Farcry 4 Golden Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Anyone got any better info about whats included in this? All I've found is that "The Gold Edition includes additional missions, weapons and much more!" Pretty vague.

Daijju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Daijju
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

This is taken from: http://www.dlcentral.com/ps3/ps3news/far-cry-4-gold-edition-pre-orders-open-on-psn-includes-dlc-season-pass/ . Yeah I know, that the PS3 version but from my experiences it shouldn't really differ any at all from the Steam or PC version. I'd go for the "normal" preorder, which costs about 30-40 euros less and gives you everything but the Season pass.

Basically, the Gold Edition is the Far Cry 4 Limited Edition + DLC Season Pass. It’s also worth noting that content covered by the Season Pass is still TBC at the time of writing.

Far Cry 4 Gold Edition includes:

• Full game
  • DLC Season Pass
  • Hurk’s Redemption Missions, which includes the following content:
    • Mission 1 (20 mins): Fight dangerous enemies in the ice caves of snow-capped mountains to retrieve a rare artifact.
    • Mission 2 (20 mins): Fight waves of enemies while riding an unusual vehicle with Hurk by your side.
    • Mission 3 (20 mins): In this epic bro-tastic conclusion, chase down an enemy convoy and save Hurk from certain death.
    • Exclusive Weapon: Harpoon gun “the Impaler”! Use this modified whale hunting Harpoon with a Unique Skin Pack to shoot harpoon stakes!

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Farcry 3 was great fun game..Looking forward to this shooter..

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Fc3 was borring scripted trash, but they seem to be going the right way this time around, elephants, removing brakes from vehicles, bigger outposts

"Fight dangerous enemies in the ice caves of snow-capped mountains to retrieve a rare artifact."

exactly long missions that cant be finished in 5 minutes and open world with alot of enemies unlike fc3.

Personally the Hurk dlc pack added a large portion of singleplayer missions and pretty good ones too. I wonder if the season pass means they will be more dlcs....and i wondeer what that dlc is...eg new missions, mp maps or blood dragon stuff?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@dakan45 said:

Fc3 was borring scripted trash

It's like you didn't even play it.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dakan45

@k3ck: Ok then, the first missions were nice, like the one on the boat or the one that you sneak to plant a bomb in that small camp. Then it took the downhill. Eg the mission you save your first "friend" Riley was it? You are locked in a sniper scope, you cant unzoom or do it some other way, its more scipted than cod. That trend continues later on with the mission you go to that boat to get the compass and the later missions which all take place in linear tombs. It didnt have the ability to do objective in a nonlinear way like fc2, or other open world games. Infact watchdogs had more freedom. Also dont remind me those QTE bossfights, wtt where they doing in a fps?

Now lets go to open world.

It goes like this, the first thing you will do is climb the radiotower because you wont be able to see the enemies and the lootboxes in the map otherwise...then you get your free gun, because spending hard earned cash is too much for casuals that want everything handed to them. After that you will take over a outpost, which is either a small stealth section or a small gunfight. Then the brilliant devs at ubisoft thought it will be "cool" to remove any enemies from the map when you take over those outposts so you can enjoy exploring the empty worldmap and opening identical lootboxes. That is what caused the patch that allowed you to reset outposts.

But hey you gonna have to clear the outposts, if you dond then you wont unlock the villager sidemissions which are also scripted as hell. Eg go up the hill and fire your gun in the air so the grave robber will crap his pants and promise that he wont dig the grave to take his exwife precious ring... talk back to the mother of the dead woman...tada mission complete 3 minute mission, no skill no gameplay just a gimmick. Also if you dont do the outposts then you are not gonna get acess to the wanted and the hunting missions. The hunting missions are scripted as hell as well, you are given one weapon and you have to kill the animal with it, tedious and gets old but you gonna have to keep doing them because some of them have inventory upgrades. Then there are the wanted missions similar to assasination missions in fc2.

Say fc3, can i snipe the target?

NO KNIFE HIM

Yeah but the whole assasin creed sneaky staby gets old after a while, can i just plant a mine on his path?

NO KNIFE HIM

I enjoyed burning bears with the flamethrower....

NO KNIFE HIM OR MISSION FAIL

What if i attach a c4 on a car and drive it off a cliff and crash it on him and then detoante the...

NO SNEAK IN AND KNIFE THE TARGET, WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS NOT FUN, I AM DICTATING WHAT IS FUN, GO IN THERE SNEAK AND KNIFE HIM.

God forbid they give me any freedom or allow me to do things diffirent and innovative ways. Thats not "fun" ubisoft will dictate what is "fun" with repettive identical scripted missions.

So yeah fc3 was linear and scripted as hell, fc4 better have more freedom, juding that you can pull the breaks of a car and kick it or ride an elephant into a camp or throw meat to bait animals to attack guards....they seem to be going the right way. They getting it, its the story and situations you create that are fun, not what they telling you do to.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SaintSatan

@dakan45 said:

@k3ck: fc3 was linear

Lol I don't even know what to say to that. You're either trolling or have no idea what linear means. Linear means you go from point A to B in a straight path. Far Cry 3 has a massive open world with quests and things to do all over and 10 different ways to reach each one and different ways to approach each situation. Super Mario Bros would be a linear game, you go from point A to B with no freedom at all. Far Cry 3 is the exact opposite of linear. You have the freedom to do what you want, when you want, and (most of the time) how you want.

Anyways, yeah FC4 looks awesome. I would like to see some more varied missions and more enemy types. The drop in/out co-op looks better than the co-op in FC3. I'm curious to how the mutliplayer (non co-op) will be. I will most likely preorder this on Steam soon.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I got more info yup. Call it golden edition and slap a 50% price increase.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dakan45

@k3ck: "You're either trolling or have no idea what linear means."

And you do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_gameplay

A video game with nonlinear gameplay presents players with challenges that can be completed in a number of different sequences. Each player sees only some of the challenges possible, and the same challenges may be played in a different order. A video game with linear gameplay will confront a player with a fixed sequence of challenges. Every player sees every challenge and sees them in the same order.

A nonlinear game will allow greater player freedom than a linear game. For example, a nonlinear game may permit multiple sequences to finish the game, a choice between paths to victory, or optional side-quests and subplots. Some games feature both linear and nonlinear elements, and some games offer a sandbox mode that allows players to explore an open world game environment independently from the game's main objectives, if any objectives are provided at all. A game that is significantly nonlinear is sometimes described as being open-ended or a sandbox, though that term is used incorrectly in those casesand is characterized by there being no "right way" of playing the game.

"Linear means you go from point A to B in a straight path."

Exactly like the missions in far cry 3 which also have scripted moments and dont allow you do things in diffirent ways

"Far Cry 3 has a massive open world with quests and things to do all over and 10 different ways to reach each one and different ways to approach each situation."

Which is a LIE and it proves you havent played it.

Tell me how can i approach a "wanted" mission in diffirent ways and complete it? The only thing you can do is knife the target, sniping the target or using mines or a flamethrower does not work.

What are my options during the missions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVTUuS4V4XA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVOzMU1TMHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzSDXvFmvE

All those missions are linear and scripted you cant do them any other way. So that proves you wrong, do you reallize what i mean when i said the game is linear and scripted?

As wikipedia said "A video game with linear gameplay will confront a player with a fixed sequence of challenges."

Which is how far cry 3 missions work.

"A game that is significantly nonlinear is sometimes described as being open-ended or a sandbox, though that term is used incorrectly in those casesand is characterized by there being no "right way" of playing the game."

You incorrectly think that just because far cry 3 has a open world that makes it "sandbox" and you can do things the way you want when infact the game will force you to do things the RIGHT way the way the developers intended.

Example wanted missions demand a meele kill. You cant do it any other way. Saving oliver demands you got to the specified areas and snipe the enemies as oliver escapes, you dont have the freedom to leave that hill and go down to the camp and take out the enemies up and close and personal and escape with oliver on a car. Somethng you would be able to do in say far cry 2 or other open world games that are similar like say mercenaries.

Far cry 3 missions and side missions are sadly as scripted as cod in some cases. Even watchdogs is less scripted and linear

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintSatan

@dakan45 said:

@k3ck: "You're either trolling or have no idea what linear means."

And you do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_gameplay

A video game with nonlinear gameplay presents players with challenges that can be completed in a number of different sequences. Each player sees only some of the challenges possible, and the same challenges may be played in a different order. A video game with linear gameplay will confront a player with a fixed sequence of challenges. Every player sees every challenge and sees them in the same order.

A nonlinear game will allow greater player freedom than a linear game. For example, a nonlinear game may permit multiple sequences to finish the game, a choice between paths to victory, or optional side-quests and subplots. Some games feature both linear and nonlinear elements, and some games offer a sandbox mode that allows players to explore an open world game environment independently from the game's main objectives, if any objectives are provided at all. A game that is significantly nonlinear is sometimes described as being open-ended or a sandbox, though that term is used incorrectly in those casesand is characterized by there being no "right way" of playing the game.

"Linear means you go from point A to B in a straight path."

Exactly like the missions in far cry 3 which also have scripted moments and dont allow you do things in diffirent ways

"Far Cry 3 has a massive open world with quests and things to do all over and 10 different ways to reach each one and different ways to approach each situation."

Which is a LIE and it proves you havent played it.

Tell me how can i approach a "wanted" mission in diffirent ways and complete it? The only thing you can do is knife the target, sniping the target or using mines or a flamethrower does not work.

What are my options during the missions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVTUuS4V4XA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVOzMU1TMHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzSDXvFmvE

All those missions are linear and scripted you cant do them any other way. So that proves you wrong, do you reallize what i mean when i said the game is linear and scripted?

As wikipedia said "A video game with linear gameplay will confront a player with a fixed sequence of challenges."

Which is how far cry 3 missions work.

"A game that is significantly nonlinear is sometimes described as being open-ended or a sandbox, though that term is used incorrectly in those casesand is characterized by there being no "right way" of playing the game."

You incorrectly think that just because far cry 3 has a open world that makes it "sandbox" and you can do things the way you want when infact the game will force you to do things the RIGHT way the way the developers intended.

Example wanted missions demand a meele kill. You cant do it any other way. Saving oliver demands you got to the specified areas and snipe the enemies as oliver escapes, you dont have the freedom to leave that hill and go down to the camp and take out the enemies up and close and personal and escape with oliver on a car. Somethng you would be able to do in say far cry 2 or other open world games that are similar like say mercenaries.

Far cry 3 missions and side missions are sadly as scripted as cod in some cases. Even watchdogs is less scripted and linear

You just proved Far Cry 3 is non-linear, thanks. After the first 15 minutes you have 50+ different objectives which can be compelted in any order and in a variety of ways - stealth, guns blazing, or a combination of the both. Just because there are a few missions that are linear doesn't make the ENTIRE GAME "linear". And even with you posting all of that you still don't have no idea as to what linear means in terms of gameplay. By your insanely jaded definition no video game is non-linear. Are some non-linear games more non-linear than other non-linear games? Of course but IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A GAME COMPLETELY NON-LINEAR.

LINEAR GAMES: Half-Life, Metro, Bioshock, Alan Wake, The Last of Us, and Super Mario Bros. (A straight path of going from point A to B with very little or no choice.)

NON LINEAR GAMES: Far Cry, Borderlands, Dishonored, Deus Ex, Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, and Fallout. (There are different objectives which can be completed in different orders and in different ways.)

A simple google search will show hundreds of people agreeing with me, and none with you.

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/what-exactly-is-a-non-linear-fps.75861/

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but you have not even the slight clue as to what you're talking about. You can continue your silly argument but you're just making a fool of yourself. I'll give you a very dumbed down definition that you can probably understand...

Linear: Going from point A to B.

Non-Linear: Going from point A to point B, C, or D.

Far Cry 3 is the later.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dakan45

@k3ck: My god you are like a stubborn mule screaming NNOONONONONO in denial.

"you have 50+ different objectives"

SIDEMISSIONS and they are nor "diffirent" nor available after the first 15 minutes.

"which can be compelted in any order and in a variety of ways - stealth, guns blazing, or a combination of the both'

How many ways can i climb up a watchtower?

In how many ways can i hunt an animal? I cant even change weapon

Can i go guns and blazing on a wanted mission? NOPE it demands you knfie the target. Shoot him and you failed the mission.

"Just because there are a few missions that are linear"

There are a few missions that ARENT linear thats the problem godamn it. PLAY THE GAME and stop talking nonsense.

"doesn't make the ENTIRE GAME "linear"

Nor is tomb raider totally linear or TLOU but everyone who played those agreed they are linear third person shooters and in the case of tomb raider and far cry 3, VERY scripted.

"don't have the slightest clue as to what linear means in terms of gameplay"

I posted the definition and you still failed to comprehend it

"Far Cry, Deus Ex, Skyrim, Fallout, ect are non-linear,"

So lets see if i got this you are saying that far cry, the first game isnt linear, when infact all you do is go from point A to point B as yourself said is the definition of linear. No ways to do things i diffirent ways either. Deus ex IS a nonlinear game. Skyrim and fallout are open world rpgs but they do infact allow you to do missions in diffirent ways, far cry 3 DOES NOT. its scripted because there is one "RIGHT" way to do a mission, eg hunting with the specific weapon, knifing the target, or sniping in the save oliver mission becuase the game dictated thats how it must be done. On the other hand far cry 2 was infact nonlinear and you could do things the way you wanted.

"here are different objectives which can be completed in different orders and in different ways, which is NON-LINEAR."

There ARENT diffirent objectives each mission has ONE set objective that must be completed to advance to to ther other objective.

You dont have the ability to blow up a generator or kill an important npc in whatever order you want. You have to do scripted action after scritped action and 90% of the time the enemies spawn and attack you, there are like 4 missions in the entire campaign of fc3 that do infact allow you to choose if you want to go stealth or gunsblazing. The rest is very scripted and thats whats wrong with the game.

Take a look at fc2 on the other hand you do have multiple objectives and you can approach them in diffirent ways.

The thread from valvetime you posted goes nowhere, i dont know what you think it proves, when there people saying that doom 3 is "nonlinear" and valve fanboys trying to damage control the fact that hl2 has linear levels by design, some say that far cry is more nonlinear than those games and thats true but that doesnt make a game nonlinear, you still move from point a to point b and enter an area from the same path and if you move far away from the objective you gonna die or get mission fail. Its a linear game that doesnt have invisible walls or ruined buildings that blocked the road that you would normally exit an area like cod clones do.

"A simple google search will show hundreds of people agreeing with me, and none with you."

So telling a missconception which is a lie based on something you dont understand is ok as long as people agree with that illusion? See thats exactly everyone buys cod and why games dont advance gameplay wise and are so scripted, because they sell you on illusions and lies and you defend those lies instead of seeing past them and demand for better games like dishonored.

"Non-Linear: Going from point A to point B, C, or D."

You got from point A to B, C or D because those points have an objective on them, if there is no objective there why would you go to that area?

If point A is the area you are located and point B is the main mission area. Then when you go to the main mission area, you instantly locked out and you got point A to point B. If you define a sidemission as point C, then when you go there you do another sidemission that locks you out and you can go from its point A to the end which is point B and its pretty much right next to you in the fc3 missions, fail to do so results in mission fail. When you finish the mission your point A is now the point that you finished the mission. So if you attempt to go to point D at any time...that will be impossible because each one of those "SIDEMISSIONS" and not "objectives" as you call them is cancelling all your points and sets new ones. In far cry 2 on the other hand you can still go wherever you want in the map as you are on a mission.

Gta and assasin creed are "sandbox" but they are linear games, all missions in those games are linear and scripted and you cant do them diffirently, they are linear games.

but to utterly destroy your post, i am going to entairtain the idea that the sidemissions that you "unlock" are "nonlinear.

You say

"After the first 15 minutes you have 50+ different objectives"

After the first 15 minutes you are still suck inside a tutorial mission that pretty much shows how you suppose to play the whole game. Climb up tower, hunt, clear outpost, unlock sidemissions.

When you complete that mission you do not have the freedom to do 50+ objetives becasue

A) 50+ objectives dont exist since you cant go to the second island

B)to unlock the sidemissions, the wanted missions and the hunting missions you gonna have to capture the outpost first.

C) to open up the map you need to climb up the tower which unlocks the medkit run sidemissions.

So no you dont have 50+ "diffirent" objectives....infact the "diffirent" is what makes me reallize that you dont know what you are talking about and you just talk nosense. There is variety in the sidemissions in fc3, there are 3-4 types and the rest are copy pasted on the map.

Hell even the skill tree is linear, you can unlock any skills until you progress the main quest further, its pathetic how much this game holds your hand, demands you do things it's way instead of the way you come up with and how many cutscenes interrupt the gameplay flow of the missions constantly.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SaintSatan

@dakan45 said:

@k3ck: My god you are like a stubborn mule screaming NNOONONONONO in denial.

"you have 50+ different objectives"

SIDEMISSIONS and they are nor "diffirent" nor available after the first 15 minutes.

"which can be compelted in any order and in a variety of ways - stealth, guns blazing, or a combination of the both'

How many ways can i climb up a watchtower?

In how many ways can i hunt an animal? I cant even change weapon

Can i go guns and blazing on a wanted mission? NOPE it demands you knfie the target. Shoot him and you failed the mission.

"Just because there are a few missions that are linear"

There are a few missions that ARENT linear thats the problem godamn it. PLAY THE GAME and stop talking nonsense.

"doesn't make the ENTIRE GAME "linear"

Nor is tomb raider totally linear or TLOU but everyone who played those agreed they are linear third person shooters and in the case of tomb raider and far cry 3, VERY scripted.

"don't have the slightest clue as to what linear means in terms of gameplay"

I posted the definition and you still failed to comprehend it

"Far Cry, Deus Ex, Skyrim, Fallout, ect are non-linear,"

So lets see if i got this you are saying that far cry, the first game isnt linear, when infact all you do is go from point A to point B as yourself said is the definition of linear. No ways to do things i diffirent ways either. Deus ex IS a nonlinear game. Skyrim and fallout are open world rpgs but they do infact allow you to do missions in diffirent ways, far cry 3 DOES NOT. its scripted because there is one "RIGHT" way to do a mission, eg hunting with the specific weapon, knifing the target, or sniping in the save oliver mission becuase the game dictated thats how it must be done. On the other hand far cry 2 was infact nonlinear and you could do things the way you wanted.

"here are different objectives which can be completed in different orders and in different ways, which is NON-LINEAR."

There ARENT diffirent objectives each mission has ONE set objective that must be completed to advance to to ther other objective.

You dont have the ability to blow up a generator or kill an important npc in whatever order you want. You have to do scripted action after scritped action and 90% of the time the enemies spawn and attack you, there are like 4 missions in the entire campaign of fc3 that do infact allow you to choose if you want to go stealth or gunsblazing. The rest is very scripted and thats whats wrong with the game.

Take a look at fc2 on the other hand you do have multiple objectives and you can approach them in diffirent ways.

The thread from valvetime you posted goes nowhere, i dont know what you think it proves, when there people saying that doom 3 is "nonlinear" and valve fanboys trying to damage control the fact that hl2 has linear levels by design, some say that far cry is more nonlinear than those games and thats true but that doesnt make a game nonlinear, you still move from point a to point b and enter an area from the same path and if you move far away from the objective you gonna die or get mission fail. Its a linear game that doesnt have invisible walls or ruined buildings that blocked the road that you would normally exit an area like cod clones do.

"A simple google search will show hundreds of people agreeing with me, and none with you."

So telling a missconception which is a lie based on something you dont understand is ok as long as people agree with that illusion? See thats exactly everyone buys cod and why games dont advance gameplay wise and are so scripted, because they sell you on illusions and lies and you defend those lies instead of seeing past them and demand for better games like dishonored.

but to utterly destroy your post, i am going to entairtain the idea that the sidemissions that you "unlock" are "nonlinear.

You say

"After the first 15 minutes you have 50+ different objectives"

After the first 15 minutes you are still suck inside a tutorial mission that pretty much shows how you suppose to play the whole game. Climb up tower, hunt, clear outpost, unlock sidemissions.

When you complete that mission you do not have the freedom to do 50+ objetives becasue

A) 50+ objectives dont exist since you cant go to the second island

B)to unlock the sidemissions, the wanted missions and the hunting missions you gonna have to capture the outpost first.

C) to open up the map you need to climb up the tower which unlocks the medkit run sidemissions.

So no you dont have 50+ "diffirent" objectives....infact the "diffirent" is what makes me reallize that you dont know what you are talking about and you just talk nosense. There is variety in the sidemissions in fc3, there are 3-4 types and the rest are copy pasted on the map.

Hell even the skill tree is linear, you can unlock any skills until you progress the main quest further, its pathetic how much this game holds your hand, demands you do things it's way instead of the way you come up with and how many cutscenes interrupt the gameplay flow of the missions constantly.

Sorry dude but you're just dumb or a troll. I really don't know what else to say. You think because a game has a few linear parts that it makes the entire game linear. Maybe you're taking the definition of non-linear too literally? Try googling some discussions about linear vs non-linear games and educate yourself or try reading this incredibly simple explanation again. I even underlined the important part...

Linear: Going from point A to B.

Non-Linear: Going from point A to point B, C, or D.

Or better yet, tell me some games that are completely non-linear so I can laugh at you. You won't be able to. You know why? Because a truly non-linear game is literally impossible. You may continue with your ignorant walls of text...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dakan45

@k3ck:

"Sorry dude but you're just dumb or a troll."

Look whos talking, if irony was made of uranium we would power the whole planet with yours.

"You think because a game has a few linear parts that it makes the entire game linear."

So what you saying is that far cry 3 has "a few" linear points when the only thing that is considered nonlinear is you running around the map, any sidemissions any main mission you pick is linear.

By the same logic tomb raider is a nonlinear game, when in reallity its yet another linear and scripted shooter.

The word you looking is sandbox, a sandbox game doesnt mean the game isnt linear and scripted which is what my first post said. Would you say the missions in gta are not linear and scripted? Ofcourse they are.

"Maybe you're taking the definition of non-linear too literally?"

Maybe you take it wrong?

"Try googling some discussions about linear vs non-linear games and educate yourself or try reading this incredibly simple explanation again."

I posted the wikipedia yet you kept going on nonsene about what some bunch of nobodies think regarding doom 3 not being "linear" on a forum. Come on get real.

"Linear: Going from point A to B."

Thats linear level design you moron not gameplay.

I ll say it again if there is nothing to do when you go to point C and D, why would you go there? In dishonored you would go there becasue the game has diffirent ways of infiltration or secondary objectives than can alter the mission's outcome.

"Or better yet, tell me some games that are completely non-linear so I can laugh at you. You won't be able to. You know why? Because a truly non-linear game is literally impossible"

Minecraft, now feel free to go play in traffic!

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SaintSatan

@dakan45 said:

@k3ck:

"Sorry dude but you're just dumb or a troll."

Look whos talking, if irony was made of uranium we would power the whole planet with yours.

"You think because a game has a few linear parts that it makes the entire game linear."

So what you saying is that far cry 3 has "a few" linear points when the only thing that is considered nonlinear is you running around the map, any sidemissions any main mission you pick is linear.

By the same logic tomb raider is a nonlinear game, when in reallity its yet another linear and scripted shooter.

The word you looking is sandbox, a sandbox game doesnt mean the game isnt linear and scripted which is what my first post said. Would you say the missions in gta are not linear and scripted? Ofcourse they are.

"Maybe you're taking the definition of non-linear too literally?"

Maybe you take it wrong?

"Try googling some discussions about linear vs non-linear games and educate yourself or try reading this incredibly simple explanation again."

I posted the wikipedia yet you kept going on nonsene about what some bunch of nobodies think regarding doom 3 not being "linear" on a forum. Come on get real.

"Linear: Going from point A to B."

Thats linear level design you moron not gameplay.

I ll say it again if there is nothing to do when you go to point C and D, why would you go there? In dishonored you would go there becasue the game has diffirent ways of infiltration or secondary objectives than can alter the mission's outcome.

"Or better yet, tell me some games that are completely non-linear so I can laugh at you. You won't be able to. You know why? Because a truly non-linear game is literally impossible"

Minecraft, now feel free to go play in traffic!

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Achievements

Not mention the only objective is to survive or build something. You go from starting point A into mine point B and kill a chicken to eat along the way and then build a house on point C. A truly non-linear game is literally impossible to create.

And yes, you proved me to be absolutely right with your wikipedia definition...

"A nonlinear game will allow greater player freedom than a linear game. For example, a nonlinear game may permit multiple sequences to finish the game, a choice between paths to victory, or optional side-quests and subplots. Some games feature both linear and nonlinear elements, and some games offer a sandbox mode that allows players to explore an open world game environment independently from the game's main objectives, if any objectives are provided at all."

"A video game withlinear gameplay will confront a player with a fixed sequence of challenges. Every player sees every challenge and sees them in the same order."

THANKS FOR PROVING FAR CRY 3 IS NON-LINEAR LOL

Far Cry 3 has side quests, subplots, multiple paths to victory, multiple sequences to finish the game, open world, and sandbox mode.

Far Cry 3 does not have a fixed sequence of challenges that every player completes and sees and it does not have any order.

Do you have any mental or learning disorders or are you just too ashamed to admit you're completely and totally wrong?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dakan45

@k3ck: lolwut?

Wtf were the achievements supose to prove?

There is no point a or point b in minecraft, no one tasks you with going anywhere nor you have any objectives, you just start exploring and gathering resources.

Wherever you choose to build a house, chop trees, mine,explore or where you gonna go to do any of those things are up to you.

"A nonlinear game will allow greater player freedom than a linear game."

Yet a linear game splinter cell blacklist, allows greater freedom than far cry 3 missions, so you got proven wrong. Another example is dishonored available choices compared to the very scripted missions in far cry 3.

"a nonlinear game may permit multiple sequences to finish the game, a choice between paths to victory"

Far cry 3 missions and sidemissions have only one sequence and there are no alternate paths to victory

" sandbox mode that allows players to explore an open world game environment independently from the game's main objectives, if any objectives are provided at all."

Thats what far cry 3 is and gta but both those game have linear missions. Dishonored does not and minecraft has no objectives at all so its not linear.

"A video game withlinear gameplay will confront a player with a fixed sequence of challenges. Every player sees every challenge and sees them in the same order."

Which is exactly what far cry 3 missions are like unless your definition of "challenges" is this

"http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Achievements"

IN which case you just said that cod camapaign is nonlinear because you get the achievements and complete challenges in a diffirent sequence or not discover them at all.

Congratulations on that statement.

Thanks for PWNING Yourself!!

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SaintSatan
@dakan45 said:

@k3ck: lolwut?

Which is exactly what far cry 3 missions are like

You either didn't play the game or you're a blatant idiot that still doesn't understand what non-linear means. You think because missions have set goals that it makes the entire game linear, that's wrong. NO ONE PLAYS FAR CRY 3 ALIKE. No one plays the missions and quests in the same order if they even chose to do optional missions at all and that is the very definition of non-linear, the definition that you yourself posted. Far Cry 3 fits into almost EVERY SINGLE thing in your definition of non-linear. I have the perfect place for you. Take your ignorant troll nonsense here...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@skipper847 said:

I got more info yup. Call it golden edition and slap a 50% price increase.

Basically.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dakan45

@k3ck: "You either didn't play the game or you're a blatant idiot"

Funny as hell when you say bs like that

"NO ONE PLAYS FAR CRY 3 ALIKE."

Didnt you watch the video i posted, the missions DONT HAVE any other way to be played. They are linear and scripted. You are pretty much calling witcher a nonlinear game when infact it was a linear rpg. But hey you can do a sidemission or two before you do the main mission, such nonlinearity!!!

FACEPALM

"No one plays the missions and quests in the same order if they even chose to do optional missions at all and that is the very definition of non-linear,"

Like i said, the first thing you will do is climb the tower to unlock the map, then you unlock the medkit run mission so most peole will do that. The sidemissions, the races and shooting missions, the wanted missions and the hunting missions WONT unlock unless you capture the outpoust.

So there you go the game is far more linear than you think and infact most people DO play it the same way.

Why cant you understand that? Perhaps you should go where your inteligence is more praised

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SaintSatan

@dakan45: You are a freakin' idiot dude. You post the definition of non-linear, which Far Cry 3 fits in every aspect, and then claim the game is linear. Absolutely hilarious lol. You don't understand what linear or non-linear means in video games at all, you should probably stop talking about it. If a game has optional side quests it is non-linear because it gives you freedom of choice. Did mommy drop you on the head when you were a baby?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SaintSatan

@dakan45: And I'll post the definition of non-linear that YOU posted and STILL don't understand...

Far Cry 3 fits all of that. You HAVE to be trolling at this point. If not you're quite possibly the dumbest person in this forum.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dakan45

@k3ck said:

@dakan45: You are a freakin' idiot dude. You post the definition of non-linear, which Far Cry 3 fits in every aspect, and then claim the game is linear. Absolutely hilarious lol. You don't understand what linear or non-linear means in video games at all, you should probably stop talking about it. If a game has optional side quests it is non-linear because it gives you freedom of choice. Did mommy drop you on the head when you were a baby?

"If a game has optional side quests it is non-linear because it gives you freedom of choice."

To approach all those situations THE EXACT SAME WAY.

Far cry 3 MISSIONS and SIDEMISIONS are LINEAR and SCRIPTED they have NO FREEDOM.

"You don't understand what linear or non-linear means in video games at all, you should probably stop talking about it"

The irony!!!

Now please go play in traffic moron.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SaintSatan

@dakan45: You are so dumb it's mind blowing lol. It's still non-linear because you have freedom of choice to do those mission or not and in any order you want. It doesn't matter that the missions themselves are linear. The definition YOU posted of non-linear says "Some games feature both linear and nonlinear elements".

Sorry, but you're brain dead or trolling.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dakan45

@k3ck said:

@dakan45: You are so dumb it's mind blowing lol. It's still non-linear because you have freedom of choice to do those mission or not and in any order you want. It doesn't matter that the missions themselves are linear. The definition YOU posted of non-linear says "Some games feature both linear and nonlinear elements".

Sorry, but you're brain dead or trolling.

"It's still non-linear because you have freedom of choice to do those mission or not"

Such nonlinearity.

YET you say i am braindead?

To end this once and for all, far cry 3 dev themselfs said that the game wasnt designed with the same focus on open world and the missions, they focused on the main missions and the open world was an extra, thus the focus of the game was linear gameplay. Fc4 will have more options to do things.

So there you go the game was too linear, now they gonna make it less linear.

obviously when i said a game is too linear and scripted on a open world game, i didnt mean its a linear scripted shooter like cod, but that the game is too linear and scripted for an open world game. DUHHHH

I understand there are alot of gamers that are just clueless or dont understand how games work.

You seem to be one of them.

Loading Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1rWkqTzOJ4

Let this video educate you

End of story.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[Flagging intensifies]

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[original quote+msg removed]

Moderator Edit: Please don't quote clearly inappropriate posts, especially not to just taunt them. It only adds more work for the moderators to clean up the forum, and frequently will result in your post being deleted as well.

To everyone: Just in case it wasn't clear, this was locked because it was a necro of a thread that has been inactive for 4 months.