Has GFWL been removed from DiRT3 yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

I really love Dirt 3 and have put many hours into the game but after setting it aside for a time and hearing that the awful GFWL was being removed I decided to wait til that was done before I played again. I also recently got a racing wheel to play with and want to use it with Dirt 3. Does anyone know if its been done yet? I dont know if they will put out a press release when it happens or not. I really dont want to install twice. Let me know.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

No, it has not been removed yet.

But it should be soon.

Do you have it on steam ? I don't know if you can input your CD key yet, but if you can you can just install the current version, and once it goes over to steamworks there should be a patch that does that. Meaning that you won't have to install twice.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

GFWL is lame.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Still there, but GFWL is the least of Dirt 3's problems. Dirt 3's biggest issue is... it's just a bad game.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

yes dirt 3 will be using steamworks when it gets updated. here's the list of gfwl games and those who will be using steamworks for now

link

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:

yes dirt 3 will be using steamworks when it gets updated. here's the list of gfwl games and those who will be using steamworks for now

link

Great link thanks, seems like quite a few will not be ported over to steamworks.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gamesterpheonix

Yea, I already knew that it WILL be getting removed. lol. I was just hoping that it already happened without my knowing it :P. lol. But yea, hopefully it gets patched soon and then also goes on sale. lol. Wouldnt mind another copy to play with my siblings.

And in my opinion DiRT3 is a GREAT game. lol. I dont know what you disliked about it but it was much better than DiRT 1 and 2. The driving just felt much more weighty and realistic. It also helped that the graphics were great too. I dont know. I cant wait for it to go Steamworks. GFWL always messed something up and made it had to consistently play.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

@Gamesterpheonix said:

And in my opinion DiRT3 is a GREAT game. lol. I dont know what you disliked about it but it was much better than DiRT 1 and 2. The driving just felt much more weighty and realistic. It also helped that the graphics were great too. I dont know. I cant wait for it to go Steamworks. GFWL always messed something up and made it had to consistently play.

Hmm... Where to start... The annoying announcers who rambled on about crap which is of no benefit to the player and CAN NOT be skipped. Or maybe the overabundance of gymkhana nonsense and all-round shorter tracks.

Dirt 2 is a great game. Hard to take someone seriously when they try to tell you Dirt 3 is better than Dirt 2.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gamesterpheonix

@C_Rule:

lol agitated much? Sure theres plenty of Gymkhana and that annoying announcer but lol Im not so limited that I let that get in the way of the great gameplay. My issue with DiRT 2 was its rigid gameplay and less realistic physics compared to DiRT3. I played games like RallySport Challenge 2 on Xbox and it always had a special place with me. It wasnt until DiRT3 that I felt I found a game that somewhat lived up to the greatness of RSC2. Thinking back, RSC2 actually had much longer tracks and was overall harder, but I got the feel back with DiRT3 and enjoy it because of that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@TheShadowLord07 said:

link

Very nice list indeed.

It's weird however that some companies don't want to speak out on the subject. I'm sure many people would like to know what will happen to the games they bought come July 1st...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

link

Very nice list indeed.

It's weird however that some companies don't want to speak out on the subject. I'm sure many people would like to know what will happen to the games they bought come July 1st...

Yeah.. I really want GTAIV to be ported over, otherwise I am stuck with the X360 version. And I have a X360 controller so I can play the PC version just like I play the X360 version =/

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k

@horgen123 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

link

Very nice list indeed.

Yeah.. I really want GTAIV to be ported over, otherwise I am stuck with the X360 version. And I have a X360 controller so I can play the PC version just like I play the X360 version =/

I have both versions too. Problem was my 360 scratched the GTA IV disc beyond repair. But when I got the PC version I didn't mind anymore, the movie editor was so much fun. I didn't even play the missions anymore, all I did was mess around in the movie editor XD

Best case scenario though will be that the singleplayer will still keep working after GFWLs closure. That is of course when it doesn't get ported to steamworks, which would be the real best case scenario, but that would require Rockstar to still care about GTA IV, which they don't.

But it's the uncertainty that bugs a lot of people. If the singleplayer will keep working, they should come out and say so at least. Now, we have no clue really, it's just a guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Game Fraud by Windows Lol

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@horgen123 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

link

Very nice list indeed.

I have both versions too. Problem was my 360 scratched the GTA IV disc beyond repair. But when I got the PC version I didn't mind anymore, the movie editor was so much fun. I didn't even play the missions anymore, all I did was mess around in the movie editor XD

Best case scenario though will be that the singleplayer will still keep working after GFWLs closure. That is of course when it doesn't get ported to steamworks, which would be the real best case scenario, but that would require Rockstar to still care about GTA IV, which they don't.

But it's the uncertainty that bugs a lot of people. If the singleplayer will keep working, they should come out and say so at least. Now, we have no clue really, it's just a guess.

rockstar could drop gfwl of gta 4 and the expansion pack. But it still wouldn't be a steamworks game. Max payne 3 isn't btw.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@TheShadowLord07 said:

rockstar could drop gfwl of gta 4 and the expansion pack. But it still wouldn't be a steamworks game. Max payne 3 isn't btw.

Sure, they could use the system Max Payne 3 uses for online. I was just saying Steamworks because many former GFWL games seem to be going for that. They can of course use whatever they like, everything if better than GFWL :)