Gamestop.com Digital Download - Where is the serial key???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Hi guys,

I decided to take advantage of Episodes from Liberty City for only $7.50 at Gamestop.com.. but somewhere along the lines of purchasing the game and trying to activate the game, I have not seen the serial key anywhere?

I go to my account, purchase history, and it's empty. What gives?

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I noticed it says under the spec requirements :

Important Information:

For this expansion/dlc title, the base title is required and needs to be installed on your machine before you can access this content.

You should contact them since this is a mistake, the game doesn't need GTA 4 at all, so it may probably think the CD Key will run from the "base title's" one.

EDIT : Also about purchase history. If you'r paypal, credit card or whatsoever thingy e-mailed you that you've purchased it, then you can show them that.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Elann2008

Important Information:

For this expansion/dlc title, the base title is required and needs to be installed on your machine before you can access this content.

You should contact them since this is a mistake, the game doesn't need GTA 4 at all, so it may probably think the CD Key will run from the "base title's" one.

EDIT : Also about purchase history. If you'r paypal, credit card or whatsoever thingy e-mailed you that you've purchased it, then you can show them that.

mhofever

I feel stupid. I didn't even bother to check my email for the purchase receipt. It's "RIGHT" there! LOL... I'm so use to Steam holding my hand. This was my first Gamestop.com purchase digitally so cut me some slack. :P hehehe jk. Thanks mate!

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="mhofever"]

Important Information:

Elann2008

I feel stupid. I didn't even bother to check my email for the purchase receipt. It's "RIGHT" there! LOL... I'm so use to Steam holding my hand. This was my first Gamestop.com purchase digitally so cut me some slack. :P hehehe jk. Thanks mate!

Yea no probs! I'm quite used to noticing e-mail purchase receipts from GamersGate and Steam, so I guessed that you should get one from Gamestop too.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="mhofever"]

Important Information:

mhofever

Yea no probs! I'm quite used to noticing e-mail purchase receipts from GamersGate and Steam, so I guessed that you should get one from Gamestop too.

Yup! :D Funny thing though, I called Gamestop.com support and the gentleman didn't even bother (or totally forgot) to mention it being on the purchase receipt. He suggested putting in a ticket. He seemed like he was in a rush to get me off the phone too, but it's highly understandable in this holiday rush! :)