Hatred.....this is interesting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Huh.

Official site of Hatred's creators. I wonder what's happened, and if this is going to have any effect on the game's release or if any developers have been taken off the project?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58960 Posts

Very interesting.

Makes you wonder if due to the subject matter they basically walked around with a big cross-hair on their heads.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Very interesting.

Makes you wonder if due to the subject matter they basically walked around with a big cross-hair on their heads.

lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MirkoS77

@uninspiredcup: could be. I'm surprised this isn't news on game sites anywhere, unless it just happened.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup

@MirkoS77 said:

@uninspiredcup: could be. I'm surprised this isn't on games sites anywhere, unless it just happened.

Gamespot is generally more invested with "the top 10 coolest chairs in Destiny" to bother with actual news.

Could be a publicity stunt as well, mind. It would kinda make sense taking into account how the first trailer was deliberately trying to inflame people.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MirkoS77

@uninspiredcup: I don't know, that looks pretty genuine to me, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to claim the Feds making false charges and using their logos to do so.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MirkoS77

Ah, it is April Fools, but even still like I said I don't think the Feds would be amused.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Ah, it is April Fools, but even still like I said I don't think the Feds would be amused.

AND?!? There are plenty of people who aren't amused with the Feds for many of a good reason.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MirkoS77

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

AND?!? There are plenty of people who aren't amused with the Feds for many of a good reason.

Um....ok?? What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lach0121

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

About the same amount as posting "I don't think the Feds would be amused."

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Looks like the claw of freedom has descended upon Poland.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MirkoS77

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

And they wouldn't.

I don't know why I had to spell out the obvious.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lach0121

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

And they wouldn't.

I am so relieved you completely understood my point. >.>

My point is why the hell should we give a damn if they are amused, or not. I don't know why I had to spell out the obvious.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KHAndAnime

@MirkoS77 said:

And they wouldn't.

"Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15  Edited By GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

And they wouldn't.

you honestly think that someone making a murder simulator actually cares what the feds think?

hatred quite literally is a murder simulator... there is no other point to the game. i wish this was actually real, because there is just no place for "games" like this. they set the whole industry back a decade in the eyes of the media

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MirkoS77

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

And they wouldn't.

I am so relieved you completely understood my point. >.>

My point is why the hell should we give a damn if they are amused, or not. I don't know why I had to spell out the obvious.

A little logical conclusion here, as obviously the connection still failed you so let me take this step-by-step.

1. Some people are looking forward to Hatred.
  2. It's possible if this is true, those being indicted are part of the Hatred development team.
  3. If they are indicted, they are arrested.
  4. If they arrested, they cannot work on Hatred or release it due to copyright infringement or something else.....
  5. ......which may impact Hatred's release or content depending on the nature of the charges.
  6. If Hatred's release is impacted, that will suck because I can't buy it.
  7. If I can't buy it, I can't play it.

Comprende?

So yes, I give a damn if the Feds are pissed against those who are making a game I'm anticipating. If this is an April Fool's joke, then it's one of the better I've seen.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MirkoS77

@goodkingmog said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

And they wouldn't.

you honestly think that someone making a murder simulator actually cares what the feds think?

hatred quite literally is a murder simulator... there is no other point to the game. i wish this was actually real, because there is just no place for "games" like this. they set the whole industry back a decade in the eyes of the media

No, they don't care about the game. But I'd think they'd care about people impersonating them and pursue action. Granted, probably not from Poland.....it wouldn't be worth the effort and I doubt Polish authorities would even cooperate. But three years imprisonment and a heavy fine? That's not a slap on the wrist nor is it something you joke with.

I'd be much more willing to believe this was a joke if it weren't so stupid. Who the **** makes an April Fool's about some obscure website being taken down? If they wanted to really raise eyebrows, have the game cancelled or heavily censored.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@MirkoS77 said:

And they wouldn't.

"Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

that must be a US law, so does US law hold in poland? or is it different for the internet (server location)?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup

@KHAndAnime said:

@MirkoS77 said:

And they wouldn't.

Lets report them for lulz

Then it really will be funny.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@goodkingmog said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

And they wouldn't.

No, they don't care about the game. But I'd think they'd care about people impersonating them and pursue action. Granted, probably not from Poland.....it wouldn't be worth the effort and I doubt Polish authorities would even cooperate. But three years imprisonment and a heavy fine? That's not a slap on the wrist nor is it something you joke with.

I'd be much more willing to believe this was a joke if it weren't so stupid. Who the **** makes an April Fool's about some obscure website being taken down? If they wanted to really raise eyebrows, have the game cancelled or heavily censored.

What does a game have to do with making people want to do things? people stole cars long before GTA series. Everything has already been thought of. Its not the games people play. Its the people that make the decision to do things.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KHAndAnime

@uninspiredcup said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@MirkoS77 said:

And they wouldn't.

Lets report them for lulz

Then it really will be funny.

I feel like you guys aren't reading it. For this law to apply, you have to obtain or demand something illegally (hence the bold). Simply saying "the feds shut us down" is completely irrelevant to that law.

And of course, they aren't located in the states.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

This is the perfect game to play when you come home from work angry with management.... :P

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kh1ndjal

@FelipeInside said:

This is the perfect game to play when you come home from work angry with management.... :P

for the record, catharsis with respect to anger is a myth.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@Kh1ndjal said:

@FelipeInside said:

Huh?

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kh1ndjal

@FelipeInside said:

@Kh1ndjal said:

@FelipeInside said:

Huh?

letting out your anger makes you angrier. keeping it bottled up makes you less angry.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@Kh1ndjal said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Kh1ndjal said:

@FelipeInside said:

Huh?

letting out your anger makes you angrier. keeping it bottled up makes you less angry.

Nah it feels good and refreshing when I have a bad day at work and then come home and shoot people on Call of Duty.....hahahahahha

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kh1ndjal

@FelipeInside: well... just stay away from ranked solo queue and you should be fine.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lach0121

@MirkoS77: Your point is valid ONLY if they are ARRESTED for that. And only to those that give a damn about the game, not all of us do. I am meh on it. Which is the smaller picture.

Not to mention the publicity they will get simply because of the charges (if they were to happen) is an insane amount of publicity, and just because they are charged doesn't mean they will be arrested.

Secondly you need to take a second look at the "law" of which would be used to charge them under this "crime," before accusing others of not understanding, or lol being mentally inferior to yourself....

But you still seem to miss my point about since the FED could care less about amusing the general public, why should we always walk on egg shells for them? Which is the bigger picture.

Comprende? (see its irritating isn't it?)

Also going to the link you provided in the OP, doesn't mention anything about it now. Which points out that this thread was made out of what haste, or gullibility?

But as seeing as this will only result in the same kind of responses I am done. Hopefully you understand, you can disagree, but hopefully you can understand.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MirkoS77

@Lach0121 said:

@MirkoS77: Your point is valid ONLY if they are ARRESTED for that. And only to those that give a damn about the game, not all of us do. I am meh on it. Which is the smaller picture.

Not to mention the publicity they will get simply because of the charges (if they were to happen) is an insane amount of publicity, and just because they are charged doesn't mean they will be arrested.

Secondly you need to take a second look at the "law" of which would be used to charge them under this "crime," before accusing others of not understanding, or lol being mentally inferior to yourself....

But you still seem to miss my point about since the FED could care less about amusing the general public, why should we always walk on egg shells for them? Which is the bigger picture.

Comprende? (see its irritating isn't it?)

Also going to the link you provided in the OP, doesn't mention anything about it now. Which points out that this thread was made out of what haste, or gullibility?

But as seeing as this will only result in the same kind of responses I am done. Hopefully you understand, you can disagree, but hopefully you can understand.

Don't worry, I hear what you're saying. The only reason I replied the way I did was because your very initial response to me was unnecessarily rude and overly confrontational, and that continued throughout your replies. If you're going to accuse me of these things, then I hope you can look in the mirror and understand as to why I did.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lach0121

@MirkoS77: There... you have a point.

I was a bit as you described. Your also right in I shouldn't have done it in the way I did. We both ended up acting an ass (instigated by me), and I didn't really mean for it to get like this. Been a tiresome, and irritating last few days. However, that is no excuse, so I apologize for my rudeness.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MirkoS77

@Lach0121 said:

I was a bit as you described. Your also right in I shouldn't have done it in the way I did. We both ended up acting an ass (instigated by me), and I didn't really mean for it to get like this. Been a tiresome, and irritating last few days. However, that is no excuse, so I apologize for my rudeness.

Me as well. No hard feeling I hope.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#32 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'm not seeing anything. Just looks like a regular website to me.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KHAndAnime

@JustPlainLucas said:

I'm not seeing anything. Just looks like a regular website to me.

It was for April Fool's, which I assume ended in Poland or wherever in Europe the game is being made

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lach0121

@MirkoS77 said:

@Lach0121 said:

Me as well. No hard feeling I hope.

No hard feelings at all!