Funest Guild Wars 2 Class?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts

Pick one and explain here.

I couldnt put one so i decided to leave out engineer : X

OpenHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 OpenHat
Member since 2012 • 64 Posts
You also missed Guardian which I've found to be the most fun but Necromancer looks interesting.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

I like elementalist; They have the most skills of any class, so i like the versatility.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
oops forgot guardian. just type it here i guess
c4l1d3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 c4l1d3n
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts

I always go warrior or ranger but I sorta want to try a caster this time around. I'm leaning toward Ele or Mesmer just for something different.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Ranger and Necromancer all the way. Self explanatory.
Ownsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ownsin
Member since 2007 • 1331 Posts
oops forgot guardian. just type it here i guess dragonmaster64
You also forgot the Thief xD...
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23935 Posts

From what I played (never played Guardian, Thief or Necro)

1. Warrior: Mobile, I felt powerful, and I looked absolutely silly in my pink armor and afro
  2. Elementalist: A lightning whip, some spells are use, diverse in combat with 5 elements to use
  3. Ranger: Finally someone who fights with thrown weapons as opposed to a bow (though rangers can use bows as well)
  4. Engineer: Class needs a lot of work, but on the bright side they have flamethrowers, turrents and mines.
  5. Purple Arcane Mage: They got rid of the GW1 mesmer for this?!? What a disgrace.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

1. Warrior: Mobile, I felt powerful, and I looked absolutely silly in my pink armor and afro
  2. Elementalist: A lightning whip, some spells are use, diverse in combat with 5 elements to use
  3. Ranger: Finally someone who fights with thrown weapons as opposed to a bow (though rangers can use bows as well)
  4. Engineer: Class needs a lot of work, but on the bright side they have flamethrowers, turrents and mines.
  5. Purple Arcane Mage: They got rid of the GW1 mesmer for this?!? What a disgrace.
Maroxad
Really that bad? Ima go try the Purple Arcane Mage when the servers open up tonight.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

Engineer for me

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19581 Posts
I've only tried Mesmer and Thief so far. Mesmer was definitely the most fun of the two.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I don't know...I got into the last beta so I will find out soon :) Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer appeal to me most right now.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
that list offends me. where's thief? but out of those, the warrior. it's my second favorite cIass.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

JohnF111
Really that bad? Ima go try the Purple Arcane Mage when the servers open up tonight.

he's just really butthurt about it. it's not that bad :P it wasn't my styIe, but i had a friend that mained it and loved it. and was a pain to kill in PvP >.>
Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

Probably Commando. They're a bit OP, though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Esy83MQ0

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23935 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

JohnF111

As bruno said, my disappointment with the new mesmer is a part of it. I was so excited for the mesmer's release but when I saw purple laz0rs, RNG and suicide bombing clones, my interest waned down a bit. When I eventually got to play the class I was even more let down. But I only played for the first 6 levels or so, so it might get better later on, but the first 6 levels were utterly disappointing :(

I wanted to be a killer psychologist who shuts down foes and make them kill themselves, not kill people with purple lasers and suicide bombers.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Pick one and explain here.

I couldnt put one so i decided to leave out engineer : X

dragonmaster64

the definition of somehting fun is opinionated we can justify it all you want.. doesnt mean your going to find it fun playing it. folks loved the assassin back in GW1 i absolutely hated the SoB when i wuz playing it. it also was really fugly

Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

i don't feel like making a new thread but what time does the beta start?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

As bruno said, my disappointment with the new mesmer is a part of it. I was so excited for the mesmer's release but when I saw purple laz0rs, RNG and suicide bombing clones, my interest waned down a bit. When I eventually got to play the class I was even more let down. But I only played for the first 6 levels or so, so it might get better later on, but the first 6 levels were utterly disappointing :(

I wanted to be a killer psychologist who shuts down foes and make them kill themselves, not kill people with purple lasers and suicide bombers.

It's early days yet, they might have changed something this time around.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts

funest?????.......most fun! :) :p

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

i don't feel like making a new thread but what time does the beta start?

Lu-Kang
From my e-mail: "This Beta Weekend Event begins Friday, July 20, at noon PDT (GMT -7) and ends Sunday, July 22, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT -7)."
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

JohnF111

They're definitely a far cry of what they were in GW, no one can really say otherwise. On topic I say elementalist.