing with the timing of the game?? That seems highly unlikely though.

There is an option in the game to adjust the mouse sensitivity, did you try adjusting that? Have you applied the most recent patches? Maybe there's something in a patch that will help you, although I'm running mine unpatched just fine. However, mine is the GOTY edition too.

Wow, hopefully you get it figured out, it's a fantastic game/series. You could try playing NOLF2, which is obviously newer and might work better on your machine. That's actually the order I ended up playing the games, NOLF2 was so good I had to go back and play NOLF1 :D

To ForlornHope: I don't remember exactly the area where you are stuck, but I know I finished both games without any issues. Maybe a patch can help you out as well?

Good luck guys, NOLF is too good to miss out on! :shock:

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chandu83
Yeah, I never got stuck anywhere either...
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ForlornHope

Yeah, I'm not sure about your machine being too fast for the game, I just tried and I'm running an E6600, 8800GTS, Vista Ultimate x64 currently and NOLF works great! Unless maybe you are overclocking which might be messing with the timing of the game?? That seems highly unlikely though.

There is an option in the game to adjust the mouse sensitivity, did you try adjusting that? Have you applied the most recent patches? Maybe there's something in a patch that will help you, although I'm running mine unpatched just fine. However, mine is the GOTY edition too.

Wow, hopefully you get it figured out, it's a fantastic game/series. You could try playing NOLF2, which is obviously newer and might work better on your machine. That's actually the order I ended up playing the games, NOLF2 was so good I had to go back and play NOLF1 :D

To ForlornHope: I don't remember exactly the area where you are stuck, but I know I finished both games without any issues. Maybe a patch can help you out as well?

Good luck guys, NOLF is too good to miss out on! :shock:

Nitrous2O

]

Its the second laser room in that stupid guys valt. You know if you get hit the room fills with poision gas and you see goats :s ? The second room always seems to kill me even if i don't touch a laser I go up the right jump the laser then try to jump across the room toget to the door not touching any lasers and it triggers the gas anyways. i ahve no clue whats up but until then i was completey addcited its a brillant shooter.

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts
I think you are at the area where there are too many lasers to avoid and you are supposed to open a grate on the floor.
pcktlnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pcktlnt

I'm playing the game on this comp:
3.03 ghz pent 4
Radeon X1300/1550 series
1 gb ram

I have both games, I just wanted to play in order (dont know if there is an order though). Mine is also the GoTY edition. I just did a straight install and ran the game. I guess I'll try the patches. Cheers :)

pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts

Man youll love that game its loaded with flair and personality and its funny as hell. Until you get to the vault with the lasers. The second set has NO WAY past them. there literyly isnt. Uninstalled the game after a load of tries havent touched it again. How a bug like a room thats IMPOSSIBLE TO GET PAST got into the final game ill never know.ForlornHope

That room isnt impossible to get through, and (from memory) I believe it was the third room which had the most lasers, thats why you go through the hole in the floor ;)

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chandu83

Hmm...I don't even remember this part. But it was a long time ago...

I loved the ending of the game though. I won't give it away but there is a little twist in the tale ;)

ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ForlornHope

[QUOTE="ForlornHope"]Man youll love that game its loaded with flair and personality and its funny as hell. Until you get to the vault with the lasers. The second set has NO WAY past them. there literyly isnt. Uninstalled the game after a load of tries havent touched it again. How a bug like a room thats IMPOSSIBLE TO GET PAST got into the final game ill never know.pinneyapple

That room isnt impossible to get through, and (from memory) I believe it was the third room which had the most lasers, thats why you go through the hole in the floor ;)

thanks guys ill haver toi try that when my pcs fixed again its in the shop right now :( never through to look on the floor :P

DD_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DD_G
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

I know it's a little late for an answer, but install it again ! It's so cool...

In fact are 4 rooms, and the last one yes it's imposible to walkthrough, if you don't look on your feets, there is the answer !

noiz87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 noiz87
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Wow, this is already 2 years old.. Anyways.

The fix for the too fast problem is easy - Force VSync in your graphics card control panel.

I just thought someone might benefit from this.. It sure as hell was an annoying bug til I figured it out. Happens with most older Lithtech-powered games (AvP included)