Help! Windows 7 wont start any game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GugaUz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GugaUz
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi!

Recently I upgraded my Macbook Pro to Yosemite. The day after that I tried to start windows with Bootcamp, but at some moment while the upgrade, bootcamp partition was deleted.

Tried everything to recover it but it didn't work. So I reinstalled windows from scratch.

Before that I had some games installed in windows such as CS:GO, Stranded Deep, Spec Ops The Line, Skyrim, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Everything worked perfectly.

After reinstalling Windows 7, I started to install everything I had before, including games.

Now all those games won't even start! I cant play none of the games that previously worked fine..

Stranded deep and The Forest, generate an error log file in which says that there was an ''Access violation on 00000000'' something like that.

What might be the problem?

My specs are:

Macbook Pro 13' Intel I5 2,5 GHz - 4GB Ram - Intel HD 4000

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Make sure you have direct x fully installed, drivers, and programs like net framework

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

Make sure you have direct x fully installed, drivers, and programs like net framework

This, also try run as administrator mod

GugaUz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GugaUz

@PredatorRules: I did that, also the Visual C++ redistributable package from 2005 to 2010. Net Framework 1.1 and 4, DirectX 10. But there must be something else missing. At least the downloads from the Microsoft support page do not work. Don't know if there is another site where I can get this downloads..

Also I noticed that before, CS: GO showed me a message saying that MSVCR100.dll could not be found. The Visual C++ 2008 SHOULD fix this, but it didn't. So I had to instal the DLL manually. I don't know if this means the downloads from the Microsoft page doesn't work for my case..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@gugauz said:

@PredatorRules: I did that, also the Visual C++ redistributable package from 2005 to 2010. Net Framework 1.1 and 4, DirectX 10. But there must be something else missing. At least the downloads from the Microsoft support page do not work. Don't know if there is another site where I can get this downloads..

Also I noticed that before, CS: GO showed me a message saying that MSVCR100.dll could not be found. The Visual C++ 2008 SHOULD fix this, but it didn't. So I had to instal the DLL manually. I don't know if this means the downloads from the Microsoft page doesn't work for my case..

I had some problems with some of my games with dll missing; it happens.

GugaUz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GugaUz

Hey guys! I just fixed it. The problem was that the intel HD4000 drivers were not installed. Now everything works fine. Thanks for your help

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

have fun playing pc games on your mac you hippy