Games a lot of people like that you hate

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

So here are some games that get mentioned by a lot of people as great that I absolutely hated -

Freedom Fighters:
For the life of me I can not see the appeal of this game.  It had bad graphics, poor environments and atmospheres, etc.  And fighting your way to a flag and raising it got boring after the second time doing it!  I thought it was just terrible and yet still hear people talking about how good it is.  I honestly do not understand this.

NFS Most Wanted: 
I consider this one of the worst racing games ever made.  I did a little experiment where I unmapped my brake button and played the game.  Not being able to use the brakes did not affect this game at all!  That is absurd, a racing game that does not even need brakes!  And to add insult to injury the brakes are actually something you can “upgrade” on your cars!!  How people can say it’s a good game is way beyond me!

I will add more later and might be adding Deus Ex to this list because I'm playing it now but have only played the first level.  So far I think its terrible.

What are some of yours?

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
Any game in the "Age of..." series. They all have way to much emphasis on resource/worker/building management, while combat and unit management seems to take a completely secondary roll in the game. And then whe you actually get around to fighting there seems to be little strategy involved. It seems the only thing you do is mass more units than your opponent and then throw them at thier army. No micromanagement, no worrying about unit position, nothing.

Also about Deus Ex, don't write it off yet. I wasn't the biggest fan of the game, but the opening level is the absolute worst part. It gets much better as you play, and there's also a good ending. Well, 3 endings, but the one I got was pretty good.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Final Fantasy series.
Colonel_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Colonel_basic
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
Any RTS except company of heroes
Any EA sports games
The Sims ( shudders )
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

These games I dont like one bit.

Halo2

Gears Of War

BF2

WoW

Cod2

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Final Fantasy series.thusaha

Amen Brother!
ChiefWiggumIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChiefWiggumIII
Member since 2005 • 1125 Posts

Final fantasy Halo2 and guild wars

Avatar image for deactivated-591754d3955ba
deactivated-591754d3955ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 deactivated-591754d3955ba
Member since 2004 • 5196 Posts
There are many games I dislike the theme/graphics/whatever, but haven't even touched, like World of Warcraft, or Halo, so I guess these don't apply.

Anywho, the Sims gets the first place for... being the one of the most boring games I have ever played. Seriously, doing the same crap over and over (and over) again gets boring in a second, for me at least.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'm sure there're more.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
Final Fantasy series, WoW, and GTA series

edit:

every game that has rap or a hip hop theme (def jam icon, 50 cent's craptacular game, etc.)
pepperman33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 pepperman33
Member since 2005 • 494 Posts
The Sim, all games. They just drag on. DoW and winter assault, although i haven't played Dark crusade so i can't comment on that.
Wootex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11 Wootex
Member since 2003 • 691 Posts
Fable, Halo 2 God of War or any GTA Game
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
anything by blizzard
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 basersx

Fable, Halo 2 God of War or any GTA GameWootex

Wow, how can you not like GTA???

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 MyopicCanadian
I never found the appeal of Far Cry. I'm going to try it again since I didn't play too much of it before, but I just couldn't get into it. I certainly disagree with you on Most Wanted though... the highway races with pursuit cars, spike strips and a helicopter was pretty intense :) I don't like any of the newer NFS games as much as the older ones though. NFS2 & 3 were awesome.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Wasn't a fan of the Deus Ex series...
sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sj420
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

i second freedom fighters

i can't understand why people praise this game or why gs gave it a 9.3.  c'mon...  SUPERB???  it was a 7.5 at best, imo.  i played it when it came out and it was just alright.  i played it recently and thought no better.  i did finish the game both times.

good points: concept, jesper kyd's soundtrack, no-frills squad mechanics, some of the modeling

i guess i don't hate it, but it certainly isn't one of the greats

i'll throw in halo series while i'm at it.

Avatar image for MexicanGeek2991
MexicanGeek2991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MexicanGeek2991
Member since 2005 • 294 Posts
After playing the demo, I didn't really like Lost Planet at all and all of my friends loved it. It's all they talk about and I just don't think it's that great. I also hated Freedom Fighters and The Sims. Plus pretty much any free to buy and free to play MMO. They're all horrible.
lazzy102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lazzy102
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

well than maybe you dont like fps.....anyway probably the game that i hate is super mario maaaaan that game sucks.. ass but its not for the pc.. for the pc there aren't any games that i hate that many people like.....

biowulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 biowulf
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts
Halo Series, Final Fantasy  Series
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Starcraft: comeon people, there are so many better games out there with well-balanced armies, its time to kill this game!  Lets move on, that means you too Korea.

Gears of War: vanilla shooter with no open-ended gameplay.  A "on-a-rail" shooter in the purest sense.

BF 1942: I just couldnt get over the sheer "arcadiness" of the game.  I dont like dying in one or two shots, but DICE could have atleast made it somewhat realistic.  I mean, cannon shells that lose trajectory after 200 yards? Whats up with that.

nytemarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nytemarex
Member since 2003 • 157 Posts

Anywho, the Sims gets the first place for... being the one of the most boring games I have ever played. Seriously, doing the same crap over and over (and over) again gets boring in a second, for me at least.

Marcinkonys

In reality, most multiplayer games are repetative. HINT HINT. For example, Counter-Strike I dread! It is the worst game out there and so many people play (shows how unintelligent the gaming community is) World of Warcraft isn't bad but not my favorite. Halo and Halo 2 have the same theme as CS with repetativeness over and over. Basically any multiplayer-induced games suck due to the unintelligent players playing them.

The Sims series is great! You can do anything you want. Noted that it is more of a general public game (a lot of girls I know play it because the game is actually intelligent, I don't disagree with them). Personally, I would play sims every once in a while to get away from the bombing. In essence, anyone who insults the sims are not very intelligent in my eye.

Anyone who plays Counter-Strike a lot... well there is only one word to describe you guys and it start with the letter L.

bigdawg1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bigdawg1124
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts

well i hate the Battlefield series, Zelda( Final Fantasy is soo much better IMO), super mario, and the MGS series

i've played them all but i just didnt find anything to them

bigdawg1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bigdawg1124
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts

ohh thats right i forgot to add the sims in there i played it for a while but then it got reallllllllllllllly boring reallly fast a total waste of time for me

A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
deus ex - system shock 2 is imo the best game ever made, but i just couldn't get into deus ex at all, i keep trying, though

civ 4 - loved civ 2 and alpha centuari, couldn't stand civ 4

unreal tournament 2004 - don't like anything about any of the unreals except the technology, but i found ut2k4 especially empty

farcry - i hated how dire the AI was (and their quotes include bite me, you're going down, i'm gonna take you out, eat this, and so forth (there are plenty more)... i want to fight my enemies, not get it on with them), i hated the AI's bizzare field of vision/hearing that makes stealthing almost impossible, and everything beyond level 4ish is stupid and inane with mutants and monsters - i don't like the game at all

now, don't get me wrong, i objectively acknowledge all of the above games as good or great, but i just don't like any of them
secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts
Halo. Same gameplay as dozens of other FPS...but hey he has a paintball mask and laser guns!!!!
lol_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lol_waffles
Member since 2006 • 1826 Posts
Hey guys! Let's prove to the world how "hardcore" or "nonconformist" we are by claiming to hate games that everyone loves! I'll start: I HATE GTA San Andreas. Why, you ask? Well, I dunno, I'm just saying that so people think I'm really god damn cool.
Avatar image for deactivated-591754d3955ba
deactivated-591754d3955ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 deactivated-591754d3955ba
Member since 2004 • 5196 Posts
In essence, anyone who insults the sims are not very intelligent in my eye.nytemarex

Why not?
1kalli1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1kalli1
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
i HAte the sims, it's a really boring game... all of them and i don't like the nfs series the new one carbon sucks bad, also i dont like the zelda games i've tried the new one on wii but didn't like him
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
Hey guys! Let's prove to the world how "hardcore" or "nonconformist" we are by claiming to hate games that everyone loves! I'll start: I HATE GTA San Andreas. Why, you ask? Well, I dunno, I'm just saying that so people think I'm really god damn cool.lol_waffles
Oh god I'm so sorry for having an opinion. And by the way, counter-strike is boring.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Hey guys! Let's prove to the world how "hardcore" or "nonconformist" we are by claiming to hate games that everyone loves! I'll start: I HATE GTA San Andreas. Why, you ask? Well, I dunno, I'm just saying that so people think I'm really god damn cool.lol_waffles

Way to take an innocent question and twist it around so we look like jackasses.

I think someone has a superiority complex and uses these boards to make himself feel better...

trashcanhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trashcanhands
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
rainbow six vegas....crappy port that runs like crap,looks like crap..waste of my money

the sims...i just dont get it....

most rts games..just not my kind.id rather play Pirates! or Civ4

silkk1828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silkk1828
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
WOW- played on and off for about four months-- boring boring boring, the whole community is made up of 8-12 year olds, and MMORPGs in general are huge timesinks. Civilization series- I don't think these games are bad, but they are definitely overrated IMO--something about them just doesn't do it for me. Final Fantasy- I can't stand Anime. Fight two enemies and watch twenty mintues of cut scenes. I have to disagree with you on Deus Ex and Freedom Fighters. I thought Deus Ex was a great game, and while I don't know if Freedom Fighters deserved the Gamespot rating it received, it was a solid, fun game IMO.
johnnyb47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johnnyb47
Member since 2004 • 408 Posts
CounterStrike got boring in a minute, but I guess it's just me not playing with people I know well.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
- Gears of War
- Any EA sports game (getting close to ANY EA game...)
- Age of Empires
- Medal of Honor series (I don't hate it, just don't prefer it. Pacific Assault was ok.)
- Final Fantasy stuff
- Animal Crossing     /vomits
- Guild Wars
- Battlefield online (too many jerks and stat whores....bots are better, they don't complain 8) )

elrod92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 elrod92
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts
Oblivion. By far.
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 basersx

That is the difference.  I am able to point out why I hate games like Freedom Fighters and Most Wanted.  I'm not just saying it to be "cool".

Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
Halo 2. I just didn't have anything the old one hadn't already done, except oh look, the marines can drive. And the hype made me bored of that game before it was even released.
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
HL:2 - bland gameplay, non-existant AI, long periods of sameness and boringness Call of Duty 2: non-existant AI, enemies respawning all over the place, everything is scripted
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Iffy350
[QUOTE="silkk1828"]WOW- played on and off for about four months-- boring boring boring, the whole community is made up of 8-12 year olds, and MMORPGs in general are huge timesinks. Civilization series- I don't think these games are bad, but they are definitely overrated IMO--something about them just doesn't do it for me. Final Fantasy- I can't stand Anime. Fight two enemies and watch twenty mintues of cut scenes. I have to disagree with you on Deus Ex and Freedom Fighters. I thought Deus Ex was a great game, and while I don't know if Freedom Fighters deserved the Gamespot rating it received, it was a solid, fun game IMO.

I hate that about the final fantasy series! The whole reason I purchaced the crappy Final Fantasy X game is because I was suckered into believeing the in game gameplay and graphics would look as good as the graphics in the cutscenes. What a total ripoff!
junglejim99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 junglejim99
Member since 2003 • 84 Posts
Diablo 2 - Liked the graphics and gameplay, but hated all the monsters respawning in a dungeon after you saved the game.  Never finished it.

Battlefield 2 - Way too many jerks playing on-line to enjoy this one.  Loved 1942 because I could play against bots (yes, they were generally stupid, but at least they weren't jerks!)

Warcraft 3 - AI cheats too much

The whole GTA series - The open-ended gameplay is a plus, but I just can't justify the whole premise.

Madden 07 - Same game as Madden 2005 with nothing exceptional added

Civ 4 - I really tried to like this one, but I just couldn't get into it
Synthesis36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Synthesis36
Member since 2005 • 75 Posts

[QUOTE="Marcinkonys"]

nytemarex

In reality, most multiplayer games are repetative. HINT HINT. For example, Counter-Strike I dread! It is the worst game out there and so many people play (shows how unintelligent the gaming community is) World of Warcraft isn't bad but not my favorite. Halo and Halo 2 have the same theme as CS with repetativeness over and over. Basically any multiplayer-induced games suck due to the unintelligent players playing them.

The Sims series is great! You can do anything you want. Noted that it is more of a general public game (a lot of girls I know play it because the game is actually intelligent, I don't disagree with them). Personally, I would play sims every once in a while to get away from the bombing. In essence, anyone who insults the sims are not very intelligent in my eye.

Anyone who plays Counter-Strike a lot... well there is only one word to describe you guys and it start with the letter L.

Is it just me or does this post seem well....kiddy and biased?

dlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dlobo
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts

WOW- monthly fee, for a cartoon RPG?

The Sims- Hi tech tamagochi, generally I like some hurting involved in my games.

GTA- Repetitive missions, got tired after a while

Winning Eleven- Not really into sports games, but my friends really loved this one and I really hated it.

Fynal Fantasy- Great cutscenes and story, but turn based combat really ruined it for me. 

Mario 64- Not a PC game, but still one of the most popular and beloved Nintendo games, and I totally hated it!.

Kingdom Hearths- I dont know why everyone liked this one, Mickey is in it for gods sake!!

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 basersx
[QUOTE="nytemarex"]

[QUOTE="Marcinkonys"]

Synthesis36

Well he does have a point.  It so funny to hear people bash The Sims saying things like "all you do it empty the trash and go to the bathroom, how boring!".  When Sims has a lot of strategy like any other RTS.  Look at CoH, I could just as easily say "all you do is build barracks and capture points over and over how boring!".  The point is there is a LOT of repetitiveness to any RTS and that is part of the game. 

If you think raising a flag to capture a point to open a supply line is cooler than buying a restaurant and setting the menu, prices, making money, designing the entire structure anyway you want with a brilliant open ended architectural model etc. then play CoH and not The Sims.  But both games are a lot more similar than dissimilar when you really look at them.

Avatar image for imthelumberjack
imthelumberjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 imthelumberjack
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
I would have to say WoW and Guild Wars.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Iffy350
I would have to say WoW and Guild Wars.imthelumberjack

I feel that some of the force behind this series has to do with the over popularity of the lords of the bling series of movies. Its a POV but still its practically the same junk but set in the warcraft universe with different fax. A darkside and a lightside fax.
Avatar image for wookieeassassin
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wookieeassassin
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts
GTA series- most the games are based on the premise of stealing, dealing drugs and just attacking normal people; I hate the "gangsta" overtone Halo 2- I played Halo 1 and it was pretty fun.. but I bought into all the hype and bought it and then found myself forcing myself to beat it. The online component was fun for about 3 months or so but then I just grew to hate the game. Rainbow Six Vegas- rented it, got rid of it in 30 minutes Lost Planet- hated the demo.. HATED it CounterStrike: Source: I played it some and there were times I really liked it but most of the time I absolutely hate it and find it boring WoW: costs way too much money and ruins people's lives sometimes The Sims: I refuse to play this; although it seems to be incredibly popular with the female audience. played UT2004 demo- wasn't that great gears of war- despise that game.. I bought into the hype and spent $70 on it ($60, then tax, then the bogus $5 disc insurance because I can't make up a backup copy legally) although on the other side there are plenty of popular games I do like. The Half-Life series although it has gotten stale after 4 times through each one.. haha) Rome: Total War, Company of Heroes, and some others but generally the last few months of popular games have been of no interest to me.
lokstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lokstah
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
[QUOTE="nytemarex"]

[QUOTE="Marcinkonys"]

Synthesis36

It's an opinion. It should be biased. As for "kiddy"... well, I don't know about you, but as for myself, the Gamespot forums aren't exactly where I head when I'm in need of high-minded discourse.
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 basersx

GTA series- most the games are based on the premise of stealing, dealing drugs and just attacking normal people; I hate the "gangsta" overtone wookieeassassin

I don’t remember doing drugs in any of the GTA games.  And stealing and violence are a big part of a lot of games, look at Oblivion.  But that’s fine, if you don’t like gangster themes that are your business.  At least to have a reason even if I can't understand it at all. 

I get tired of the do-gooder twist.  Where people think its fine to kill tons of people as long as they are "bad" guys and you are a "good" guy.  That’s what makes GTA great.  You are a bad guy killing good guys and other bad guys.

I guess you don’t like the Movies and TV shows like this either?  Like Godfather, Goodfelles, Scareface, The Sopranos?

lokstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lokstah
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts

World of Warcraft: Definitely tops my list. I think the MMORPG genre as a whole is damaged, and though WoW is a stronger example than many of its rivals, it still seems deadly derrivative to me--I've yet to try a major MMORPG that didn't feel like an advanced Everquest mod, and WoW is no exception in my book.

The Battlefield series: These aren't terrible games, but I wish so deeply they lived up more to the promise of forcing players into cooperative battlefield situations. In the same way the MMORPGs devolve into bizzare patterns, cooperative battlefield games like this series tend, at their core, to be loosely structured free-for-alls. I have no idea of how to do it, but I wish developers could strip this genre of player motivations to fight their own quests for glory.

The Sims series: Just never found them very fun.