This topic is locked from further discussion.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

I use to run 2X 1TB drives in raid 0, but one of them has a SMART drive warning (relocated sector count), and the other one started ticking, and chugging along. So i took out the ticking drive, and wanted to instal windows on the other drive that wasnt ticking. But it doesnt show up in the windows installer, i formatted it through the command prompt, i installed a 120GB drive next to it, and installed windows on to that, and then formatted the 1TB drive from windows. And the 1TB drive shows up in BIOS, POST, Diskmanager, windows explorer. But when i want to install windows on it, its just not there. Its makes no sense to me, but id really would like to use the 1TB drive for now. Since i took the 120GB out of my HTPC..

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#2 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

maybe you did this already... but did you delete the RAID 0 array? that could stop it from showing up properly if its still there. You delete it at bootup depending what keypress it asks to enter its settings, it usually comes up after bios. Even if you removed one of the drives the array remains until you delete it from the raids i've used in the past anyways.

If you got a smart error on one, and clicking on another, i'd get some new drives and not use those for anything important, maybe use them as drives to store cloned copies of your OS on.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

@Old_Gooseberry:

I removed the partition form the drive and put it back, that seemed to do the trick. And yes i did delete the raid array, and set the sata ports to AHCI..

I intend to get a 1TB 840EVO, But i have more important things to do first, such as bills, and a MOT for my car.. So this drive will have to do for now..

I dont have anything important on it, thats what i got a 500GB backup drive for :P Its just for the OS and programs and such..