Diablo-like games with multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timberwolf5578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Timberwolf5578
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

Are there any Diablo-like games that a lot of people play online and don't have any monthly online charges?

Thanks

bochero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bochero
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
Dungeon Runners is supposed to be O.K.
Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts
I don't know what the online scene is for these games but Dungeon Siege 2 and Titan Quest are similar to Diablo and have a multiplayer side.
iratheous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 iratheous
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts
Titan Quest with expansion was pretty good. I finished it with my wife. It didn't have too much replayability for me though. I played it through twice.
ziproy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ziproy
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts
Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege 1&2,are the only good ones you'll find. Space Siege hasn't come out yet but it should be fun.
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts
Hellgate london, but that game has seriously gone to hell...lmao no pun intendid
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Titans Quest is alot of fun (along with the expansion pack). Also if you want to try a really good singleplayer diablo'ish game then try Divine Divinity, its a great singleplayer game that has a great story and art direction.
MasterYevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MasterYevon
Member since 2003 • 6703 Posts

Hellgate london, but that game has seriously gone to hell...lmao no pun intendid-Origin-

Did you set that sentence up just so you can use the cliche phrase "no put intended"? Awww, you did, didn't you now, be honest now no lying :P

Anyway, Mu Online is a free MMORPG that from what I understand is a pretty similar to Diablo 2. I personally didn't like it - much like most Korean free MMORPG, it's a grindfest with pretty colors - but you might. Can't hurt to give it a try.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Sacred.
Mr_NoName111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mr_NoName111
Member since 2005 • 1035 Posts

[QUOTE="-Origin-"]Hellgate london, but that game has seriously gone to hell...lmao no pun intendidMasterYevon

Did you set that sentence up just so you can use the cliche phrase "no put intended"? Awww, you did, didn't you now, be honest now no lying :P

Anyway, Mu Online is a free MMORPG that from what I understand is a pretty similar to Diablo 2. I personally didn't like it - much like most Korean free MMORPG, it's a grindfest with pretty colors - but you might. Can't hurt to give it a try.

Mu is horrible in my opinion. Diablo is the best diablo-like game there is! And once you start PvPing on Bnet, you never get sick of it (endless strategies, character/item builds, different ranked ladders, etc).
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

Titan Quest is your best bet

Dungeon Runners is free and sucks even for a free game after about 2-3 hours. Give it a shot though.

Nothing wrong with Hellgate London. It is a constant grind for better pretty gear just like Diablo. Their future is... unsure though.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Titan Quest and it's expension. There are many servers for it.

Sacred and it's expansion. About 20-30 servers, but it's the best Diablo clone imo, and even tho it doesn't have good graphics like TQ it is the best. It's just like an updated Diablo with decent graphics.

Dungeon Siege 2. Very good game, but I don't know if it's still played much :(.

pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
Diablo 2.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts
Sacred & underworld & incoming Sacred 2 it the most similarly universe to diablo up to date the differences. is a huger Lang scape and 7 Class character and that you can ride a horse and the graphic are not so good but it a game.
if the Company Ascaron would have being under project of company like EA-Games and keep there right of Scripts. They would have lot better graphic. because it take company with experiences. for have visual effect ;)
sometime a game with not so high graphic can hide a true good storyline. and sometime good gameplay.
but the best rpg up to date that combine graphic : story L ines & shooter into one is mass effect i can't wait is upcoming franchise as well Diablo 3.! :) while Dragon age im nto so sure..... it look so much like dungeon siege..
paul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 paul999
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts

Mythos of course! Made by the team from diablo and currently you can play free if you get in the beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWGMI-jwM_8&feature=related

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Titan Quest is your best betweirjf

It's your worst bet. Titan Quest's online component is useless unless you're playing LAN or doing a direct-IP connection with your friend. Everything else is laggy, full of hackers, and pointless.

arielapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 arielapp
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

there are very much games that are similar to diablo,

there are:

Maple story but i didn't like it so much

Ghost online but it is to much like maple story so i didn't like it

Archlord i played it for a few weeks but it gets boring after a wile

Dungeon runners is a good game but like archlord it gets boring after a few weeks

2moons is a good game and i like it but there are too many players and not much servers so the game get stuck

Shaiya is a good game and i still play it,for now it is the best game from the list above i played.

but the best game i played is the original diablo 2 LOD

also a good game i played is titan quest but i lost the CD-Key so i cant play it anymore but it is a good game.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

there are very much games that are similar to diablo,

there are:

Maple story but i didn't like it so much

Ghost online but it is to much like maple story so i didn't like it

Archlord i played it for a few weeks but it gets boring after a wile

Dungeon runners is a good game but like archlord it gets boring after a few weeks

2moons is a good game and i like it but there are too many players and not much servers so the game get stuck

Shaiya is a good game and i still play it,for now it is the best game from the list above i played.

but the best game i played is the original diablo 2 LOD

also a good game i played is titan quest but i lost the CD-Key so i cant play it anymore but it is a good game.

arielapp

Ummm, almost all of those, aside from Dungeon Runners, are free to play Korean MMO's that are NOTHING like Diablo....

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#19 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Hellgate london, but that game has seriously gone to hell...lmao no pun intendid-Origin-

After several patches, it's now worth picking up in a bargain bin ($10-30).

I would also recommend Titan Quest.

Archer81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archer81
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I think your best bets are still original Diablo Hellfire and Diablo 2 LOD. Several mods have multiplayer support for these games!

From these mods, I would like to introduce a Diablo Hellfire mod to you: The Hell. This one is still in heavy development and might be of interest for any Diablo 1-2 veterans after Diablo 3 announcement was made. Please visit our multi language mod site and you can evaluate its merits yourself. It is also featured now on moddb.com and gamershell.com.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-the-hell

http://www.gamershell.com/download_30474.shtml

Main site:

http://www.thehell.narod.ru

This is the developer's introduction from moddb.com:
The hallmark of The Hell is an unbelievably serious approach to development. First and foremost, it is concentrated on getting rid of all the initial bugs of Diablo & Hellfire. It also raises challenge considerably, gives much more variety (monsters, items, spells, boss monsters, unique items, item & environment colors), improves overall difficulty balance of the game, improves monster AI, introduces new character animations, increases replay value and gives full support for Multiplayer experience (over free Hamachi program). It is the HARDEST of Diablo Hellfire mods. Nowadays we have version 1.66+ and it's fully functional, has many bugs of original game fixed, is running smooth, and on average is working way better than original game. The amount of changes are tremendous (trust me), part of them are available in Changes Log file inside archive.

juggernaut8419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 juggernaut8419
Member since 2003 • 872 Posts

Mythos of course! Made by the team from diablo and currently you can play free if you get in the beta.

paul999

Sorry to tell you but Mythos is not under development anymore. FSS was struggling and it looks like another dev team might pick up Hellgate London but they said they had no plans to continue development on Mythos at this time.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanielDust
[QUOTE="paul999"]

juggernaut8419

Sorry to tell you but Mythos is not under development anymore. FSS was struggling and it looks like another dev team might pick up Hellgate London but they said they had no plans to continue development on Mythos at this time.

Yet they did say (official) that they will continue to develop both Hellgate and Mythos.

juggernaut8419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juggernaut8419
[QUOTE="juggernaut8419"][QUOTE="paul999"]

DanielDust

Yet they did say (official) that they will continue to develop both Hellgate and Mythos.

Could you give me the offical announcement for that? Last I heard was from one of the layed off still volenteering board mod (Tiggs). She said they had stopped all development on Mythos and had no plans to continue it.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DanielDust
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="juggernaut8419"][QUOTE="paul999"]

juggernaut8419

Could you give me the offical announcement for that? Last I heard was from one of the layed off still volenteering board mod (Tiggs). She said they had stopped all development on Mythos and had no plans to continue it.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26519792

juggernaut8419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juggernaut8419
[QUOTE="juggernaut8419"][QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="juggernaut8419"][QUOTE="paul999"]

DanielDust

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26519792

There is no offical news out yet. There is actually a lot of talk on the HGL forums about the conflicting news that sites have put out. That link being one of them. It looks like T3 will continue the development of HGL but no word on Mythos. Until T3, Namco or FSS says something official we will have to sit back and let the lawyers figure this out.

Edit: actually this and this are the articles mostly recently being discussed. They are just speculating that they must have sold the rights to Mythos since it appears Runic games will be working on a new project. Again I am still waiting for some official news on what exactly is going on with HGL and Mythos.