Guess Guild Wars 2 might have some more competition - KOTOR MMO in Spring 2011

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1060098p1.html

gosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gosmo
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts

Man its cold in here.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Gaaah. As long as beta starts in 2010 and I get in... I don't mind :P
Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
I'm really excited for that MMO. Unfortunately I can't say I'm excited for GW2, but let's hope they both turn out great.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GPAddict

Man its cold in here.

gosmo

Well its winter time, what do you expect?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="gosmo"]

Man its cold in here.

GPAddict

Well its winter time, what do you expect?

He bolded OLD. i thought it was clever. on topic, I'll be buying GW2 over TOR
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
I think they ruined GW PvE by making it a full-on MMO. The only thing that made GW1 good (compared to WoW and all that other crap) was that GW wasn't really an MMO - you had missions, instances, private battles etc. Now they went and made it crap by turning it into WoW wannabe #1000. Hopefully they don't screw with the PvP and the combat system of the first game, cause that was some of the best PvP to ever grace an RPG.

i thought it was clever.

lol
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GPAddict

I think they ruined GW PvE by making it a full-on MMO. The only thing that made GW1 good (compared to WoW and all that other crap) was that GW wasn't really an MMO - you had missions, instances, private battles etc. Now they went and made it crap by turning it into WoW wannabe #1000. Hopefully they don't screw with the PvP and the combat system of the first game, cause that was some of the best PvP to ever grace an RPG.

i thought it was clever.F1_2004

lol

Maybe you are wrong, guess we will see. Maybe they improve on everything and make it better. Worse things have happened.

spanK__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spanK__
Member since 2009 • 336 Posts

Even if Guild Wars 2 is "WoW Wannabe #1000" it is allready better because most of all...its got no monthly fees

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff2948e24bd0
deactivated-5ff2948e24bd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ff2948e24bd0
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts

i thought it was clever.F1_2004

lol

You obviously have not been following GW2's development. The actual quests and gameplay will be nothing like WoW. For example, the devs have stated that you will never see an exclamation point for a quest above the head an NPC in this game. Instead, the quests will be reacting to dynamic events such as protecting a town that is under attack by a dragon (or conversely, don't help the village), or defending a human garrison that is under attack.

The fact that it is an open world game doesn't mean it is a WoW clone.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Everyone says their MMO is different and new and does something better than WoW, but in the end they're all pretty terrible (unless you're a slave to MMOs). Guild Wars was unique and obviously successful the way it was...
TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TJamesA
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

The force is with Bioware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f
deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f
Member since 2004 • 1036 Posts
I still have a soft spot for gw, but I just don't see it matching up with kotor, much less bioware. The gw expansions got progressively worse, so hopefully they learn from their mistakes and make a quality product again.
felixiration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 felixiration
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

I don't see Bioware nailing pvp, so FOR ME it will most likely be swtor-exploration/questing and gw2-pvp.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I'm hoping for more of a summer release, because by that time I'll be bored of WoW: Cataclysm and I can play TOR.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

the KOTOR MMO is the first mmo im really super excited about since Ultima Online :D

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
pff ... after playing guild wars less than a week , wich i sold on ebay for 50% price i paid just to get rid of it , i will never buy any ncsoft product , aion was big fail , lineage 2 most unbalanced game ever created ! nah , ncsoft should stay in asian marke ( no offense ) and in the other hand , as big loyal fan of kotor im preordering that master piece (old republic ) as soon as a can
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
I feel like I'm the only person who wants a good new MMORPG to play but isn't really that interested in The Old Republic. I don't know. I was burned out on Star Wars years ago, and I'm not sure that being heavily story-driven is really even what I want out of a MMORPG. Actually, I'm fairly certain that it isn't.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I feel like I'm the only person who wants a good new MMORPG to play but isn't really that interested in The Old Republic. I don't know. I was burned out on Star Wars years ago, and I'm not sure that being heavily story-driven is really even what I want out of a MMORPG. Actually, I'm fairly certain that it isn't.SpaceMoose
LOTRO is heavily story driven and it plays incredibly well, it's a good direction to take the MMO market (WoW WOTLK for example was much more story driven) I see it as the future of MMOs. I can't blame you for not being interested in TOR though, as good as it looks I can see how some may not be caught on it yet.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]I feel like I'm the only person who wants a good new MMORPG to play but isn't really that interested in The Old Republic. I don't know. I was burned out on Star Wars years ago, and I'm not sure that being heavily story-driven is really even what I want out of a MMORPG. Actually, I'm fairly certain that it isn't.Im_single
LOTRO is heavily story driven and it plays incredibly well, it's a good direction to take the MMO market (WoW WOTLK for example was much more story driven) I see it as the future of MMOs. I can't blame you for not being interested in TOR though, as good as it looks I can see how some may not be caught on it yet.

I'd actually be interested in an MMO that has more sim aspects to it. Not some story driven epic. But thats me. Of course I can't wait to play TOR, but I'm just saying.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="F1_2004"]I think they ruined GW PvE by making it a full-on MMO. The only thing that made GW1 good (compared to WoW and all that other crap) was that GW wasn't really an MMO - you had missions, instances, private battles etc. Now they went and made it crap by turning it into WoW wannabe #1000. Hopefully they don't screw with the PvP and the combat system of the first game, cause that was some of the best PvP to ever grace an RPG.

i thought it was clever.

lol

I loved that you could do almost anything with the PvP. Although, it was a major downfall that you usually gimped yourself if you strayed too far from the standard builds. Warriors also destroyed everything. I think I spent most of my time just running from them in the arena, trying to annoy them.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GPAddict

pff ... after playing guild wars less than a week , wich i sold on ebay for 50% price i paid just to get rid of it , i will never buy any ncsoft product , aion was big fail , lineage 2 most unbalanced game ever created ! nah , ncsoft should stay in asian marke ( no offense ) and in the other hand , as big loyal fan of kotor im preordering that master piece (old republic ) as soon as a can Farkeman

I mentioned Guild Wars 2 not the first Guild Wars which imo is a great game.

My brother has Aion and he plays Wow, and lets me play it since he is mostly playing WoW and I actually do like it, of course even more since I'm not paying for it. ;) There is a bit of grind, but overall I do like the game.

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
[QUOTE="Farkeman"]pff ... after playing guild wars less than a week , wich i sold on ebay for 50% price i paid just to get rid of it , i will never buy any ncsoft product , aion was big fail , lineage 2 most unbalanced game ever created ! nah , ncsoft should stay in asian marke ( no offense ) and in the other hand , as big loyal fan of kotor im preordering that master piece (old republic ) as soon as a can

You should stay out of the writing market.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
I dont think either of them are direct competition. Given GW2 will once again be free2play and TOR definately not they cater to different sub groups of MMO players. And im sure most of the pvp group from the original GW will move on to GW2 hoping for just as high quality standards.